Finally found the key to losing stubborn tummy fat

Discuss tips and advice for losing body fat.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Nutterlie22
STARTING OUT

Finally found the key to losing stubborn tummy fat

Post by Nutterlie22 »

Hi all

Can I share this with you? I have always been fit toned worked out etc although hated any kind of ab exercise and also hold all fat on front tummy no where else. Well due to having to take various meds for the last 5 years I stopped fitness regime and put on 2 stone (28 pounds) some was eating wrong food mostly lack of will to exercise
Well I finally kicked self into touch last October started eating healthy walking for at least an hour everyday either outside with the dog or on treadmill it was hard as I was so unfit. Then I bought a barbell disks n Dumbbells n discs various weight sizes (men's ones lady's are to light lol) trained with the bar mostly 3 times a week slowly increasing weight over 6 weeks mainly various types of squat exercises dead lifts clean n press shoulder raises triceps etc kick backs etc barbell rows love the weights lol do HIIT for 20 mins twice a week but still had a pouch so I started power walking with the dog 6 times a week first thing in morning (5.30am mad I know) with hrm so I'm in the zone for at least an hour. It's mental but it's melting away I also do hollow man for abs core exercise which I swear by as I hate the plank!!!! I've gotten from a UK size 14-16 back down to a 8-10 like I was 10 years ago I'm 42 now and get this!!!! I've got a flat stomach at last I'm only 5 foot tall weigh 9 stone (126 pounds) and lost 9% body fat gained muscle but don't look like the hulk or too skinny.
Sorry for going on but I'm so happy
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Finally found the key to losing stubborn tummy fat

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Nutterlie good to talk to you.

Well you definitely should be proud of yourself and obviously it must have been difficult that you were living with a condition, but the main thing is that you are able to recognise how far you have come and that you have done something that was made harder by your condition and that makes what you have done that bit sweeter I would imagine, because of the added difficulties.

I feel a sense of pride for you, because you've proven to yourself that you are not someone who is second rate or second best, but that you are you and it means something worthwhile and in your own way you have made a statement, which is to some extent a beautiful healthy one.

I do not know if your medicated condition is under control, or whether you feel you are completely free of it, or if you are able to live without medication, what you may have felt before your problems was a normal life, but this was a process you needed to go through to prove something to yourself about what you could achieve and what you were worth as a person and I personally think you passed with flying colours and I am proud of you for it.

Even if you still have to live on medication, there is certainly no shame in that and there is no embarrassment. Anyone that is on medication for a condition triggered by a weight problem and I'm not saying you are or are not such a person, may feel negatively about their circumstances when trying to resolve their weight issues, but recriminations are not the answer, as they don't represent a positive way forward for the individual, it's about trying to change the physiology to be healthier and if the medication used is one that could be seen as a temporary medication, that is to say it's not something designed to treat chronic conditions, then the changes to someone's well being may facilitate the cessation of the medication used.

One of the biggest challenges, if not the biggest, will be to successfully sustain your current level of physical and emotional well being, because you are on a lifelong journey that will potentially get a little harder, when you are significantly older than you are now, but that journey will always be worth it, because you ARE worth it and it's now within your power and your ability, to cease control of your own physiology and keep positively affecting it's own meaning and value.

You should not look back on yourself before all this with too much negativity, as too much negative reflection would partly overshadow what you have achieved since then.

The fight is not yet over, because you still have to rise to the challenge of the lifelong commitment to yourself, that you as a person justify and should make, but by reminding yourself how far you have come, and how much you are worth as a person, it should hopefully make the next and lengthy phase of your journey, a little easier to take on.

WELL DONE Nutterlie and if you need or want anything else from us, just ask and we as a community will try to do what we realistically can for you.

:clap: :clap: :thumb:
Nutterlie22
STARTING OUT

Post by Nutterlie22 »

:thumb: Now you've made me cry but happy tears and humble ones at that, it's a lifelong condition I've googled every Medicle combination going and they all unfortunately can make you put on weight and affect metabolism which I've experienced it's not just a case of no self control going to the fridge at 2am and Eating a block of cheese but this time and this new combo I'm on I refuse to let it ruin the fight in me I enjoy every second of training it's mental medicine for me not just tablets..... I laugh in its face coz I can and am doing this, now you see why I'm happy. Been reading these boards for a week now as I'm a sucker for info tips personal achievements KNOWLEDGE!!!! Best go back to sleep now got weights tomorrow faves but thanks for your support I've never had anyone say such nice things to me before :sunshine:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

You have proven you are worth the nice things said to you.

It's not easy to live with medical problems, not of your own making, because it imagine it probably feels like an unjust punishment and why me? What did I do wrong?

However you can be proud of overcoming your issues and being strong and there is a positive message to be gained here :).