ReVamp ... As Suggested by the Bossman!

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Alinshop
REGULAR

Re: ReVamp ... As Suggested by the Bossman!

Post by Alinshop »

vamp wrote:oops, been little busy and forgot.

Well, The scale didn't budge... 266 lbs. so still at a 15 pound loss in 7 weeks...

BUT I lost another 3/4 inch off the waist for a total of 3.25 inches in 7 weeks ... Classic example of why the tape measure tells more than the scale!

Nice work Vamp!

Your right, the tape measure is definitely more important than the scale these days. I tell clients to only weigh themselves right before we test their b/f%. The tape measure lets us know if they are actually progressing.

Anyway.....carry on with your Revamp!!
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

chris do you have any soup recipes?? Without chicken!! it's okay if it's broth but just not having to cook chicken. I read in another post you suggested that for another member along with baking lasagna which is a good suggestion too.
vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

onion soup

cut two peeled onions in half then thinly slice to make half rings
Saute in about 3-4 tablespoons of butter until translucent or just beginning to brown
stir in about 3/4 - 1 cup of flour with tsp. of garlic and tsp. of black pepper and 1/2 tsp. salt (stir mixture until all the flour mixture is dampened by onions and they are coated
Finally Add 6 cups of boiling water from the kettle and stir mixture... let simmer on med-low for 10-15 minutes.

serve with croutons, garlic bread, some grated parmesan or mozzarella.

Beef vegetable

chop up any cut of beef into bite size pieces and put into a large pot to start frying with 2 tbsp. worchestershire sauce, 2 tbsp. butter, 2 minced cloves of garlic, 1 med onion chopped, 1 can or package of mushrooms sliced.... sauté until onion is clear and meat is almost cooked.... add in 2 stalks celery chopped, and two carrots sliced into "carrot pennies" (that's daughter's name for them)... about 1/8" thick. 1 tsp. time, 1 tsp. pepper, 1/2 tsp. salt, 6 cups boiling water... let gently boil for 5 minutes and then simmer for 10 minutes... longer if you like softer veg.
... you can add lentils and other veggies of your choice, and change the spice as you wish but it is a nice starting point

Tomato soup...

Honestly I will eat Campbell's soup but like to jazz it up... I use milk not water to mix a can and will use two cans of soup and two cans of milk to make variation 1....
variation 1...
Mix a pound of ground beef with your favorite taco seasoning and once prepared, add it to the soup!
variation 2...
once the soup is mixed and starting to heat, sauté up your favorite veggies and then add them to the soup or dish into bowls and add the soup over them.
NOTE: if you are trying to reduce your sodium intake, I don't recommend canned soups or boxed soups or the taco seasoning pouches!

I do make own tomato soup but you need to know how to make a roux to do it... the flavor is different then canned soup as well.

Hope these help Becky!
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

These sound good! especially the onion and tomato soups. I have all the ingredients. except for beef.

what kind of veggies do you usually put in the tomato soup?? can they be frozen if you saute them?? I have a whole bunch of frozen veggies i need to use up. :wink:

The onion soup sounds good as well. definitely trying these. I'm thinking on monday! and no sodium isn't a problem for me. thanks!
vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

For frozen veg you can toss right in with soup and gently boil it until they are fork tender... For fresh, i like mushrooms (great protein source?) onion... Carrot.. Celery... You could try bok choy... Cabage... Beans... Peas... Corn.... Even potato

by the way... I am a fan of jamie oliver.. If you dont know him he is a famous chef from england... Try jamieoliver.com for some soup recipes or other recipes... Most of his meals are down to earth every day type good food....

Cheers
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

vamp wrote: I am a fan of jamie oliver.. If you dont know him he is a famous chef from england... Try jamieoliver.com for some soup recipes or other recipes... Most of his meals are down to earth every day type good food....
Thanks i will try him.

I'm bored at home tonight if you can't tell. :lol:

I make mini pizzas sometimes which are nice to make. You get your fill of pizza but in a low calorie dose. You can add protein and measure you cheese so it's not that many calories. I make a yeast dough and put it in the fridge it lasts me for two weeks. Just cut a small portion off of dough when i want to make one and roll it out so the crust is thin and add the toppings whatever you choose. I don't even wait for the oven to heat up i just turn it on and bake it for an alloted time.

