Here is new client

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

stevecanada
STARTING OUT

Here is new client

Post by stevecanada »

anyone got good ideas for designing a program for him? here is his case

Tim is a 54 years old guy, he works as a constructrion worker. has never exercised regularly due to the physical nature of his job.His doctor recently suggested he start an exercise program due to the weight he has gained.
He is not very excited about the exercise program but does realize he needs to do this for his long term health. He has stated that his back bothers him occasionally but a doctor’s note has cleared him for an exercise program with no major limitations. His main goals are weight loss, decreased waist line and improved overall health.

Design the program with three components (Cardio, Resistance training and flexibility stretch) and specify them using the FITT (Frequency, Intensity, Time and Type) method.

Thanks a lot.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Here is new client

Post by Boss Man »

If he is your client, why can't you design it for him?
vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

Bossman, sometimes I wish I had a "Like" button for your comments.
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

Boss Man wrote:If he is your client, why can't you design it for him?
You took the words right out of mouth! :lol:
phiallis
STARTING OUT

Post by phiallis »

To me, this sounds like the typical assignment they ask you to do for a PT course...
If he really is your client, there's a bunch of information you should be gathering before you attempt to design a program: his posture, his flexibility and strength level, his metrics, his level of cardiovascular fitness, when and where he can work out, his current diet... etc.
Your post sounds like you just want someone to do your homework for you!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

If the person is asking us to help them design a "clients" workout, then sincerely no offence to the poster, but it sounds like they are training someone without the requisite know how.

Oh and Vamp, I'll talk to the other admin at once and see if when the programmers have a free moment they can install a like button mod for the forum :wink:

On second thoughts, I won't bother as it probably isn't possible and modesty prevents me from endorsing self gratifying forum options, that inadvertently give me tin god status I don't really want :P.
vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

Well then... Maybe I should just say " Koodos to the Tin God" every time I want to hit a like button

;)