Rapidly Gained weight! Why?

Discuss tips and advice for losing body fat.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

em123
STARTING OUT

Rapidly Gained weight! Why?

Post by em123 »

Hello Everyone!

I recently decided to make the move to really tone body. I'm 22 and already at a healthy weight. I am 5'6'' and 123 pounds but I really want to tone up. I have no strength and, in opinion, hardly an muscle mass. Most of weight is in mid section, but I am very blessed to have weight spread pretty evenly.

Also, I already was eating pretty healthy although I did up protein intake slightly.

issue, within a week I gained weight! I went from 123-127 within a week and I feel it still going up. I did some research and saw that the muscle tears can add water weight due to repairing the tissue but that weight is supposed to be dropped rapidly after the second week and I'm still going up.

I workout at LEAST every other day, with 30 minutes of running then another 20 of body weight floor exercises. I have been very sore so is it possible that the muscle tearing is causing the weight gain? or am I missing something?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Rapidly Gained weight! Why?

Post by Boss Man »

Hi there Em, good to speak to you.

No what you're saying about water getting into microtears contributing to weight gain shouldn't happen to the best of understanding. Muscle gain could account for weight gain, but an extra lb of muscle can cause 45-50 calories additional fat burning.

Is it possible you're on your TOM?