Need help toning up the stomach area

Discuss tips and advice for losing body fat.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Time4Changes
STARTING OUT

Need help toning up the stomach area

Post by Time4Changes »

I'm a 26 year old who dropped from 12 stone to 10 stone around about 12 months ago doing 1 hour cardio exercises per day for 4 to 5 months straight, mid way through I did try to introduce a tiny little bit of weight lifting but stopped the second I noticed unsightly stretch marks on arms.

Since I'm 5 feet 6 inches a shorty :/ 10 stone was fine, I met ideal goal and stopped. continued eating healthily then started a new manual job which requires moving around all day at a quickish pace so in order to not lose weight and maintain I began eating junk food again. This is the only way I seem to be able to maintain that 10 stone... The second I try to lower calorie intake, eat healthier the weight on the scales dramatically drops to the low 9's seriously, 9's is way too low, even 10 is cutting it fine.

I have recently come across some articles that mention to lose body fat I must eat at a calorie deficit, how am I able to achieve this with the job I do? I am already at a normal weight but could still do with toning stomach up, still quite a bit of flab there. I am going away in 12 weeks so would like to tone up the best I can. Eating healthily, working all day and introducing some resistance training just doesn't seem to cut it as I tend to lose too much weight. job is quite demanding as most manual jobs are so it's immensely difficult to find a balance.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Need help toning up the stomach area

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Time4changes, good to speak to you.

I would say go back to the weight lifting, but try a diet consisting of this macro-nutrient range.

Protein 40%

Carbs 30%

Fat 30%

Aim for around 2,500 calories a day and see how you get on for the next 2 months at least.

You could go for a 3 day TBT program focusing on all the main body parts and then intersperse some cardio into the mix a couple of times a week for around 20-30 minutes.

So your schedule would look something like this.

Day 1. Weights

Day 2. Cardio

Day 3. Weights

Day 4. Day off

Day 5. Cardio

Day 6. Weights

Day 7. Day off.
ChampionRising89
STARTING OUT

Re: Need help toning up the stomach area

Post by ChampionRising89 »

Boss Man is spot on, and I'd add some isolate abs exercises to your routine as well: toes-to-bar leg raises and work out using a ab wheel roll.