Very thin, falling hair. I am 21 & I'll be bold b4 40!

Discuss skin, hair and nails here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

skully
REGULAR

Very thin, falling hair. I am 21 & I'll be bold b4 40!

Post by skully »

I always have had very thing and soft hair, and in recent years, past 3-4, I starting losing a lot of hair (falling, ripping it - being depressed and whatnot) So hair condition is pretty sad & I would like to at least the hair near forehead area. Know of any good remedies for helping hair growth & making it stronger? Or even foods I can eat to help with the situation?

I believe protein is suppousdely good for hair & I have definitely increased protein levels in the past year, even results show so. Anything else? :cry:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Very thin, falling hair. I am 21 & I'll be bold b4 40!

Post by Boss Man »

Hair contains Amino Acids I believe so any kind of Shampoo with Amino Acids in it would be good.

You might need something with conditioner in, if you don't use it.

You could also consume more Omega 3 type fats. Things like Nuts, Peanuts, Oils, Avocado, Flax etc etc.

Potentially a water intake issue as well. You may need to consider consuming more if you don't consume that much already.
scottgaran
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by scottgaran »

Are you taking a muli-vitamin? It can be somthing as simple as that. Diet affects everything!
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

Is your hair pulled back very tightly every day? I used to get headaches from wearing hair back tightly all the time, and when I did a little research I found that it can also lead to temporary hair loss. It's not permanent if that's what it is, so don't worry! Here's a link: http://www.ehow.com/about_6628834_ponyt ... -loss.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
skully
REGULAR

Post by skully »

Boss Man wrote:Hair contains Amino Acids I believe so any kind of Shampoo with Amino Acids in it would be good.

You might need something with conditioner in, if you don't use it.

You could also consume more Omega 3 type fats. Things like Nuts, Peanuts, Oils, Avocado, Flax etc etc.

Potentially a water intake issue as well. You may need to consider consuming more if you don't consume that much already.
Boss, I do drink 2-3L on daily basis. I do also have healthy fat in diet (nuts & olive oil mostly). Hm, no I don't use conditioners - not sure which "brand" is good.
scottgaran wrote:Are you taking a muli-vitamin? It can be somthing as simple as that. Diet affects everything!
I don't like taking anything in pill-form, as 1)i never stick to it, 2) I had a very bad experience with wanting to commit suicide through pills back in the day. I hate pills.
Athene wrote:Is your hair pulled back very tightly every day? I used to get headaches from wearing hair back tightly all the time, and when I did a little research I found that it can also lead to temporary hair loss. It's not permanent if that's what it is, so don't worry! Here's a link: http://www.ehow.com/about_6628834_ponyt ... -loss.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sadly it is, I try to keep it loose with a hair clip instead of something that holds it tight (forget the objects name...ahh). Thing is, it's very hard to do otheerwise, esp I wear scaf (for religious reasons), so I usually have it pulled it back. OF course I don't wear it 24/7 but whenever I am out of the house I wear it, or where there are men (non close-relatives) and stuff. :?
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

skully wrote:
Athene wrote:Is your hair pulled back very tightly every day? I used to get headaches from wearing hair back tightly all the time, and when I did a little research I found that it can also lead to temporary hair loss. It's not permanent if that's what it is, so don't worry! Here's a link: http://www.ehow.com/about_6628834_ponyt ... -loss.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sadly it is, I try to keep it loose with a hair clip instead of something that holds it tight (forget the objects name...ahh). Thing is, it's very hard to do otheerwise, esp I wear scaf (for religious reasons), so I usually have it pulled it back. OF course I don't wear it 24/7 but whenever I am out of the house I wear it, or where there are men (non close-relatives) and stuff. :?
If your hair is pulled back tightly every day that is most definitely what is causing your hair to thin out. I know it can be tough to get long hair back securely enough that it won't fall down (into your scarf, etc.), but if you can braid it loosely and secure the braid with a clip at the back or something, that might pull less on the roots of your hair.

Oh yes, the object - hair elastic ; ) We have the "ouchless" ones here that don't pull too much. Do you have access to something like that?
skully
REGULAR

Post by skully »

There are some that are loose, but I very hate loose clips, cuz scarf keeps falling and stuff...hmm I think i'll go get the loose ones then, don't know if they'll make any dfference tho. I usually keep hair loose when not wearing the scarf, tight otherwise. Eh.

Are there any other things I can do to let the hair grow back ?
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Have your iron levels checked. Could be allergies also. While your at the doctors, have your hormone levels checked.
skully
REGULAR

Post by skully »

I have checked iron levels not long time ago, maybe 6 months or so, and they're on the edge of "normal" I think the number was 11? I am not sure.

But how does Hormones have anything to do with falling hair?
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

If I'm not mistaken, normal range is 25 to 250 ?..One symptom of thyroid condition, is hair loss, how hormones make it fall out, I'm not sure exactly.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Baldness in people can also be linked to DHT, (Di-hydro Testosterone), which is a byproduct of too much Tesosterone.

In females the normal range is 45-90 ng/dl, (Nanograms per decilitre of blood), a nanogram is one billionth of a gram. For men it should be around 350 / 360 - 1,000. Anything less than the lower numbers, ups heart attack risk.

This could be case if Oestrogen is low. Though Thyroid problems as stated, can exacerbate hair problems in females.

I would also suggest hormone levels be checked.
skully
REGULAR

Post by skully »

I did chech thyroid also not long back, when I checked iron levels as well - nothing came up in the results. And i def have VERY little testestrone for sure. no idea about estrogen....eh, I guess i'll consider going for a check up soon.
mark3
STARTING OUT

Post by mark3 »

You should try herbal oils and try olive oil and almond oil. They are very useful and helpful for healthy hairs. A hair therapy can be tried if you consult any doctor. I also tried this and i got very good results.
SSotirov
STARTING OUT

Post by SSotirov »

When it comes to hair loss you should start from your lifestyle and diet.

A good diet should contain a good amount of protein, fruits, veggies (especially dark leafy ones and broccoli), healthy fats and loads of water. Also herbs like horsetail, saw palmetto, siberian ginseng and rosemary are known for stopping hair loss and helping hair regrowth.

Also smoking, drinking and strong chemicals are very harmful to your hair!
stellamandy96
STARTING OUT

Post by stellamandy96 »

I can understand your situation and even i also faced that hair loss problem then one of friend suggested me about the "Argan Conditioner Strengthens and Reduces Hair Loss" oil and it really worked.

This Argan oil is prepared from the large Argan nuts and this oil production process is performed to an ancient preservation tradition that extracts a high concentration of the acidity and various vitamins. The oil's acidity and vitamins are essential for hair assist in softening, nourishing and rehabilitating the hair.

I used this one after shampooing with argan shampoo and apply a palm sized quantity of argan conditioner to wair 2-3 minutes and rinse.

This oil is often referred to as a miracle product because of its extreme moisturizing benefits for both hair and skin. Unlike other oils, argan extracts don’t just temporarily mask dryness. The kernels contain vitamin E to restore each strand of hair and keep it moisturized long after use. At the same time, argan oil helps to naturally restore the hair cuticle. This is made possible by the natural presence of antioxidants that directly reverse cellular damage.

I hope definitely it will help you.
Good luck!!!