DRY SKIN - Specifically FACE, not Body

Discuss skin, hair and nails here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

vamp
VETERAN

Re: DRY SKIN - Specifically FACE, not Body

Post by vamp »

Vaseline is a petro product and will stop oxygen and fluid transfer at the skin when applied. It will trap dirt and hold sweat against the skin and could promote acne flare ups and other skin issues. It may have some benefits but beware of its downfalls as well. Especially if you are one who has oily skin.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

I have just started using vaseline on face a bit. I don't use it every day. I use to have really dry skin on legs when i was a kid and vaseline really did help. But yes i can see it being bad if it traps dirt into your pores. I'm not going to use it every day just here and there when skin feels really dry and definitely after i clean face. :) Very good point though Vamp. :)
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

Can't imagine putting Vaseline on face, but I guess it just depends on everyone's skin type. Might as well use butter IMO!! :o
rohanjain
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by rohanjain »

The problem of dry skin arises in winter season.It looks very bad.So, we have to find the solution right now.........
Hot water is best for it because hot water can rob the skin and keep it moisturize again. Avoid too much shower in these days.use cleanser.