The dough is pretty good and if you want the recipe i can give it although you cook i know so you might already have recipies for dough. It's also really cheap! :)

I thought i read that you like pizza somewhere. :)
vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

I have a couple of recipes for dough and the one I use for pizza is great as a deep dish in cast iron pan, 2 pieces is great for a meal and I do veggie pizza! We no longer even order pizza because it tastes like the box it comes in now compared to mine ;)

lasts a few days in the fridge and I can make bread or flatbread out of it... it is very versatile!
vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

Well, today was the last leg workout for the week and I have just realized I have yet to really post what I am doing... so!!!...

Leg Press and Calf Press 375 4x12
Squats 120 3x10 (I know they should be first but the presses help make sure warmed up muscle wise but also neurologically prepares me for the squats... I talked it out with the physiotherapist and she says for now it is better this way for condition)
(I started at the bar October 14th and now am at 120 lbs... I think that is awesome progress and every rep is deep... way past 90!)
Lunges each leg is 7 front and 7 back ( I do them in the squat rack to use the safety bars for a balance... the narrow stance is still difficult and this is only the 3rd workout I have done them)
Leg Curl 60 3x15
Leg Extension 60 3x15
Leg Abductor (out) 120 / 122.5 / 125 sets of 12
Leg Adductor (In) 90 / 92.5 / 95 sets of 12

15 min on treadmill 2.0 incline, speed 3.2 mph... was able to do about a 1/3 with only 1 hand on.... balance is still an issue.

Note: I have slowed down the outdoor walking for a few reasons... 1. been tired, I figure body was telling me "enough" so I don't go (sometimes I try to listen to body, lol) 2. A lot of rain in past few weeks. 3. trying to let foot pain reduce from re adjusting to walking without walker or crutches, doc is quite positive it is the ligaments stretching and becoming used to walking more and at different angle than the past year.

so this is workout for 3x week lower body workout. The treadmill could be bike or elliptical depending on mood for the day... and depending how I feel, it is either a 15 or 20 minute hard as I can manage over that time.

Cheers
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

vamp wrote:Well, today was the last leg workout for the week and I have just realized I have yet to really post what I am doing... so!!!...

Leg Press and Calf Press 375 4x12
Squats 120 3x10 (I know they should be first but the presses help make sure warmed up muscle wise but also neurologically prepares me for the squats... I talked it out with the physiotherapist and she says for now it is better this way for condition)
(I started at the bar October 14th and now am at 120 lbs... I think that is awesome progress and every rep is deep... way past 90!)
Lunges each leg is 7 front and 7 back ( I do them in the squat rack to use the safety bars for a balance... the narrow stance is still difficult and this is only the 3rd workout I have done them)
Leg Curl 60 3x15
Leg Extension 60 3x15
Leg Abductor (out) 120 / 122.5 / 125 sets of 12
Leg Adductor (In) 90 / 92.5 / 95 sets of 12

15 min on treadmill 2.0 incline, speed 3.2 mph... was able to do about a 1/3 with only 1 hand on.... balance is still an issue.

Note: I have slowed down the outdoor walking for a few reasons... 1. been tired, I figure body was telling me "enough" so I don't go (sometimes I try to listen to body, lol) 2. A lot of rain in past few weeks. 3. trying to let foot pain reduce from re adjusting to walking without walker or crutches, doc is quite positive it is the ligaments stretching and becoming used to walking more and at different angle than the past year.

so this is workout for 3x week lower body workout. The treadmill could be bike or elliptical depending on mood for the day... and depending how I feel, it is either a 15 or 20 minute hard as I can manage over that time.

