eczema

Discuss skin, hair and nails here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Frenchmaid1969
HIGH FLYER

eczema

Post by Frenchmaid1969 »

i dont get it i am off work for 2 months during the summer and hands are pratically clear and the first week back at work in september 7 well the eczema is back...its just in hands sometime around the wrist, on top and inside hands.... last year it was between fingers .... but its so itchy and painfull... right now its not too bad but i am screar the it will get worst... last winter it was so painfull... that i miss sometime off work because of it... main work is working as a desktop publisher so i type all the time and its pretty painfull!!

I eat the same as the summer i have not change nothing... i don't get it!! :cry:
TockyB
STARTING OUT

Re: eczema

Post by TockyB »

Does work stress you out? Eczema can be stress related. You should get a steroid based hand cream called Hydrocortisone or Betnovate, it clears the skin very quickly. Also there is a hand cream called Diprobase that works very well to hydrate the skin and (temporarily) aleviates the itching :wink:.
Frenchmaid1969
HIGH FLYER

Post by Frenchmaid1969 »

Lesplease wrote:It could be the drier weather? Have you tried lotion or anything?
yes i try all kind of lotion... with no perfume.... like avino Keri lotion...
Frenchmaid1969
HIGH FLYER

Post by Frenchmaid1969 »

TockyB wrote:Does work stress you out? Eczema can be stress related. You should get a steroid based hand cream called Hydrocortisone or Betnovate, it clears the skin very quickly. Also there is a hand cream called Diprobase that works very well to hydrate the skin and (temporarily) aleviates the itching :wink:.
Actually yes work really stress me out... i sometime can't stad it here.. too many people who does mind their business its nuts!!! Maybe i should write something in the open chat just to try to get some tip form people who might have some experience like that!!!
musculargirl
VETERAN

Post by musculargirl »

sometimes i use to get really dry dry skin. I would put vaseline on legs at night and that helped a lot. I don't know if dry skin is the same as eczema or if it would help. Just a thought.
Last edited by musculargirl on Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frenchmaid1969
HIGH FLYER

Post by Frenchmaid1969 »

musculargirl wrote:I live in minnesota and in the winter sometimes i use to get really dry dry skin. I would put vaseline on legs at night and that helped a lot. I don't know if dry skin is the same as eczema or if it would help. Just a thought.
I try that last year vaseline mom told me to do it because hands were so bad and i did i put some before i went to bed and put some glove on...omg i waking up around 3 am just itching hand like they were no tomorrow... i was so painfull i don't know why but wow was it itchy so bad that i scratch it so much it was red, swellen and bloody... yack.... i hope i don't get it that bad this year!!!
Wendy32
STARTING OUT

Post by Wendy32 »

husband has eczema on his face off and on and he uses apple cidar vinegar-and it clears it up--if u can handle the smell. Apple cidar vinegar is mother nature's medicine.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Apple Cider Vinegar and Pear Cider Vinegar are supposed to taste foul, I've read peoples testimonies and given they claim to have something like 15-20+ benefits, they sound too good to be true.

From learned and honest observations, the more claims a product has about benefits, the less likely most if not all are to be tangible or even true. For every X% of consumers, there's always a potential magic bullet product and enough people to make it profitable, nearly every time you make such a product.

Here's a genuine possibility for you.

Bromelain from Pineapple and Papain from Papaya. They have for one thing mildly healthful benefits for skin, but they are also Proteases, (Protein digesting enzymes), so one or both are often used in Meat Tenderiser.

So you could consider the possibility, that you could use Meat Tenderiser on Eczema and possibly get a medicinal effect.

Can't tell you how the skin would smell afterwards mind you :P.