Project Shehulkish

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Re: Project Shehulkish

Post by musculArgirl2 »

I agree good luck. :) one month will go quickly by!
Athene
REGULAR

Day 1/30: September 10, 2012

Post by Athene »

Thanks guys!! Posting a goal here makes me much more likely to do it, so it's helping in a lot of areas of life. Hope everyone is well and having a good Monday.

Training
Rest Day 1/2

Nutrition
9:00 AM - 4 eggs, 3 pieces side bacon, 2 cups coffee with milk, 1 fish oil pill
12:00 PM - 1 whey shake, 1 apple, 3 tbsp almond butter, 1 fish oil pill

Thesis work
In progress, email needs to go out tonight... may not. May have to be tomorrow. Damn!
Last edited by Athene on Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
richs
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by richs »

Good luck on your goal. I check your journal everytime it is updated and could always use the motivation myself. Remember that this journal is not only for you but others to draw inspriation from. 20 years from now you will be able to look back on it and be proud of everything you accomplished if you stick to it. Not to mention the thousands of others that have and will continue to read it throughout the years. You can do this!!!
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

Thank you so much, Rich, that means a lot to me.

I sometimes forget that people read this and it makes me feel mixed emotions lol I need it though, so thank you. If no one read this I would likely just give up. It's not that you do it for others, right? It's just that it helps to know you've made a goal out loud, so if you fail, you have to say that out loud too, and it's harder to do that than to just quietly decide to stop trying in your own head.
richs
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by richs »

Absolutely! I am losing weight for myself 100% but a big part of journal is to try to show others it is possible. Let them see that setbacks are only that and not a complete failure. That is the problem; when people fall they quit instead of getting back up and trying again. Seeing someone push through their setbacks is the most motivational part to me.

Life happens and we can never be expected to be 100% perfect in our routine. As long as we stay on course it really does not matter how long it takes to get there. Rush it too much and you will not enjoy the journey. Good luck, I (we) are rooting for you whatever your goal!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

The thing to remember is whatever you write might inspire someone to be like you or at least follow some of your example.

Only because early pioneers of change or progress thousands of years ago, communicate it in some way, or teach it, or do whatever is necessary to bring adequate understanding and education to it, can future generations or peers, be able to make certain things work for them, or expand on concepts and ideas, that shape the lives of those in the present and future.

You can help people to shape their own future by letting people know something about your personality and character and your own achievements and struggles, because you have a story worth telling and your journey will be an education to those who are willing to learn.

You are going to do some pretty awesome things in the fullness of time and you have a right to be very proud of what you want to do and how you're doing :).
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

Okay, derailed due to a meeting with advisor. Updates later, gotta focus more long-term. Ugh :evil: :evil: :evil:
Athene
REGULAR

Frozen

Post by Athene »

This past week I both quit job and realized that thesis needs much work than I initially thought.

I've been evaluating priorities, and nutrition and training have to be well organized and just part of routine, so that I can think about other things and dedicate more energy to school and finding a new job. For nutrition and training I have specific goals, so I have to journal or I won't succeed, but I need to be more disciplined about everything, not just this.

The 4 week goal is over, almost as soon as it began! I need something longterm that ties in with other goals. I'm thinking about what that will be.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Why bin the job? What made it that bad that you felt the need to quit?
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

I can't pay bills :P I was kind of in denial about it because I like aspects of the job a lot, but I maxed out a credit card and am spending nest egg that I was saving for a house... it's just not sustainable longterm. The job market is still okay here, too, it's not like in the US or the UK.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Good luck with the job hunting! :) why not keep the job till you find seomthing else? unless you already have found something else. :wink:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

That sounds more sensible. Keep the job and then look for something else, so at least you're still gettign some money, because if your Governement allows state handouts like they do here, people in Birtain couldn't get them for quitting until a certain period has elapsed, you'd only get them if you leave full tiem education after studying or if your company made compulsary redundancies or folded.

People don't like giving money to unemployed people who got sacked or walked out of contracted employment, because it's seen as the individuals doing, not unvaoidable factors playing a part.

There could be mitigating circumstances, like if you fell seriously ill and had to quit, because you couldn't work.

Possibly another mitigating circumstance might be, commuting to work all or part of the time and it being too difficult due to the distance, or a strain on domestic life, or you had some kind of car accident and wrote a car off, or a car pack up on you and you couldn't afford a replacement and the job required it, I.E. sales rep, or starting or finishing work, at hours that public transport doesn't run to a particular area, I.E. 6AM or 12AM and you need a car you now no longer have or can replace.

Your government may take the same approach, I.E. work until something better comes up, otherwise don't quity, look for something else, then expect handouts. It then being a case of your choice not our problem initially.

Perhaps you could have kept working and sought other work. Would that have been fesible?
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

I just let employer know I needed to start looking for something else, and she was very understanding. I have the job until they replace me, or I find something else.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

That's okay then. It just sounded like you walked into an unemployment situation, but it's good to know you still have the position until you find a more suitable alternative.
richs
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by richs »

Good luck with the job hunt. I know that can be scary and exciting. Sounds like you are doing the right thing. Sometimes we fall in love with a job that just does not have the future we are looking for and it takes some fortitude to walk away to find something else. Keep your head up and best of luck to you!