New member. Here is current work out!

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Seth_t
STARTING OUT

New member. Here is current work out!

Post by Seth_t »

Hi. I am wanting to lose about thirty pounds and get some muscle tone, so I decided to change diet and start exercising more. So here is diet :
Breakfast (around 6:30-8:00): 2-3 scrambled eggs depending on how hungry I am.
Lunch (12:00-1:00): some fruit (melons, apple, banana, pear, and plums are favorites) and some kind of protein, like some meat.
Dinner (around 5:30-7:00): this is the lightest meal. A small portion of whatever is served, along with some veggies or a fruit smoothie.

Workout:
I know this is weird, but I am a night person and do not function well in the morning, so I workout at 10:00-11:30 pm. It is also super hot here, but it is pretty cool during that time. workout consists of a half mile slow jog to warm up and then a half mile fast jog. Then I do two miles of interval training (medium jog for 20 seconds flat out run for 40). Then I run a half mile as fast as I can and then to a half mile cool down jog/walk.
I am on a three day workout schedule, so on the first day I also do body resistant exercises: three rounds of push-ups, crunches, planks, superman, bananas, and the one where you get on all fours and lift up your right arm and left leg and hold it then switch arms and legs.
The second day I only do the running and the third day I take off. I always stretch for 15-20 minutes after I workout. After the workout is over, I eat a banana and go to sleep.
I used this same workout last year and lost almost twenty pounds, but I gained it all back unfortunately. Any suggestions? I just restarted routine, so I will keep this thread updated with progress.
Seth_t
STARTING OUT

Re: New member. Here is current work out!

Post by Seth_t »

Sorry about the triple post! I have never had that problem on any other forum. I reported other threads.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

You body could be going into starvation mode. You're only eating 2-3 eggs for breakfast and then having some lunch, thne a bit of fruit with some meat for lunch.

You could have possibly burned some muscle and as 1lb of added muscle burns an extra 45-50 calories per day, losing some could have negative ramifications on fat loss.

If you're going to have the eggs, have something else like a couple of slices of wheat toast, or a bowl of cereal as examples.

Have higher carb fruit for lunch like an apple, or some grapefruit; pink is good because unlike regular it contains lycopene.

Also incoporate snacks between main meals. You have lots of options like microwave soups, rice dishes and baked beans, celery sticks, raw carrot, nuts, peanuts, flaxseeds, yoghurt, oat granolas, fruit, vegetables, chicken, beef and turkey from a packet, tofu, sandwiches, low fat cheese and cans of tuna, bearing in mind tuna is reccomended at 3 portions a week these days, due to metal content concerns.

These would make up part or a whole snack and you shouldn't have too much difficulty working out which of these options fall into which category.

Also you would be better focusing on the whole body for muscle gain, in relation to what I just said and also because you could get an imbalanced core if you do loads of abs stuff, gain strength in the abs, but don't have comparable strength in areas like the base of the spinal erectors, the quadratus lumborum and the base of the multifidus, because you'll have a lower back / abs imbalance, or become what could be called ab dominant.
Seth_t
STARTING OUT

Post by Seth_t »

Thanks for the reply! I will start adding some snacks in (probably nuts, tuna, granola, and yogurt will be top choices). I was trying to keep low carbs, so I cut out most of head. I will add a slice of today in the mornings though.
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

You might want to try and add some workout's with weight's. The more muscle you have the more fat you will burn. You could easily incorporate weight's with your body resistant exercises at the same time. :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Seth_t wrote:I will add a slice of today in the mornings though.
That sounds like some nice kind of maharishi guru spiritual type mantra that :). Add a slice of today in the mornings. Live in the moment, eat in the moment :).
Seth_t
STARTING OUT

Post by Seth_t »

Auto correct :/
Slice of toast*
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Yeah, I knew what you meant :wink: