Pre-Workout/Post-Workout Recovery

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

ERok
STARTING OUT

Pre-Workout/Post-Workout Recovery

Post by ERok »

Hello,

I've been searching for information on the use of essentials oils for Pre-workout/Post-workout recovery. Any advice if essential oils would be beneficial or worthwhile? From what I've been reading essential oils are pretty powerful and I'd rather take a natural approach.

Thanks for any input!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Pre-Workout/Post-Workout Recovery

Post by Boss Man »

Hi ERok, good to talk to you.

W£hat made you think that essential oils would be worth reading up about, or doing research on?
ERok
STARTING OUT

Post by ERok »

Thanks Boss Man for replying. I was introduced to Essential Oils by a friend who uses them when her children are sick. I then started researching and found a great deal of information on how they are a natural remedy and that they've been used for therapeutic purposes for thousands of years. It got me thinking that I can use them pre/post workout as I'm certainly sore after a tough workout lol. I wanted to see if anyone had any personal experiences like me before I invest fully.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

When you say sore, do you mean DOMS, Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness, where some or all of the muscles you trained feel a bit sore the next day, because if you are then some stretching after a workout and / or a little bit of mild cardio on a machine, like an exercise bike for example, for 5 minutes, might help to relieve it.
ERok
STARTING OUT

Post by ERok »

Thanks for the advice. I do sit at a desk all day, which I know doesn't help. I'll try the few minutes on a bike to get me moving.
peterdodd17
STARTING OUT

Post by peterdodd17 »

After reading all the comments, here I am with 3 essential oils for your pre-workout and post-workout recovery
• Lemongrass essential oil
Lemongrass helps you have an extra effective workout. The key factor in this is citral which is a compound known for supporting the production of heat in your body. This is ideally to be found in larger content in lemongrass oil.
• Peppermint
Having a single drop or a sniff of peppermint is proven to show long term effects for making an individual exercise ready. If you find it difficult getting out of bed for an early morning workout session then just sniff this essential oil for a boost in energy.
• Eucalyptus
The scent of eucalyptus is said to be more than just soothing. It usually helps supporting a person’s mood and energy which for the matter of fact makes it a great addition to the workout preparation.