Is the C25K an effective workout plan if I'm focusing on losing weight?

Discuss tips and advice for losing body fat.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

BarneyBunch
STARTING OUT

Is the C25K an effective workout plan if I'm focusing on losing weight?

Post by BarneyBunch »

I came across this article a few days ago discussing how to lose weight on a C25K program that I had some questions about. Here is the article for reference: https://www.nordictrackpromocodes.com/a ... kout-plan/. Currently, main goal is to lose weight and body fat and, as far as I know, the best way to do that is through dieting and counting calories. The article touches on this, but doesn't go into much detail about going through the C25K program while on a calorie deficit.

That being said, I do want some type of workout program that is going to work alongside daily calorie deficits. Something that will still help improve physical activity, but not something too taxing that makes this whole weight loss process more difficult for me. Has anyone had any experience going through the C25K program while counting their calories for weight loss? Did the C25K program feel productive? Are there different workout programs that are better for someone trying to count calories? Any help will be appreciated.
garygoberjr
STARTING OUT

Re: Is the C25K an effective workout plan if I'm focusing on losing weight?

Post by garygoberjr »

Truthfully, any exercise regimen will help you lose weight along with a consistent caloric deficit. I'm not sure how much you currently weigh but when I was at heaviest running was very taxing on joints. It wasn't until I dropped 30 pounds or so that I began to run again with less pain.