Benefits of olive oil for skin and hair

Discuss skin, hair and nails here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Benefits of olive oil for skin and hair

Post by musculArgirl2 »

I've been told that light olive oil mixed with brown sugar is good as an exfoliating scrub I tried it and skin does feel smooth. A much better deal than buying product!! 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup olive oil you can use it all over your body or save some for future use.

Also, olive oil mixed with vinegar is good for discolaration and acne if you leave it on overnight. 1/2 cup oil with 1/4 cup vinegar. Haven't tried this one.

Also it's suppose to be good for your hair but again i haven't tried any yet. But i'm going to. I'm hoping it will help with the hairloss i'm having.
lacespace
STARTING OUT

Re: Benefits of olive oil for skin and hair

Post by lacespace »

wow! I have never heard of this before. I am going to try this and I will post back about the acne one. I don't have significant acne but it could help the few I have and maybe even prevent future ones. Thanks for the good ideas.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

I've tried the olive oil in hair as a deep conditioner and i like it. it's a nice cheap way to deep condition hair. i have naturally curly frizzy dry hair though. i've never tried it with vinegar on the skin.
sames
STARTING OUT

Post by sames »

I heard that olive oil is good for skin and hair! It's also a good lip balm, but I have never tried it yet but I can imagine that it works! I prefer natural products over ovepriced beauty products... I bet many people feel the same. Because beauty products often have no action what so ever...
marrieann
STARTING OUT

Post by marrieann »

musculArgirl2 wrote:I've been told that light olive oil mixed with brown sugar is good as an exfoliating scrub I tried it and skin does feel smooth. A much better deal than buying product!! 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup olive oil you can use it all over your body or save some for future use.

Also, olive oil mixed with vinegar is good for discolaration and acne if you leave it on overnight. 1/2 cup oil with 1/4 cup vinegar. Haven't tried this one.

Also it's suppose to be good for your hair but again i haven't tried any yet. But i'm going to. I'm hoping it will help with the hairloss i'm having.
I know that olive oil is good for skin, but haven't tried to mixed it with brown sugar! I also prefer natural products for dry hair, yolk, garlic etc...
Zhaga
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by Zhaga »

In fact olive oil has been used as an ancient remedy for skin care during the Egyptian civilization and it is still widely used today. The general population will most likely use olive oil as a food condiment but in fact, it has far more use than just a dip with bread or on your plate of spaghetti.
rohanjain
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by rohanjain »

Olive oil is good for hair and skin.It has a lot of surprising uses.Olive oil helps to fight with damage skin.It can be used all over the body.It is also used for hair loss.