Similar videos: 20 minutes with small dumbells

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

mde
STARTING OUT

Similar videos: 20 minutes with small dumbells

Post by mde »

Hi,

For many years I was doing twenty minute videos from the fitnesinstruktor.com site. I liked them but I am a forty something guy looking to build some muscle, especially on the upper part of body, so I wanted something more. I found this video with dumbbells by Adam Rosante that I have really enjoyed doing over the last months:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYtv2IbvpuA

I am looking for other similar videos but he doesn't seem to offer any. Twenty to thirty minutes that I can do with 7.5kg or 10kg weights at home. Any suggestions?
mde
STARTING OUT

Re: Similar videos: 20 minutes with small dumbells

Post by mde »

Nobody?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Similar videos: 20 minutes with small dumbells

Post by Boss Man »

I wasn't a position to help you regarding the videos as I am not that familiar with different online training videos and the people who post them, but this is a workout I have posted before for other people that might help you.

As for the training, this should work for you

Squats, 2 sets, 10 reps

Lunges, 2 sets, 10 reps

Deadlifts, 2 sets, 10 reps

Arnold press, 2 sets, 10 reps

Bent over Rows, 2 sets, 10 reps

Shrugs, 2 sets, 10 reps

Planks 30 seconds.

You would do that 3x a week every other day.

Use the 7.5kg weights on it for 4 weeks to let the body adjust to it, then go 10kg on all the big movements and keep the 7.5kg for Shrugs.

You could increase planks by 5 seconds from week two until you're eventually hitting 90 seconds on it.

Hopefully that helps.