Starting weight/fat loss journey

Discuss tips and advice for losing body fat.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

marto
STARTING OUT

Starting weight/fat loss journey

Post by marto »

Hi, am new to this site and am looking to get some useful tips on how to start weight loss journey. I have a little bit of complexity and that is every time I try to start dieting to lose weight, I start to feel sick and weak even if I take a lot of meal replacement bars and drinks. Should I first? Please advice me on how to start this weight loss without getting sick
Thanks
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Starting weight/fat loss journey

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Marto, good to speak to you.

What times do you eat at and what foods do you eat at those times?
Veeba
STARTING OUT

Post by Veeba »

Hi Marto
I was also one of the people searching the tips, points to lose weight. I am 20 years old and weight was around triple age. So being overweight made me conscious and was also teased in college. I also tried dieting and same as you I became sick & weak. When I was not satisfied with the results I searched online for theadvice, doctors feedback and yes I went through many programs that showed effective results. The tips shared were beneficial and we mostly do ingnore them in our daily life. As these sites were proved to be beneficial for me, hope they prove the same for you.

https://www.theholistic-health.com/2018 ... eight.html
https://www.gq.com/story/lose-weight-th ... y-way-2019
All the very best, I have shaped body the way I wanted and hope the same for you.
marto
STARTING OUT

Post by marto »

Boss Man wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:45 pm Hi Marto, good to speak to you.

What times do you eat at and what foods do you eat at those times?
hi, boss man
I eat around 8 or 9pm. foods range from potatoes, plantains, bread, cheese, beans some meat, fish. I did try some programs but i am always feeling i should first. I read it from this red tea ebook i downloaded that its important to before or while starting to lose weight. How true is that?
here is the ebook https://drive.google.com/file/d/17mGcZk ... HWt6O/view
Last edited by marto on Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:27 am, edited 13 times in total.
marto
STARTING OUT

Post by marto »

Veeba wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:30 pm Hi Marto
I was also one of the people searching the tips, points to lose weight. I am 20 years old and weight was around triple age. So being overweight made me conscious and was also teased in college. I also tried dieting and same as you I became sick & weak. When I was not satisfied with the results I searched online for theadvice, doctors feedback and yes I went through many programs that showed effective results. The tips shared were beneficial and we mostly do ingnore them in our daily life. As these sites were proved to be beneficial for me, hope they prove the same for you.

https://www.theholistic-health.com/2018 ... eight.html
https://www.gq.com/story/lose-weight-th ... y-way-2019
All the very best, I have shaped body the way I wanted and hope the same for you.

Hi Veeba, thanks for the links, I will sure look into it since it worked for you. Am just curious, did you exercise while you were losing weight?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Firstly, you should not bother with that red tea stuff, as it's just being flogged to death on the internet and frankly it's just some way for a people to make money out of a questionable product.

As for some of the other stuff you said, are you saying you eat one meal a day around 8-9PM?
BitGid
STARTING OUT

Post by BitGid »

Counting calories. That's it. I tracked everything I ate with an app or printed or printable templates like https://onplanners.com/template/7-happy ... r-template, plus working out (which I tracked with the same app as well). It's going to be tough for the first week or two, and you will be hungry, but get through it and it becomes natural and easier. Good luck!
April92
STARTING OUT

Post by April92 »

Hi! New to this site also and also trying to start journey. :bugeyes:

I mean if I can eat bacon and diet at the same time... YAY! Anyone have any experience with Keto diets? Successful?
Thanks and good luck to everyone!!!
sarangd12
STARTING OUT

Post by sarangd12 »

Hi ! I am new to this site but a very good admirer/reader of weight loss programs and articles :wave: .
To knowledge weight loss is accomplished . Its not easy but not impossible as well .
There are many ways you can shed your weight :thumb: but the challenge is you should not gain extra after losing fast .
The main issue is weight gain is todays heptic lifestyle and intake of toxins unknowingly .
Bad Gaskets
STARTING OUT

Post by Bad Gaskets »

Getting sick while trying to get into a calorie deficit tells me (from experience) that the foods you ARE eating aren't providing enough minerals.

I've found helpful to eat foods that are moderate in calories but high in minerals like potassium, magnesium, etc. I have yet to get sick/weak after eating breakfast of oatmeal (in milk), frozen blueberries (warmed up) and a few glops of plain Greek Yogurt... No sweeteners added of any sort other than the natural blueberry flavor.

In the Summer, job is terribly hot and exhausting, and I sweat profusely. Every meal becomes a bought with nausea if I don't occasionally eat some sea salt to replenish what I've sweated out. It's way worse during a calorie deficit for losing weight.