Skin problems

Discuss skin, hair and nails here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Andrew001
STARTING OUT

Skin problems

Post by Andrew001 »

Is it true that some excessive fatty food materials and fried ones cause many of the skin diseases like pimples ect.It is always good to utilize fruits and vegetables at maximum for good healthy skin. Please share your view about this.
AnnaBrigitta96
STARTING OUT

Re: Skin problems

Post by AnnaBrigitta96 »

Yes that is true. If one eats too much fatty junk food, like fast food, deep fried food, etc. Skin will get oily, and it also affects body oder too. It's good to keep foods like that to a limit, and wash your face in the morning and at night. If you scrub at your face with a washrag and rubbing alcohol, it will remove dirt and a good amount of moisture from your face and body, so I suggest you should put some light good working lotion on. Hope this helps. :)
Christianbirch
STARTING OUT

Post by Christianbirch »

Nice response. Very true.
Sunwarrior
STARTING OUT

Post by Sunwarrior »

Yes, it is. But what's more important is the type of fat or oils one is consuming. It you're eating foods high in Omega-6 oils(pro-inflammatory) like vegetable oils, then your more likely to experience skin issues. But a diet high in Omega-3 oils, like fish and flax oil, is not presumed to stimulate such a response.
Trish0102
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by Trish0102 »

Definitely true. Oily foods are bad for the skin. Fruits and vegetables gives you smooth and healthy skin.
stellamandy96
STARTING OUT

Post by stellamandy96 »

That’s true. Eating fatty foods can cause your skin to produce excess oil that triggers acne and which will lead to so many skin problems and processed saturated fats are the most harmful, because they increases oil production in the skin, resulting in breakouts.

Also psoriasis is a disease of the immune system that targets areas of the skin, it is important to keep the immune system as strong as possible. Fatty saturated foods weaken the immune system and are linked to psoriasis outbreaks.
Tallgirll22T
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by Tallgirll22T »

I think there is something to what stellamandy said about the immune system. I have found taking vitamin C helps skin look a bit fresher. I have also heard that using a vitamin C scrub is beneficial for dry, dull skin as well as acne. I have a post similar to this where I asked if eating more fruits make you have better skin. Fruit contains vitamin C so there may be something to that.
However, I have read in many texbooks at school and pamphlets in the mail that foods such as french fries and chocolate making your skin bad is a myth. Skin conditions tend to be genetic and hormone triggered. Everyone is different. Drinking water can hydrate and internally cleanse your skin of radicals, and certain foods like chips and diet soda can cause fat cells to swell. But fatty foods making you have acne? It may be possible that it makes your skin oily, but oily skin doesn't necessarily cause acne. In fact, the more oily your skin, the less likely you are to have wrinkles. Many people with radiant skin have kinda oily skin. Like I said, everyone is different. It is much like dieting for weight loss. Often the skinniest, prettiest girls with the best skin are seen eating at McDonald's or cramming yeast donuts in their mouths. They just have the genetics and hormones for it. If I ate like the girls I work with, I would be at least 30 pounds heavier with stomach cramps, severe blood sugar episodes, and dull tired skin. But I'm not everyone. I consume a lot of fat and healthy oils in diet to keep digestion and weight healthy. If anything, when I decrease that sort of thing, skin is worse. I also find skin is worse if I decrease sugar too strictly or ramp it up suddenly. But sugar affects hormones, and your skin is affected by hormones.
Maybe you should try decreasing meat and dairy consumption, since that sort of food is full of hormones.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

However some people who look nice and eat in McDonalds, could be ectomorphic by design and be predisposed to not store fat too much, but also some may be eating there occasionally and not necessarily 3 or more times a week and not necessariily with the worst choices.

Big Mac and large fries plus coke, is a worst choice scenario, but a hamburger minus ketchup and pickles, with a bottled water, is in the sensible choice bracket.

It almost certainly is hormonal to a point, regarding whether the skin is affected negatively by fatty and / or sugary foods.

As for the Vitamin C, the only cautionary tale there is not to have too much, as it can cause diarrhoea.

There was research some time back into intravenous vitamin C as a cancer treatment, but I do not know how that has gone, as it was being trialled around 5-6 years ago from memory and I admit to not having bothered to do any follow up learning on it since.
Zhaga
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by Zhaga »

I can just agree with it Oily foods are bad for the skin. Fruits and vegetables gives you smooth and healthy skin.
sexyme1217
STARTING OUT

Post by sexyme1217 »

Absolutely true, so I suggest not to eat fatty foods for it not only causes bad cholesterol but also not good for the heart.
rohanjain
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by rohanjain »

Correct,too much oily food is the major reason of pimples.So, to solve the problem of pimples then you have to avoid fried.
annewjust78
STARTING OUT

Post by annewjust78 »

I think it’s true, I got some pimple when I used to eat fried foods. We also need to be careful of what we are taking; it will affect our skin and health. I decided to go on natural and avoided to eat junk foods also it skin dry and unhealthy. I chose fruits and veggies for snacks now and I don't have pimples anymore. Healthy living is the best way to have a beautiful skin.
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

Healthy fats are important to keep in your diet. Avocados, nuts, natty peanut butter (in small doses) coconut oil etc...
annewjust78
STARTING OUT

Post by annewjust78 »

You will also need a proper skin care products that will match your skin type. It is better to use natural or organic beauty products to avoid skin problems or irritation. Wash your face twice a day and don't sleep with makeup on. You can also use a natural facial cleansing wipes to remove your makeup if you are too lazy or tired to wash it before going to bed.