Need help with limited working space

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Hoop
STARTING OUT

Need help with limited working space

Post by Hoop »

Hello, this is first time here and I just lost about 12 kg in about 1.5 months just by improving diet no cardio or any kind of workout(was lazy as hell playing video games), so I went a head and decided to start working out now

but I have a small problem, I have a very limited working space, which I'll only be able to fit in a Smith machine + bench, a few free weights where i can replace weights as I please(I do not yet know all of lingo for the different tools and such so correct me if you can :) ) and a rowing machine, I also got a pull up bar but i don't know how much time he will hold

but the thing is I don't know yet which workout should I do and if I can do enough of them for a full body workout with only the devices I've got

the landlord has also been very specific about not dropping any weights on the floor and breaking it, so if you know anything about which kind of mats I can use to put on the floor before I pull these machines in, it will be very helpful

it was really hard getting even that small space but this is all I have, is it even possible?

Thanks in advance
Mike
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Need help with limited working space

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Mike, good to speak to you.

This system might work for you.

Squats, 2 sets, 10 reps

Lunges, 2 sets, 10 reps

Deadlifts, 2 sets, 10 reps

Bench Press, 2 sets, 10 reps

Bent over Rows, 2 sets, 10 reps

Shrugs, 2 sets, 10 reps

Planks 30 seconds.

You would do that 3x a week every other day.

As for the matting, just get some decent rubber interlocking stuff that looks a bit like jigsaw pieces and you should be fine.

Many people drop weights, but it's completely unnecessary, as one the final set of any bar or dumbbell exercise where you raise the weight off the ground or push it above your head or chest, the final rep, which shouldn't need to be a failure rep, works with gravity on the downward motion, so dropping stuff is not only dangerous, damaging to the surface below, but also completely unnecessary due to fact that you're not opposing gravity so it's easy to lower or place weight down, even when you feel a bit wasted, so some decent interlocking matting couple with no dropping of the weights, should be adequate.

If you're thinking of using a rowing machine, then this is the way the whole weeks training could look.

Day 1. Cardio

Day 2. Weights

Day 3. Cardio

Day 4. Day off

Day 5. Weights

Day 6. Cardio

Day 7. Day off

Hopefully that all helps.
RichardSmith
STARTING OUT

Post by RichardSmith »

I followed the advice on here and it's worked great, I see progress at last
RjMaan
STARTING OUT

Post by RjMaan »

But still you have performed well even with your limited space. Best of luck for your future plan.
latincoffee
STARTING OUT

Post by latincoffee »

Boss Man wrote:Hi Mike, good to speak to you.

This system might work for you.

Squats, 2 sets, 10 reps

Lunges, 2 sets, 10 reps

Deadlifts, 2 sets, 10 reps

Bench Press, 2 sets, 10 reps

Bent over Rows, 2 sets, 10 reps

Shrugs, 2 sets, 10 reps

Planks 30 seconds.

You would do that 3x a week every other day.

As for the matting, just get some decent rubber interlocking stuff that looks a bit like jigsaw pieces and you should be fine.

Many people drop weights, but it's completely unnecessary, as one the final set of any bar or dumbbell exercise where you raise the weight off the ground or push it above your head or chest, the final rep, which shouldn't need to be a failure rep, works with gravity on the downward motion, so dropping stuff is not only dangerous, damaging to the surface below, but also completely unnecessary due to fact that you're not opposing gravity so it's easy to lower or place weight down, even when you feel a bit wasted, so some decent interlocking matting couple with no dropping of the weights, should be adequate.

If you're thinking of using a rowing machine, then this is the way the whole weeks training could look.

Day 1. Cardio

Day 2. Weights

Day 3. Cardio

Day 4. Day off

Day 5. Weights

Day 6. Cardio

Day 7. Day off

Hopefully that all helps.
Awesome workout!!! I may try it!!! :)