ReVamp ... As Suggested by the Bossman!

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Re: ReVamp ... As Suggested by the Bossman!

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Boss Man wrote:It was a reference to when those places were Mexican, before the American's claimed the lands. We're talking Davy Crockett times.

understood now boss. :)
vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

You can't get it from the flu shot or a virus. Actually, what happens is your body mistakes the chemical signature of the virus with that of the chemical signature of the sheath around the nerves. It is a trigger but a virus does not cause it. It is your own body that does it.

Hope that helps you understand it better and there is a chance it is what your sister was talking about.
vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

MusculArgirl2...

This is a big thank-you for your suggestion at using runtracker on phone/computer. I am loving the features and the tracking is perfect for everything I am trying to do. It keeps all cardio in one place and I can compare week to week and month to month.

SO.... Thank-you Becky!!
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

vamp wrote:his is a big thank-you for your suggestion at using runtracker on phone/computer. I am loving the features and the tracking is perfect for everything I am trying to do. It keeps all cardio in one place and I can compare week to week and month to month.

SO.... Thank-you Becky!!
No problem Vamp!! i actually got it from Lynne or fitoverforty on here. i Really like it too. Glad it has been really helpful for you!! :)
vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

So... measurement day again.......

On the 9th of September

waist_____51.5_______________Now... 49
Hips______48.5_______________Now... 46.5
Weight___281.4______________Now... 266

The goal is 17.5 inches off waist and 60 pounds.

That means I have lost 15% of the inches and 25% of the weight in 6 weeks... not a bad start, but still a while to go!

1 scoop of whey isolate with 500mL water after weight workout
1 multivitamin a day
1 vitamin B 100 complex a day (doctor advised)
2000 UI vitamin D a day (doctor advised)

This is all I take, the rest is diet, exercise and rest.
I track what I eat each day and aim for 4-5 meals a day.
I aim for a minimum of 2.5 L of water beyond ANY other beverages.
I track exercise in a notebook or on the computer, from the outside walks, the treadmill, the elliptical, stationary bike and even the weights, sets and reps I do every time I am in the gym.
Every 3 weeks I photograph front, side and back of myself and tape measure waist, hips, neck, forearm, upper arm, thigh and calve.
Every week I tape measure waist and hips and step on the scale (Monday mornings).

I find knowing where we were helps to see progress and keeps in view the goals we set for ourselves. It helps us to remain "vigilant" in our quest and shows us the reasons we do it. I understand the time frame will never stay true for weight or size goals, it is too difficult to predict but it can be a flexible goal. However, with every 1/2 pound, every 1/4 inch, every clothes size, every belt notch, these are successes on the road to the final goal. Overlooking these small yet very significant steps can undermine the strive for the body I dream of. Without knowing and acknowledging these, the drive and determination for the long road becomes very bleak and dismal. Very similar to a 500 km car drive with only 2 stops for a gas and pee break. But if you stop every 75-100 km to stretch and take a five minute walk, that drive no longer seems as bad or stressful. Sure it takes a little longer, but when you reach the end, you still have the energy and willingness to do whatever you want when you get there ;)

Cheers for now!!
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

vamp wrote:n the 9th of September

waist_____51.5_______________Now... 49
Hips______48.5_______________Now... 46.5
Weight___281.4______________Now... 266
Doing really well. actually more like awesome!! :) You seem very determined and you will definitely get there!! so you've lost 15 pounds in 6 weeks. i go by weight i know you don't. LOL But it's pretty good!!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

WELL DONE fella, I'm proud of you.

You were doing brilliantly just to be able to start out again, but you're surpassing yourself with each passing week, so keep up the hard work and GOOD LUCK.
vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

Thanks all.... perhaps at the end of the week I will post weight gains for exercises.... some have jumped a lot and some not so much but I am pretty happy... I am stalling a little with concentrated bicep curl but being at the end of an upper body workout I am not completely surprised since bigger compound lifts have improved significantly! I can't wait until I can trust legs completely again so I can work on pull ups and chin ups but coming off the bar and remaining on feet with the drop down is still not guaranteed so I am being patient.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

What would happen if you put a bench a a step on risers under the pull-up or chin bar, then instead of doing pull-ups or chins with your feet hanging, you have your legs somewhere between 30-90 degrees, so you don't catch them on the bench or the step, but when you finish the pull-ups or chins, you can plant your legs on the bench, not drop onto the floor.

Could you get away with that, or do you not trust yourself just yet?
vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

Exactly Bossman, I can't trust myself yet. Standing on a narrow street curb can make me really wobbly, so a bench or step although wider, is higher and causes difficulties. They saw it has to do with balance still relying highly on tactile rather than on visual. I need to touch more in relation to visual and although I could probably step up and grab the bar in a fluid motion, letting go of the bar and stepping down would be the unsafe part... (I would need a railing on that step up to keep balance, lol).

I have thought about it but knowing limitations and reasons for them has saved me from any falls (although I did slip down 3 stairs on the weekend and land on side, no bruising or anything but definitely a little reminder to pay more attention to what I am doing and listen to fatigue!).... I am not worried, I will do it, time and patience is necessary as much for losing weight, as it is for gaining strength, flexibility and balance!

:wink:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

When you slipped did it remind you to go out with a cushion strapped to your backside :wink:
vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

Priceless :roll: lol
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

hey you need to post your results for this week!! :wink:
vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

oops, been little busy and forgot.

Well, The scale didn't budge... 266 lbs. so still at a 15 pound loss in 7 weeks...

BUT I lost another 3/4 inch off the waist for a total of 3.25 inches in 7 weeks ... Classic example of why the tape measure tells more than the scale!
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

vamp wrote:ps, been little busy and forgot.

Well, The scale didn't budge... 266 lbs. so still at a 15 pound loss in 7 weeks...

BUT I lost another 3/4 inch off the waist for a total of 3.25 inches in 7 weeks ... Classic example of why the tape measure tells more than the scale!
Great job!! i love to read how people go down on the scale or in inches. :wink: