Acne when working out or sweating.

Discuss skin, hair and nails here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Acne when working out or sweating.

Post by Boss Man »

Threads never die, except when they have no initial point or reasoning and get zapped.

Old threads just take a backseat, so like old music, art and literature, even when they're not current, they can be discovered by future generations and hopefully still teach people something :wink:.
anne_lee
STARTING OUT

Post by anne_lee »

Acne goes out at the age of 16 or so... but then, If this is your case.
Have vitamin E, detoxic vitamins will do and as well drink a lot of water

I do have a severe acne last year and so I had to go to dermatologist for more advice and tips.

right now, its no longer severe and I am more contented of the outcome
lizagill
STARTING OUT

Post by lizagill »

Acne scars and acne pores are the marks of acne even after the acne is cured. Severe acne causes cysts beneath the skin, which may lead to scarring. These acne cysts are more likely to leave permanent scars than other types of acne. These scars are often prominently visible on the face and therefore women get concerned.
larrzz0jh
STARTING OUT

proactiv reviews

Post by larrzz0jh »

Outstanding article, all of this is quite similar to a site that I publish. Please check it out sometime and feel free to leave me a comenet on it and tell me what you think. I'm always looking for feedback.

proactiv reviews
aleshaelliott
STARTING OUT

Post by aleshaelliott »

I know they say diet doesn't affect acne, but most people who have tried and tested this theiry will tell you it certainly does! How is your digestion? A lot of people have food intolerances, as I do. I discovered what digests well and what doesn't through elimination processes. It's tough to do. I started on the SCD diet and went from there. I've always had some acne, sometimes better, sometimes worse. Birth control helped but didn't cure, Proactive helped and then it worsened later, Benzoyl Peroxide I still use as a spot treatmeant
( has always helped ) but diet has seemed to help the most. I cut out as much gluten in diet as possible. For some people the culprit could be dairy, or even sugar. Anyways, skin is realllllly looking healthier and "glowing" now that I've changed diet. Try it!! I also use Ivory soap now, instead of Dove, and only on entire body and face after a workout, plus Cetephil moisturizer after. The rest of the time I just use it on certain parts, but I try to work out most days. I'm also 31 now so hormones have likely settled down. Goodluck to everyone, I know how much acne sucks. best advice is to stop using anything that is making it worse. I went for a little while without even washing face just to get it to settle down. It did help. And yes, I went to bed with make up on then too. But I had to let it heal from trying to wash it with acne washes all the time that just made pimples bigger, redder and harder to cover up. So try that too...just use water in the shower for a bit.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Ivory soap isn't what I think it is is it? I've just never heard of it before, but rather than believe the obvious thought is not true, when it might be, I was just curious.
jacal1
STARTING OUT

Post by jacal1 »

People have used hormone therapy to reduce acne problems related to hormones, and bioidentical hormone replacement is popular among athletes since the hormones are compounded specifically for ou, meaning that it can be a mix of hormones that can both reduce the breakouts and improve the effects of the workout. Mostly known for their use for women, bioidenticals are also used by men.

Independent info about Bioidentical Hormones