any hints on not getting tan in the summer

Discuss skin, hair and nails here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

musculArgirl2
VETERAN

any hints on not getting tan in the summer

Post by musculArgirl2 »

i wear sunscreen and usually wear a hat when i'm outside but this summer i have been swimming a lot outdoors and i have found that i'm getting tan especially in the face. :(

i look at people that do extreme sports that spend a decent amount of time outdoors like ultra marathons or ironmans and some of the girls that i've read blogs and seen pics of they are still quite normal looking not tan much at all. It bugs me. :( I try to usually stay away from the sun but even when i wear sunscreen i still tend to tan. :( any suggestions or hints?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: any hints on not getting tan in the summer

Post by Boss Man »

Slather on some gravy browning and fake it :wink:.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

so helpful boss. :) maybe they really reapply and just put tons on more than i do. that's only thing i can think it would be. i usually just put it on once and then don't reapply. maybe i will start wearing so much that it's not rubbed in on the face and walk around like that. :P
Tallgirll22T
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by Tallgirll22T »

I like boss man's reply. I think you should slather on some tanning lotion personally. If you get color naturally, then it is good and healthy looking. What's wrong with being tan? I guess if you're a goth or vampire you won't like it, but you can look healthy without getting burned and red, or looking like you are trying to be a different ethnicity.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Tallgirll22T wrote:What's wrong with being tan? I guess if you're a goth or vampire you won't like it, but you can look healthy without getting burned and red, or looking like you are trying to be a different ethnicity.
It causes wrinkles and skin cancer. usually i burn before tan which also isn't good. Even with all the sun screen lotion in the world i will still probably get a bit of color i just don't want too much. :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Sunbeds and sunshowers can increase the risk of skin cancer, by around 50-75% just from one use.

Skin cancer, oxydative stress and wrinkles, can be caused by exposure to UV as can irreversible sunspots, but if you use a good quality factor and SPF product, it should be fine and you can tan with little to no risk.

The people worst effected, are people who cannot produce a lot of melanin, as they are able to burn a lot more easily.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Boss Man wrote: Skin cancer, oxydative stress and wrinkles, can be caused by exposure to UV as can irreversible sunspots, but if you use a good quality factor and SPF product, it should be fine and you can tan with little to no risk.

The people worst effected, are people who cannot produce a lot of melanin, as they are able to burn a lot more easily.
Sunbeds and sunshowers can increase the risk of skin cancer, by around 50-75% just from one use.

Skin cancer, oxydative stress and wrinkles, can be caused by exposure to UV as can irreversible sunspots, but if you use a good quality factor and SPF product, it should be fine and you can tan with little to no risk.

i tan even when i use an spf product. i get color and burn sometimes too. I think it wears off maybe because i sweat too much. i have skin cancer in the family so i prefer not to get as much color as possible.

by the way this monday is skin cancer awareness day. if you go to the american academy of dermatology you can find a location that will give a free skin cancer screening.