This is what keeps me motivated

Discuss tips and advice for losing body fat.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

JulieRains
STARTING OUT

This is what keeps me motivated

Post by JulieRains »

Trying to stay motivated? Here is what helps me:

Hello everyone, I am a mother of two angels who are now grown. Since I’ve turned 40 weight has sky rocketed! I’m now almost THE BIG 50 so I am always searching for healthier choices.

Create a plan:
I know this sounds simple, but for me I was a procrastinator and once I wrote it down I felt a huge weight taken off shoulders. I didn’t have to think about what I was going to do. I just followed plan of ACTION. Having an exercise routine and meal plan works wonders!

Stick to it:
Now this was biggest challenge. I was scared I would be a failure. I wrote down what I wanted to accomplish then I made a motivational board. I know it sounds corny, but it really helps me. I put stuff like cut outs of a beach and a bathing suit I would love to fit into, cute outfits I would like to buy and I also included a few pictures of fit women age. favorite is motivational quotes as they inspire me to do better!

Make short term and long term goals:
Long term goals are great, but I’m the type of person who needs to see results sooner than later. Short term can be as simple as losing 1-2 pounds a week. Long term is fitting into old pair of jeans that I hid in the closet!

Health:
What motivated me 10 years ago is so different than what motivates me now. Both of parents have already passed away. Since I have become a grandmother outlook is different. I want to be there for grandchildren and I don’t want to be a burden to children as I get older. I married high school sweetheart and we started a family early in life which means we are still young enough to enjoy traveling, hiking and just being together. Having energy to play with grandchildren is the best thing in the world!

I started a Facebook health page to encourage and motivate others along with sharing healthy recipes and fitness tips. I truly free this is the most rewarding thing husband and I have ever done.

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you get off tract don’t beat yourself up about it. Tomorrow is a new day and an opportunity to try again.

Hope this helps someone. I wish you the best on your journey to health and fitness.