How to get clear skin?

Discuss skin, hair and nails here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

stellamandy96
STARTING OUT

How to get clear skin?

Post by stellamandy96 »

I got abdominal surgery three months back. After that, I was suffering badly with the scars. Tried many creams and ointments but no result was found and also consulted a local dermatologist but not satisfied with the treatment, as the scars stood like and looking ugly on me. I need a solution for problem as soon as possible. Friends, Any solutions or suggestions available with any one of you to get rid of this? Any assistance is highly appreciated.
Tallgirll22T
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Re: How to get clear skin?

Post by Tallgirll22T »

You have to keep it moisturized. Mineral oils are beneficial, like baby oil. I also had surgery on stomach years ago and it left a few small, purple scars. They are completely gone now. I had best results when I combined a scar cream with Bio Oil. Vitamin E ointment (not oil) which is thick like a paste has been beneficial for me also. If the scars are fresh, you may want to try an antibiotic ointment like bacitracin, neosporin, or betadine.
I have also heard creams containing cocoa butter help scarring, but I don't have much experience with those products.
stellamandy96
STARTING OUT

Post by stellamandy96 »

Thanks for your suggestions Tallgirll22T. I came across a GEL for complete removal of Scars through one of friends. Are they worthy and safe to use for these scars? Please share your views when free on this.
Zhaga
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by Zhaga »

Boost collagen production. Look for compounds that contain:
Retinoic acid, or vitamin A. In some countries, such as the U.S., you might need to get a prescription for Retin-A because it can cause birth defects if you happen to get pregnant.
Glycolic acid, which is an alpha-hydroxy acid (or AHA). You might be able to find gentle AHA peels sold over-the-counter. Be sure to avoid sunlight if you use this method. Glycolic acid is safe for pregnancy.
Vitamin C, or absorbic acid. Several over-the-counter products contain absorbic acid as an active ingredient. Vitamin C is also safe for pregnancy.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Avoid sunlight? Does the stuff turn people into vampires? :P
rohanjain
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by rohanjain »

For clear the skin wash your face properly.Scratch acne only one time.Now, you can use cleanser.Apply moisturizer on your face.Apply best cosmetics.And remember to remove your make up............
eeemm
STARTING OUT

Post by eeemm »

Proper cleansing/ makeup removal. Nourish your skin adequately. And avoid processed and junk food (sugar, salt).

I also take birth control pill to keep skin clear.
tylerr
STARTING OUT

Post by tylerr »

-Drink a lot of water
-sleep
-sunscreen (I use one sister gave me, it's called La Roche Posay)
-tinted moisturiser
-if you don't mind woman stuff, foundation