Looking to loose a lot of weight

Discuss tips and advice for losing body fat.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Mark_k
STARTING OUT

Looking to loose a lot of weight

Post by Mark_k »

Hello, I am looking to lose about 125 pounds. Have a few questions on how to go about this. Would I be better to start with cardio and then move to weights later on after I’ve started to lose weight? About how many calories should I consume per day to help with this? Thank you
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Looking to loose a lot of weight

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Mark, good to speak to you.

Firstly, I would say go for Cardio and Weights first, rather than one initially and the other added in later on. That would noly be a reasonable strategy for people struggling to juggle 3 balls at once by trying to remain consistent with cardio, weights and diet and at this stage I wouldn't want to presume that you would struggle ot balance all 3 aspects of your attempted progress, so I would suggest to move forward on all 3 fronts and if it looks like you're struggling for consistency with one or more of them, then concentrate your focus more, untill you have consistency in some way shape or form, then add other things back into the mix.

Most people can easily start off with a weights regime, that focuses on the whole body 3x a week every other day and as for cardio it can be segwayed inbetween some of the weightlifting days.

What times do you eat at and what foods do you eat at those times?
befree
STARTING OUT

Post by befree »

What times do you eat at and what foods do you eat at those times?
I agree, this is one of the most important questions if you want to lose weight that much.
mark031111
STARTING OUT

Post by mark031111 »

Mixing up some cardio and hitting the weights later can be a solid plan to drop those pounds. When it comes to calories, take it steady and aim to cut back a bit without going extreme.