Cheers
Great job Chris! You will get back to your normal self and with your dedication it will be soon. :)
vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

Okay, now for the upper body... last day of week.... (I expect some suggestions and judgements on this and I accept them, so here it goes....)

seated rows 4x14 @ 80
Flat Bench 4x12 @ 180
Lat pull down palms in shoulder width grip 13/12/6 @ 80 and 2x5 @ 90 (not sure what happened on 3rd set @ 80, destracted or something
Hammer Strength Shoulder Press @ 80 14/14/13
Hammer Strength Chest @ 75 8/10/10 and @ 85 2x8
Rear Deltoid Machine 3x10 @ 85/105/105
Pectoral Fly Machine 3x10 @ 135 (slow reps)
Triceps rope press down 5x9 @ 70
Concentration Curl 5x11 @ 25
Triceps rope press out 5x10 @ 35 (still looking for this weight, 2nd time in workout)
Arm raise to side @ 17.5 15/13/15
Barbell preacher curl 3x10 @ 40 (very slow negatives, Bi's have always been a trouble muscle for me so giving this a whirl)
dumb bell shrugs @ 75 . 20/20/15

I have seen some good strength gains and burning lots of calories doing this 3x a week but realize it is a bit much... I got a buddy suggesting a body part a day routine but the only splts I have ever been comfortable with are upper / lower... I just don't feel balanced doing it any other way although could look at legs, push muscle groups, pull muscle groups so I do 2 of each / week, but not sure yet.

I know that compounds will incorporate the smaller muscles but it feels incomplete if I don't do triceps or biceps in the workout... maybe I have some mild OCD going on, lol. I like feeling tired when I complete workout but after an hour or so I start feeling more energetic so I may be over doing it but maybe I am not....

Anyway, feel free to pick it apart, lol.

Chris
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

50 set workout if I read that right, definitely too much.

I would suggest the upper lower system. You'll be training another day anyway, but it won't matter too much anyway.

I won't suggest specific exercises, as you know what works best for you, but you could work the system in this sort of way.

Day 1. upper body + cardio

Day 2. lower body

Day 3. day off

Day 4. upper body + cardio

Day 5. lower body

Day 6. cardio.

Day 7. day off

I'd suggest doing cardio on the two weights days that does not utilise any upper body muscle, so treadmill and recumbent bike, or a normal exercise bike, providing it has fixed handles, but not eliptical or rower for example.

You could limit the cardio to around 20 minutes on the weights days. and then on the cardio only day, you can feel free to do as you please indoors or out, regards type and duration of cardio

One main thing is you're getting two split rest days as well with this.
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

vamp wrote:Okay, now for the upper body... last day of week.... (I expect some suggestions and judgements on this and I accept them, so here it goes....)

seated rows 4x14 @ 80
Flat Bench 4x12 @ 180
Lat pull down palms in shoulder width grip 13/12/6 @ 80 and 2x5 @ 90 (not sure what happened on 3rd set @ 80, destracted or something
Hammer Strength Shoulder Press @ 80 14/14/13
Hammer Strength Chest @ 75 8/10/10 and @ 85 2x8
Rear Deltoid Machine 3x10 @ 85/105/105
Pectoral Fly Machine 3x10 @ 135 (slow reps)
Triceps rope press down 5x9 @ 70
Concentration Curl 5x11 @ 25
Triceps rope press out 5x10 @ 35 (still looking for this weight, 2nd time in workout)
Arm raise to side @ 17.5 15/13/15
Barbell preacher curl 3x10 @ 40 (very slow negatives, Bi's have always been a trouble muscle for me so giving this a whirl)
dumb bell shrugs @ 75 . 20/20/15

I have seen some good strength gains and burning lots of calories doing this 3x a week but realize it is a bit much... I got a buddy suggesting a body part a day routine but the only splts I have ever been comfortable with are upper / lower... I just don't feel balanced doing it any other way although could look at legs, push muscle groups, pull muscle groups so I do 2 of each / week, but not sure yet.

I know that compounds will incorporate the smaller muscles but it feels incomplete if I don't do triceps or biceps in the workout... maybe I have some mild OCD going on, lol. I like feeling tired when I complete workout but after an hour or so I start feeling more energetic so I may be over doing it but maybe I am not....

Anyway, feel free to pick it apart, lol.

Chris

Looks good to me, but I like seeing gains after over doing it! :)
vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

Thanks, but Boss is right... it is a lot and it takes it's toll. usually pooped for 1-2 hours after before I have energy to do anything else (that includes stuff like the dishes some days, lol.) that is why I am looking to get same effects with less sets or exercises or both.

I do love leg day though.... 1/2 - 1 hour and I feel great again.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

vamp wrote:usually pooped for 1-2 hours after
You might be eating too much fibre or consuming some kind of laxative, because that's not normal :wink:
vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

roflmao ...... tears rolling down cheeks.... lol!