olay pro x advanced cleansing system

Discuss skin, hair and nails here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

musculargirl
VETERAN

Post by musculargirl »

i just bought this the other day and i really like it. skin feels so smooth after using it.

It is a brush run by batteries that you apply to your face for about a minute and it is suppose to exfoliate your skin. Cost $28.

I'm hoping it will help with blackheads. :roll:

Saw it on Dr OZ. just thought i would put it out there.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: olay pro x advanced cleansing system

Post by Boss Man »

The only slight issue in mind looking at that, is that one of the ingredients is Polyethylene.

Why does the cleanser contain a type of plastic?

Though I might be making something out of nothing.

I presume you checked the ingredients before buying, for independant research, to be aware of possible risk or allergies etc.
musculargirl
VETERAN

Post by musculargirl »

Boss Man wrote:presume you checked the ingredients before buying, for independant research, to be aware of possible risk or allergies etc.
No boss i didn't. :oops: I did read some reviews though. I don't know if everyone would like this.. Some people on the reviews didn't but a lot did.

I've never been good at exfoliating skin so i guess i was happy when i found this and liked it.

It does say if you don't like the cleanser you can use other cleansers with the brush. They say oil of olay products but i would think other products would work as well. :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

That's message though. Same one as with supplements. If you intend to put anything "unusual" in your hair, mouth or on your skin, always make sure you have independant science to assess ingredients for negative interaction potential, so you know what is safe for you to use in any circumstances, including ones where you consume Alcohol, Caffeine or Medications, the latter being the only relevant one regarding hair and skin products.
musculargirl
VETERAN

Post by musculargirl »

Boss Man wrote:That's message though. Same one as with supplements. If you intend to put anything "unusual" in your hair, mouth or on your skin, always make sure you have independant science to assess ingredients for negative interaction potential, so you know what is safe for you to use in any circumstances, including ones where you consume Alcohol, Caffeine or Medications, the latter being the only relevant one regarding hair and skin products.
Good to know! I do check when i take things orally to see if they interfere with medications but otherwise i don't usually check on stuff. I did read a few reviews where they did have a bad reaction to the cleanser. I guess i just figured they had sensitive skin. Most didn't but i did read a few that did. I wouldn't even know where to begin to search for independant studies for stuff like this except google. I'm so not a science fan. :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

This site will help you :).

Cosmetics Info
musculargirl
VETERAN

Post by musculargirl »

Thanks. :D
musculargirl
VETERAN

Post by musculargirl »

nice site boss.

I don't know if wouldn't put anything on skin that i wouldn't ingest but your probably right Allison the less you do the better it would be. :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Allison makes a meritworthy point, In which case feel free to rub ground up mushrooms into your face, or some squashed grapes or even runny egg if you prefer :wink:
musculargirl
VETERAN

Post by musculargirl »

Boss Man wrote:Allison makes a meritworthy point, In which case feel free to rub ground up mushrooms into your face, or some squashed grapes or even runny egg if you prefer
I'll make a note to do that. I did read on here that tomatoes i think are able to help with blackheads, and i have heard of eggwhites for your face as well. :) So you might be on to something boss. :lol:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

People used to wash their hair with Beer. Something to do with the yeast I believe. Soap was another thing to wash hair with. I tried it once, but can't say I was overly enamoured with it; needless to say it will probably never be repeated.