How to get a nicer butt? (female)

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

starlightintuition
STARTING OUT

How to get a nicer butt? (female)

Post by starlightintuition »

I'm not someone who is "in shape" or has very little body fat. I run once in awhile and will do short nightly exercises in room. I've always been chubby and I'm basically a beginner when it comes to working out in general. That being said, I feel that I have relatively large muscles in legs and butt, but I've noticed that I have these dents in the sides which gives it a square shape. I understand that this is just where the how the fat has distributed in the area and that the only way I could "" that would be to gain weight, but that's not something I want to do as I am currently overweight now and had weighed 30 pounds heavier and these butt dents were still not filled out at that point.
The only time I've seen butt dents look "good" - or how I would want mine to look - was on those who are extremely fit and very muscular as they have built up a lot of muscle in their glutes. However, I'm really not looking to change body that way, I don't want to be really muscular, but still want butt to be more toned and not have so much focus on the dents. Is there any way to do this? To still have a nice looking butt with dents, yet not be an olympian or an extremely fit person? I'm still on the road to losing weight as well. I've tried the 30 day squat challenge and it did absolutely nothing. I've heard weighted squats are better, but I'm skeptical considering doing 100-200 squats a day didn't change anything and it was first time doing an exercise like that (I was doing them correctly as well).
I basically just want to lose fat, gain some muscle and look toned, but I don't need the super defined lines or six pack, etc.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: How to get a nicer butt? (female)

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Starlight, good to talk to you.

Weighted squats will work better for you than a truck load of body weighted ones for sure, even just doing 2-3 sets of 8-10 reps.

You should consider obviously training your whole body, not just focusing on one or two aspects of it of course, but it's not unreasonable to want what you're trying to get.

I'm assuming by one or two things you said, that you have access to a gym, so you should be fine training there, unless you want a basic routine to follow, which I can do.

If you want any suggestions regarding diet, let me know what times you eat at and what foods you eat at those times and we'll take it from there, but if you feel you're okay with that, then fair enough :).
jocko2112
STARTING OUT

Post by jocko2112 »

Weighted squats and wall squats will help you immensely
oatsandsquats
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by oatsandsquats »

I agree with Boss Man.

Weighted squats work wonders especially to females who are looking to have nicer butts. I, myself, am one. I have an okay butt, but somewhat I wanted it to look bigger and rounder, so I did almost all sorts of squats - there's a wide variety that you can choose from. Additionally, I used to have too much flab on inner thighs and weighted squats helped a lot in tightening that part of body. Hope answer helps!
AnthonyDee
STARTING OUT

Post by AnthonyDee »

The primary function of the glutes is hip extension. With this in mind, as well as experience with clients, I like to recommend:
1. Rear lunges
2. RDLs
3. Hip thrusts
4. Squats
5. Any other exercise that involves hip extension through full ROM and can be safely loaded.

Most importantly, use heavy enough loads, train with enough volume and aim for progressive overload. Also, make sure to eat enough protein and calories to help with training adaptations.
jgerard
STARTING OUT

Post by jgerard »

I've done a few different beachbody programs with friends and even mom and they have all helped shape butt! Better than I can do on own in the gym every day, so I always say it's worth giving it a shot! They have a ton of online workouts you can try- https://www.beachbody.com/product/fitne ... -videos.do I also notice butt gets more lifted every time I do pilates (the ones at a gym with the machine) It's expensive so I don't usually stick with it but when I do for some time it definitely shows.
RichardSmith
STARTING OUT

Post by RichardSmith »

weighted squats are one of the best for females