Not losing weight with exercise and diet. Help!!

Discuss tips and advice for losing body fat.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Nkelly
STARTING OUT

Not losing weight with exercise and diet. Help!!

Post by Nkelly »

I started 4 weeks ago with a 6 day a week workout and a low carb diet. I do have a cheat day on Sundays. I started at 255. With a BMI of 63.6 and lean body mass at 90 lbs. I stopped all preservatives and only eat organic. I also have PCOS which does make it hard to lose weight. So I'm not asking for a lot. After 4 weeks I'm still at 255 but I dropped BMI to 60 and lean body mass is now 97. Is there anything I can do to start losing weight? Or is patience only hope?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Not losing weight with exercise and diet. Help!!

Post by Boss Man »

Hi NKelly, good to talk to you.

Your BMI is going down so for now I'd just monitor it, as you could be knee jerking at this point and it's only been a month.
helpinghand
STARTING OUT

Re: Not losing weight with exercise and diet. Help!!

Post by helpinghand »

Hi NKelly, Awesome job with the 4 week commitment! :clap:

If you are low carbing it and working out 6 days a week, you should definitely be seeing some results. Did you start your journey by taking pictures of your beautiful self from the front, back and side? If you haven't done so yet it's never too late to set up your success markers, Id also suggest measuring your waist, right thigh, chest and bicep. After you have all of these, tuck them away somewhere you can't see them and then look back at them next month to measure your success.

Now Im curious, what types of exercises are you doing 6 days a week? We want to make sure that you are getting the best for the time that you are putting in.