Need to increase leg strength and overall endurance

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

TomRL
STARTING OUT

Need to increase leg strength and overall endurance

Post by TomRL »

In about three weeks time I'm doing fifteen hours work in a super busy pub on the busiest day/night of the year. Can any strength and endurance progress be made in that short time? I've switched from a high carb to a keto diet. I have a bike and was thinking of doing some HIIT. I have some weights that I can squat with. Is this going to make a difference? Any other advice?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Need to increase leg strength and overall endurance

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Tom good to talk to you.

I would go moderate carb not keto. Keto is alright for people looking to do stage based strength events, but for most people and on a long term basis it has many detractors.

You could easily moderate your cabs to between 20% and 30% of daily intake, so even if you capped your caloric intake at 2,500 calories a day as a maximum, your carbs would only be between 500 and 750 calories per day.

your strength and endurance won't go up much in 3 weeks to be honest, but some mild progress could be made, but you'd need to persist with the system in the long term.

What weights do you have in terms of the weight of them, is it free weight dumbbells or an adjustable set and do you have a weight bench or would you be willing to purchase one.