Regarding chest fat

Discuss tips and advice for losing body fat.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

kalamkarsumant
STARTING OUT

Regarding chest fat

Post by kalamkarsumant »

Sir, I am a boy from India. I am 22 years old.I am following a proper strength training program from last two years.I have some chest fat since the age of 13-14.When I started training program ,I had no proper chest muscle. After 1 year of training ,I developed quite a bit of chest muscle,but still couldn't remove chest fat from lower pegs.Then I thought that I might be having Gynecomastia.But then I asked an expert and searched on internet where I realized I have normal chest fat, but due to the strength training from last two years muscle has grown and muscle has pushed the remaining fat forward which has given a bulky appearance to chest. And now I don't know how to reduce that fat.Sir, I am clear that I don't have true gynecomastia,it's only the chest fat which has been pushed forward....what should I do? Please help
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Regarding chest fat

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Kalam, good to speak to you.

What sort of exercises are you doing for your chest and how many reps and sets do you do for each one?
kalamkarsumant
STARTING OUT

Post by kalamkarsumant »

From last 3-4 weeks I am doing:
3 sets of decline dumbbell press- 1) 40 pounds(each hand)- 15 reps.2) 50 pounds -12 reps. 3) 60 pounds - 8 reps

3 sets of incline press( on a supporting machine)- 1) 45 pounds(each hand) -15 reps. 2) 55 pounds - 12 reps. 3)70 /80 pounds- 8 reps.

2 sets of flat dumbbell press- 1)35 pounds- 15 reps. 2) 45 pounds- 10/12 reps
Some other exercises like flyes(on machine ) with 80 pounds and 100 pounds ,cable assisted chest exercises.

Sir, I discussed the same issue with one of the trainers in gym. He said that the case I mentioned about chest fat may not be perfectly true.He said that fat never remains their like I mentioned.He said that you may feel this kind of thing because you are training from two years and not getting the desired results,hence comparing your physic with others (looking at their muscle growth).This may be true sir,that I might have more fat because I don't follow a proper diet because of Daily routine (which has changed just 2 months before).He suggested me to do KETO diet....still sir , I normally consume 1 scoop whey (24 Grams ) ,4-5 eggs,Indian diet like Rice & chapati, oat meals, flax seeds, chicken.
Please sir,Suggest some changes in the workout strategy for chest ...!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Keto is probably not the answer, but try changing the workout, so that all the bench press exercises are 3 sets of 8 reps.

I would try without any other chest exercises and see how the 9 sets of benching works out over the next 4-6 weeks.

So to recap 3 sets incline 8 reps, 3 sets flat 8 reps, 2 sets decline 8 reps.
tylerr
STARTING OUT

Post by tylerr »

I'm not to the point of worrying about it myself, but chest fat is starting to feel a lot more squishy and has an elastic feel. I'm hoping to hit chest hardcore and bring in some muscle. I have a feeling chest will be the most difficult part to lose. Cheers goes out to some major work in the gym and what goes into mouth.
Ethan1122
STARTING OUT

Post by Ethan1122 »

Eat more beneficial, man boobs are quite often the consequence of long periods of eating low quality nourishment which contain a bigger number of calories than entire sustenance, get more grounded, one, muscle estimate is straightforwardly identified with quality gains thus by getting more grounded on the seat squeeze, you will shape your chest...

We know what we are, but know not what we may be