another workout journal :)

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

musculArgirl2
VETERAN

another workout journal :)

Post by musculArgirl2 »

I had success with going off caffeine journal, so i thought i would try and have both a workout journal and a nutrition journal. This i'm just going to make weekly goals of how many calories i want to burn each week and divide it up by 5 or 6 days and hopefully i will achieve them!

Going to start small this week. So weekly goal starting today - saturday is to 3000 calories burned.

3000/6 = 500 calories burned for each 6 days. It seems easy enough really. See what happens. :?

Today i walked 2.6 miles at the park. 340 calories burned.

plan on walking on the treadmill later. will edit post this evening. :)

EDIT: walked on treadmill workout 4 level 1 for 20 minutes 133 calories burned. Total calories for today 473. That's all for today. Tomorrow there should be more tha that hopefully unless i have to work later than planned. :) So 2527 calories left for the week!
Last edited by musculArgirl2 on Sun May 27, 2012 4:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

2357 left

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Went swimming this morning. Felt realy good especially because feet are feeling just a bit tender from walk yesterday. I think it may be plantar still. I'm going to go to a doctor just to find out for sure. And i'm definitely going to start stretching and iceing again. It wasn't painful or really that noticeable but there is definitely something. Doesn' t hurt to have it checked out.

The pool i go to i still can't get over how the swimmers are more normal. At old gym i felt like i was the only one that couldn't swim laps that well. Now this gym eveyone swims very basic. I haven't met a competitive swimmer really yet. they had a masters swim group at old gym so maybe that is why there were more hardcore swimmers there than at new gym. That and they also had a lot of swimming available to children. This pool is just laps which is kind of nice as well.

i swam for about 45 minuts but not the entire time. It wasn't super hard core. HR monitor wouldn't work in the water which was a bummer. So i'm going to guess for the swimming and say 170 burned.

330 left to burn later today. Might try weights and the bike tomorrow morning!
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Re: calories burned weekly goal!

Post by musculArgirl2 »

For the past couple months now, i've been feeling like calf move, like it's about to have a cramp but it has never done it so far. i get it when exercising but also when i'm just walking around. I'm going to try stretching more, drinking more water, eating bananas. Hopefully that will help. Otherwise if that doesn't help i hate to have to go to a doctor for it. :?
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

I'm so tired from getting up so early. I have an appointment later today and i think i might crash tonight and call it a day for exercise. I know that will set me back though. I'll see how i feel once appointment is done.

calf is really bugging me. All day going upstairs or just walking here and there it's felt like it could go into a charlie horse but it doesn't. I feel another doctor appointment coming. Boss do you have any thinking as to why i keep getting calf cramps?? Or anybody?

Do yhou think it could be because i walk on incline on treadmill?? Luckily so far it doesn't actually go into a charlie horse and cause a cramp. That would be painful!
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

i scheduled an appointment with doctor about the plantar and about the calf cramping tomorrow. I'm not going to exercise till then. I do have swimming lessons tomorrow night and I"m still planning on going to them at least. :)

I haven't been overweight that long but i can tell body doesn't handle it well because in the 4 years that i've really gained weight and become this overweight I"ve really started to increase with health problems. It sucks! another reason why i need to lose some weight.

Maybe i have a calf strain?? Dunno. this has been going on for a while. But i've been ignoring it. But i've never had this before ever. And i know somethign isin't right.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

As I eluded to recently cramps can e Salt rlated and Karrie also said it's water related.

Plantar Fasciitis is related ot weight problem, a tight achillies or possibly too much exercise. As it runs between the heel and ball of the foot, if that's where you're feeling it, it could be that, because the other possibility would be some kind of foot tendonitis or hairline fracutre of a foot bone. I.E. Cuboid, Cuneiform, Navicular etc.

However I think Plantar is the most likely, but don't completely rule the other two out. A Doctor should confirm your problem for you.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

too much salt boss or not enough? I don't remember where you posted that information. :oops: I"m not a big salt person.

The thing is i've been in the militar went through basic training, i've ran a couple marathons, never once did i ever have a cramp. Why now!! I'm drinking water so i don't think it's related to that. i don't stretch much. I really like doctor so i will see what she says tomorrow!
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

from a google search it looks like low salt and low potassium can cause it. I don't eat much sodium. What should i eat to increase salt intake. I never put salt on anything. i can buy salted peanuts. I LOVE Those. Any other suggestions?

