Stretch Marks

Discuss skin, hair and nails here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

xxchrisxx
STARTING OUT

Stretch Marks

Post by xxchrisxx »

So i've gotten stretch marks around armpit area for about 8 weeks or so. It's starting to bother me, so does anyone here has the same experience? Getting stretch marks while weight lifting. So question is not how to get rid of/treat but to prevent new ones form happening? I'm starting to see vague traces of them on biceps now. Sad

I've lowered caloric intake to a suitable amount, should i take it slow at the gym or even go on a hiatus to let skin heal?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Stretch Marks

Post by Boss Man »

1. You could try to increase Vitamin E content. So any foods with healthy Fat in, or somerthing like Cucumber.

2. Drink more water possibly.

3. Use something like Cocoa Butter.

4. Try a product like Bio-oil.

5. Live with it and accept it's better than having doo dah, that isn't fit for much except chronically slow peeing.

I'm not speaking from experience by that, before anyone gets the urge to take that comment further :wink:
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

Gaining a lot of mass in a relatively short period of time can cause the stretch marks, but so can certain motions - for example, I got really horrible ones on shoulders and pecs the first time I went sky-diving, the hard jerk of chute opening actually stretched skin and made faint purple marks. The marks fade eventually, but I don't know if there's anything you can really do to treat them. I would look up some reviews of creams, and see what you come up with. I've heard good things about the Bio Oil the Boss mentioned, and I know you can get it at any Walmart.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

There is a similar product to Bio-oil, called Mahadeva or something like that, which might also be worth a look, if you can manage to Google it properly, based on weak rememberance of the product name :wink:
juan92
HIGH FLYER

Post by juan92 »

i read somewhere on the cocoa butter so i would go with that one, since 2 people have already recommended it.
i have em too but i think its cuz i used to be overweight, now i just ignore them, but i also have this red stretch mark and im guessing the bench press is to blame because that's all i did back in the day.
kaithsandy
STARTING OUT

Post by kaithsandy »

Massage with Almond oil or try no marks cream.
jeanrose770
STARTING OUT

Post by jeanrose770 »

Crema Cacao is amazing for the treatment of scars and stretch marks. Get online. Order some, and apply!
I am in love with this stuff!!
annewjust78
STARTING OUT

Post by annewjust78 »

Natural white sugar is one of the best natural remedies to get rid of stretch marks. You can use the sugar to exfoliate your skin. Mix a tablespoon of raw sugar with some almond oil and a few drops of lemon juice. Mix it well and apply it on the stretch marks and other skin areas. Gently rub the mixture on the skin for at least 10 minutes every day before taking a shower. Do this for a month or so and watch your stretch marks become lighter.
t_keesh
STARTING OUT

Post by t_keesh »

jeanrose770 wrote:Crema Cacao is amazing for the treatment of scars and stretch marks. Get online. Order some, and apply!
I am in love with this stuff!!
What is this crema cacao? Is it like a cacao butter? How do you apply it? Did it help you to get rid of the stretch marks or just lighten them a little bit? Thanks for reply.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Creme Cacao, is French for Cream Of Cocoa, I don't know much about it, but it sounds a bit like cocoa butter, so it could be a company using a poncy name for a regular standard product.