Skincare

Discuss skin, hair and nails here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

rohanjain
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Skincare

Post by rohanjain »

face is too oily in summer.So, please give me some best tips...
Alinshop
REGULAR

Re: Skincare

Post by Alinshop »

Mine is too, even when I stay away from junk food. I think nationality is a main factor, and I like to carry oil blotting tissues (made for oily skin) around with me. Seems to work well and leaves face oil free for couple of hrs. You should also wash your face or rub down with an astrigenant a couple times a day.

Here is a tip I read about on line- Cornstarch. Cornstarch dries up oily patches. Mix 1 to 3 tablespoons cornstarch with enough warm water to make a paste. Rub on your face, let dry, and then shower or rinse off with lukewarm water in the sink. Try this once a day for best results
ketchuplover
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by ketchuplover »

Too bad oil from skin can't be used elsewhere
KK4L
STARTING OUT

Post by KK4L »

skin used to be as well.

I increased leafy green vegetables and started showering only once a day.

I would put ginger in juicer or shakes with apple cider vinegar
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Cleanse, exfoliate, hydrating moisturizer and sun block!!!

1)Always cleanse your face with a good face wash. No not use bars soap it’s not good.
2) Don’t need to exfoliate every day but 2-3 times a day helps removing dead skin cells and prevent break outs!
3) Moisturizer – Get something that will hydrate the skins! It will help with face oil.
4) Always put sun block!!!! ALL Year round… there are some sun blocks that are light on the face and make sure to have zinc!

*toners are good too but find one without alcohol and astringent… for oil and sensitive skins… it can cause breakouts.
annewjust78
STARTING OUT

Post by annewjust78 »

Wash your face twice a day to remove dirt and oil buildup. Washing more frequently could stimulate extra oil production. Gently scrub your face once a week with and use blotting sheets when wiping your face. Don't use any harsh soap it may damage your skin. Hydrate and moisturize your skin every day, drink at least 8 glasses of water every day and eat green leafy vegetables.