Advice for weight loss/toning

Discuss tips and advice for losing body fat.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

okamiwolfee
STARTING OUT

Advice for weight loss/toning

Post by okamiwolfee »

So I’m wanting to get toned & slim down for May, 21st bday weekend & a holiday in June. I’m about 5’3 and currently 9/10 stone, I don’t think I’m fat by any means, but I do want to slim down a little and flatten stomach.

mum got a treadmill, so I just want to know if plan of 30 mins on the treadmill and then about 10 minutes of ab exercises - mostly Pilates moves - will help me achieve goal??

Thanks for any advice!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Advice for weight loss/toning

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Okami, good to speak to you.

Personally the approach you're working with would work up to a point, but remember what you eat still has to be a primary focus, as some people could train properly and eat poorly and lose less weight than people who eat properly and don't train at all or at best train poorly.

So whilst I think your approach has the potential to give you some success I don't want to be false with you and say you would acheive exactly what you're hoping for as depending on the final outcome, I could be giving you some false hope.
ChristinaV
STARTING OUT

Post by ChristinaV »

Hi guys! Do you believe that cardio really helps weight loss? I run on the treadmill about 15-20k weekly and I must admit that the calorie burn is remarkable. However I feel that a vicious circle is created as it widens appetite and although I burn calories I tend to eat a lot as well.
Do you think that long distance run and wight loss diet can be combined effectively in order to have the "fuel" to run but also don't take extra calories?
Gyles4
STARTING OUT

Post by Gyles4 »

What are you doing mate to lose your weight? And how much would you like to lose like- 1 or 2 kgs per week or month?
johnoats88
STARTING OUT

Post by johnoats88 »

I have a similar issue im looking for help with. fat is mainly in stomach area. I've heard the best things to lose fat, especially stomach fat, is HIIT like sprints and stuff. Also eating a healthier diet. I've been looking into things that can help me lose weight faster tho and I've come across a few things, one in particular im hoping to get some opinions on. Its a product created by a doctor who says that you can lose pounds without heavy exercise, in with as little as 2 minutes a day. Its called the lean breakthrough. I wanted to know if anyones heard of it or tried it, before i go and buy this. I found a link about it here https://odproductpromotions.home.blog/2 ... akthrough/
thanks
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I'd ignore it. It's just a cl*ckbank product and I'd be weary of cl*ckbank stuff. Too many people improperly promote cl*ckbank products and many are probably too good to be true.

Plus the website is a bit cheap and only seems to be peddling the one thing. If the product was really credible chances are it would pop up on several site,s but it looks like some way to make some medic a few fast bucks.

Doctors peddling supposed weight loss cures, always strikes me as a bit fishy,
Gyles4
STARTING OUT

Post by Gyles4 »

What is your weight right now? And how much would you like to lose per week or month?
BitGid
STARTING OUT

Post by BitGid »

The biggest advantage of cardio is health: longer and healthier life. Calorie loss from cardio alone is typically less than anaerobic exercise, so if your goal is weight loss, then you're not hitting your primary goal. Lifting/weight training will lose more calories. But I personally think the advantages of cardio should never be ignored, and its something you should include. There is more than just "weight" as an indicator of health.

Weight loss is mostly controlled by diet, healthy eatingand determination. It can be done through exercise but rarely do people who aim to lose weight do so through exercise alone.
Slozarbio
STARTING OUT

Post by Slozarbio »

There are two things that you must to lose your fat.
1. Run : Daily running for a good period of time like 10 to 15 km will help you a lot in losing weight.
2. Water: Eat water 5 to 6L daily.
These are the basic tips that I use.
Although some of friends tried steroids. It was thanks to legal anabolic supplement they removed excess fat on the stomach quickly. You can read information about Anavar. One of the most popular anabolic steroids that is widely used for weight loss. friend tried this. Although all this must be selected individually. And then you can support the body with aerobic exercises, eat right and eliminate bad habits.
Last edited by Slozarbio on Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Steroids however have side effects and are not a good idea if someone is eating less than a minimum of 3,500 calories a day. You also need a good PCT and people using it who are vastly experienced have been known to lose 25%-50% of any muscle gains made on a cycle.