I think potassium might be low too but i do take a multivitamin so i'm not sure on that one.

I'm going to buy some gatorade and see if that helps.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Went to the doctor she did some blood work for the calf. She said to keep exercising but not too strenously. She mentioned a few things it could be besides electrolytes which scared me so hopefully the blood work will show me being low in something and it's nothing more serious.

She thinks i might be at the beginning stage of plantar but that i should just continue to stretch and ice and just be careful basically what i have been doing and also to go to local running store and they can analyze gait and get insoles and suggest shoes that i might like. Although i really like the shoes i have now. So i might do that.

I'm getting to be a broken record complaining about health problems!! Swimming lessons tonight and i'm definitely going. luck i will have a charlie horse during lesson! wouldn't that be fun. :)
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

got back from lesson. instructor made me feel really good. She told me how good i was! We haven't actually done the entire stroke though. So she hasn't technically seen poor form on storke. We just practiced bits and pieces. but she said we would work on technique which is music to ears!!

calf muscles are still having issues. just twice this evening. once in the pool but luckily it didn't go into a charlie horse. I ate a banana and drank some gatorade too. :(

I really hope this gets figured out. :cry: :cry:
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

weekly goals for week of may 14

Post by musculArgirl2 »

another lesson tonight,. She's been teaching me other things but i can tell swimming lessons are going to go quick. So i think i'm going to tell her i just want to focus on practicing the freestyle even if it means i swim back and forth all of the swim lesson and she just corrects me each lap.

Going to start the exercise back up tomorrow. Still a little concerned about the calves. :( goal for the rest of this week thorugh saturday is 880 calories burned. I'm just going to walk on the treadmill at an incline 30 to 40 minutes each day. that's the goal. i"m going to even if calves are acting up. :( I don't know what to do about it though. As long as they aren't having charlie horses i'm just going to keep going at it. i will stretch too! and drink water and see what happens! If it continues though i will contact doctor and see if she can give me a referral or tell me what type of doctor i need to go to. Maybe a physical therapist or a orthopedic doctor???? I really have no clue who could help me or what the issue is.

I want to start p90x again too. The weight days only. But i think i will start that next monday. :)
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

swimming lesson went great! We worked on front crawl the whole time. And i felt at the end like i really was improving and getting better. I think i've been being too hard on myself. Without saying anything directly to me, i found myself by talking to her, relaxing on what i'm doing and deciding maybe i'm being to hard on myself and taking it a bit too seriously. :D

Bad news when i got home calf made a movement. Nothing major but i think the swimming irritates it more than anythign else that i do. i'm not counting swimming calories burned towards total calories burned during the week. just biking and walking on incline and maybe next week weights when i do p90x.

Hey question on p90x. Do you think it would be okay to do the assisted pull up machine in place of pullups at home for p90x? I wouldn't be doing them at the same time as the video obviously because i would have to go to the gym, but i could do as many as they require just at a different time than the video? Pullups at home doesn't really work and since i have gym membership i thought i would use the assisted pullup bar.

Another question can you do chin ups on the assisted pullup bar?

Thanks if anyone responds. :)
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

went swimming after work i didn't go long. ears get a mild pain when swimming again. I tell you i've never had so many phyiscal problems when trying to exercise in life!!! I didn't wear a swim cap though so i'm gong to try to swim with a swim cap and see if that helps covering ears. And if that doesn't work i will try ear drops, and if that doesn't work i will try ear plugs. :D HOpefully something will work!! i have no pain when out of the water just a mild pain while swimming. :roll: :roll:

Good news is calves feel pretty good. and diet is going good today. Going to walk at the park now 2.6 miles with dog. :)
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Calories burned for may 16th

Post by musculArgirl2 »

weekly goal through saturday 888

todays calories burned. 328

I decided to count a little bit of swimming. I just counted 25 calories for swimming.
walk at the park 1.3 miles around with a few steep hills. 170 calories
walk on incline workout 4 easiest workout of program (i still sweat though) but i'm trying to start slow with plantar issues and now calves. so annoying. :roll: 133 calories burned.

left to burn for this week now 560. i have felt calves a little bit today but nothing too bad. This is good. :D
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Chins on an Assisted Pull Up Bar should be okay.