Weight gain reason?

Discuss tips and advice for losing body fat.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Lozzlau
STARTING OUT

Weight gain reason?

Post by Lozzlau »

Hey

So I've been running for the past 2 years with no weight loss or weight gain.

Last month i joined a group training program. Twice a week I do an hour of circuit heavy weight training. And I run 3 times a week. 2 short runs of 6k to 10k and one long run of 15k.

Recently I've gained about 6kgs. People say they can't tell and that I look good. But I think different.

I don't track food or calories. I don't eat unhealthy but I do enjoy going out for dinner twice a week.

What would be the reason for this weight gain?

I'm 29, female, 5'11' and I currently weight 76kgs.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Weight gain reason?

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Lozzlau, good to speak to you.

I would say one obvious reason is the weight training personally.

You may have also gained a little bit of fat as well, potentially down to your eating.

Having more muscle on a female is healthy and can look beautiful and natural, so I wouldn't worry about that at all and you should be very proud of the hard work you're putting into your body.

Another possibility, is you might have increased your salt intake recently in some way, as excess salt can cause water retention.

One other possibility is whether you are on your TOM or not, as that might possibly be a factor for a small proportion of the weight gain.
Lozzlau
STARTING OUT

Post by Lozzlau »

Thanks for the reply!

I'll keep an eye on sodium intake, and the dinners I got out for.
amywads
STARTING OUT

Post by amywads »

figure bmr. 10 x weight in lbs
multiply by .50 for moderately active
add 100 calories per mile
to
maintain

to
lose subtract 5oo cals a day
running lessens arm mass unless weight training
but increases muscle mass in legs
fitness should not be judged by weight alone
energy clothes fitting and bmi can all help determine whether your weight gain is temporary from sodium or overdoing water retaining carbs or sodium or more muscle mass or to just plain overeating
ScarletG
STARTING OUT

Post by ScarletG »

It's because of the muscles. :)

When I first started exercising and going to the gym I did it because I wanted to lose 2,3 kg and to be more fit. I ended up having more kilograms that when I started (started with 55, ended up with around 60, depending on what I eat, but it's always 59,60 or 61), and I've never looked better.
So don't worry, if you keep working out you'll gain muscles, and muscles are heavier that fat. :)