Please help with case study

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

id_mew
STARTING OUT

Please help with case study

Post by id_mew »

Hi everyone, I have a practical interview coming up and I would really appreciated if you can help me out.
it's third interview and I really don't want to mess this up.

I have to design a 60 minute workout for this client that includes:

-Frequency – how many times per week will they require to train?
-Lifestyle changes – what will they need to change?
-Nutrition – How will they need to change their eating habits?
-Cardio vascular activity

Here's the case study:

Monica is a 41 year old high school teacher. She recently joined a volleyball league and wants to work on her tough spike. She is very competitive and enjoys team sports. She is getting married in 8 months, is 9 months post-partum. She is very motivated to tone her arms and butt. Although she has been doing light circuit training for the last year she has not gotten results from her effort. She struggles to stay consistent with her workout. Her eating habits are also inconsistent as she diets all week and binge eats on the weekend. She is 5’4 has 28% body fat and weighs 145 pounds. Her goal is to lose 25 lbs and drop 8% body fat.

Correct me if I'm wrong, She wants to improve her spike so I would say a strength training program should be implemented.
military press to improve her shoulders and core, some squats and deads to improve her butt, and bicep/triceps supersets to tone her arms.
Since she's already an athlete and does circuit training , I would say frequency should be 4 to 5 times a week.
As for Nutrition, I thought it's not within a personal trainer scope to provide advice?

So what do you guys think? what program would you have and what kind of exercises?
Thanks a ton.