Gaining weight from routine

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Laurenlk
STARTING OUT

Gaining weight from routine

Post by Laurenlk »

Good Morning

I am hoping for friendly and helpful responses.

I started workout routine at the beginning of this year, so about 8 months now. 3-4 days of cardio and 4-5 strength training days a week. I started off around 111-113 and I'm now at 118-120. Petite 5'3

I have been tracking meals and have not increased calories. I also cut out alcohol awhile back.

Any feedback is appreciated.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Gaining weight from routine

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Lauren, good to talk to you.

What sort of results are you trying to achieve?

What times do you eat at and what foods do you eat at those times?
Laurenlk
STARTING OUT

Post by Laurenlk »

Boss Man wrote:Hi Lauren, good to talk to you.

Hi, nice to meet you as well. I'm looking to tone. Not sure I necessarily want to lose any weight or need to.

I'll start by saying I don't claim to know much about nutrition. I'm bad about eating more during the day. I usually start with a piece of whole wheat bread with peanut butter for breakfast. Fruit smoothie for lunch and dinner (on most nights) is grilled chicken or ground turkey and veggies.

Thanks again for your help!!
Laurenlk
STARTING OUT

Post by Laurenlk »

Boss Man wrote:Hi Lauren, good to talk to you.

Hi, nice to meet you as well. I'm looking to tone. Not sure I necessarily want to lose any weight or need to.

I'll start by saying I don't claim to know much about nutrition. I'm bad about eating more at night. I usually start with a piece of whole wheat bread with peanut butter for breakfast. Fruit smoothie for lunch and dinner (on most nights) is grilled chicken or ground turkey and veggies.

Thanks again for your help!!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I would increase what you're eating for breakfast by adding things in like eggs, low fat cheese and also chicken, beef, turkey, ham and pork from a packet.

Here are some snack options for you to consider in the mid morning, mid afternoon and mid evening like microwave soups, baked beans and rice dishes, oat granola's, ham, turkey, beef, pork and chicken from a packet, low fat cheese, low sugar yoghurt, flax seeds, nuts, peanuts, fruits including tomatoes and cucumber, vegetables including pineapple, raw carrot and celery sticks, pre-boiled eggs, pre-cooked chicken breast and low fat yoghurt, nuts and peanuts, bread, sandwiches.
Laurenlk
STARTING OUT

Post by Laurenlk »

Thank you for the amazing feedback. I truly appreciate your help!