ReVamp ... As Suggested by the Bossman!

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

vamp
VETERAN

Re: ReVamp ... As Suggested by the Bossman!

Post by vamp »

Well, this past week had great workouts, very little cardio (time and fatigue) and a roller coaster diet from day to day that I even messed up tracking so it is incomplete in log... So, I got exercise in and took out so sets from the upper body routine as suggested by bossman but still need to tweek more. I am in there too long, yes a lot of rest minutes because I can't occupy a bunch of stuff all at once and circuit things because it is too busy for me to do so. I still love leg workout and am slowly adding weight or reps to everything.

So, despite great gym time, I think the poor diet will have an adverse affect on scale and tape measure readings come Monday. We shall see! (Its a good thing this is a lifelong process on healthy living and not a short term goal, roflmao!)

Cheers all and enjoy what is left of your weekend! I hope your tape measures and scales are kind to you at the beginning of the week!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

It is still a learning curve, because you're trying to readjust your body to what it used to be able to do, but you're now at a lower level of functionality, in terms of how much you can lift and your range of motion.

The diet issues are a learning curve too, but those will resolve themselves in time I'm sure :).

You just need to keep plodding along and try not to let certain things affect your mindset too much or frustrate you too much, because you're getting closer bit by bit, to the person you were before all your problems happened and soon enough that cane of yours will become firewood, if you want it to be :).

Keep hanging in there Chris and keep believing, because you ARE going to get through this one way or another and you have a right to be proud of yourself, for not giving up on yourself after practically two years of being banjaxed and out of the game.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

vamp wrote:o, despite great gym time, I think the poor diet will have an adverse affect on scale and tape measure readings come Monday. We shall see! (Its a good thing this is a lifelong process on healthy living and not a short term goal, roflmao!)

Cheers all and enjoy what is left of your weekend! I hope your tape measures and scales are kind to you at the beginning of the week!

I bet it will be okay. just a few days probably won't effect it too much. :)
vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

Thanks Boss and Becky appreciate it.

Weird surprise this morning... hips 1/4" down, waist 1/4" down and scale 1.4 lbs. up...

so that is ...
hips @ 45.75" was 48.5" Sept 9th
waist @ 47" was 51.5 Sept 9th
scale @ 265 was 281.4 Sept 9th

No complaints! Another gym day today and that is happy place, so all is good.
vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

Well, yesterday's measurements came back...

1/4" up on hips
another 1/4" down on waist
and down to 263.6 on the scale.

Slow and steady wins the race... As I keep saying though, its the waist measurement that really means the most to me, not the scale!

Playing with the program still and got some Balance exercises from physiotherapist to try and a challenge from her as well....
Trying to workout in the gym without the cane! ... yesterday was the first day without it in the gym, although, outside in the snow and ice I am not confident yet.

Cheers
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

vamp wrote:Well, yesterday's measurements came back...

1/4" up on hips
another 1/4" down on waist
and down to 263.6 on the scale.

Slow and steady wins the race... As I keep saying though, its the waist measurement that really means the most to me, not the scale!

Playing with the program still and got some Balance exercises from physiotherapist to try and a challenge from her as well....
Trying to workout in the gym without the cane! ... yesterday was the first day without it in the gym, although, outside in the snow and ice I am not confident yet.

Cheers
Well done Chris. :) Love your updates on how you are doing!! :D
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

A big moment friend, to finally workout without that pesky cane.

WELL DONE fella, or believing in yourself you should be proud of that. You're a pretty amazing man :).
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Chris what were those sprints you told me to do for swimming? I don't have them anymore. was it for 30 minutes one length go fast and then slow the other length and try to increase your time??

if you know any other swimming drills that are easy for a novice to do let me know too. Thanks.
vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

Well....

Big step early this past week.... KICKED THE CANE!!!

and

Started back bar security for 4 hours a week.... Not ready for 8 hours a day 5 days a week in a factory but hoping the Bar will help help me progress towards it!!

oh, and at the beginning of this past week I hit 5" off the waist since Sept. 9th....

Very good week!!!
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

vamp wrote:Well....

Big step early this past week.... KICKED THE CANE!!!

and

Started back bar security for 4 hours a week.... Not ready for 8 hours a day 5 days a week in a factory but hoping the Bar will help help me progress towards it!!

oh, and at the beginning of this past week I hit 5" off the waist since Sept. 9th....

Very good week!!!
Nice Vamp. :) I'm sure that felt great. Keep it up! :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

WELL DONE dude, that pesky cane is finally history. That's a big step forwards after 2+ years of unimaginable crud. I'm proud of you man for believing in yourself and not forgetting your own worth or potential ability :).
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

thanks so much for coming back to the site and posting your struggles. I have an uncle that walked with a cane for many years and i'm so glad that you were able to get rid of it. I"m sure he would have loved to of kicked that cane! You and lynne are really great reminders to me when i need that kick in the rear to remind myself of what i have and not what i don't. :D :D
vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

Thanks all, I still have nerve pain issues and fatigue to battle and work through and going to see a therapist for some needed talk throughs for some frustrations and aggressions I am not too successful at dealing with by myself... may be PTSD from the whole disease thing... but that is why I am going!

Of course Becky, it is one of hurdles but I have more... waist is larger than it should be so I must work on it as well and Balance and the amounts I eat ... not so much what I eat and a little on when I eat. I love food, lol!

On a different note... LEG DAY in the Gym today and I changed it up a little... Here it is...

Full (deep) Squats
135 x5 reps
185 x5 reps
205 x5 reps
225 5 x 5
250 x 2 reps
275 x 2 reps
300 x 2 reps

Leg Curls
85 / leg 3 x 13

Leg Extensions
85 / leg 3 x 11

Seated Calf Raise
215 4 x 10

Felt Great!
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

vamp wrote: I love food, lol!
I feel you on that! :twisted:
Don't forget to nicely stretch your legs with all the good leg workouts! :D
vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

Thanks Nokie, I always try but I do lack good stretching... I am trying to find a decent stretching program to follow work outs but it can be difficult to find such things.... That and everyone always calls different stretches by different names and without a video or picture progression it is difficult.