Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

chriscandothis
REGULAR

Re: Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi All,
Today will be an active one for me I am walking to and from work (20 minutes each way), hoping to get in 30 minutes at lunch, and one hour of yoga tonight. :D Let's hope I can move up from there with the workouts being a bit more consistent. :roll: Then it will be time to pull out the bagpipes for another type of workout. :wink: Our snow is slowly starting to receed but still lots to go. :bugeyes:

Nancy it is always great to hear from you. Sorry about your friend. :( Weather is a big factor in getting out and getting going. Glad to see you are still getting to the Y and doing exercises at home.

Thanks Sue! No problems with the car. We are a one car family and DH was away for a couple of days. :lol:
Have a great day all! :wave:
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Post by whenlifewassimpler »

Hi Chris and Bama,

Bama it was nice to hear from you and get caught up a bit. Glad you are still enjoying your Y workouts. Sounds like you are doing good at home too. Yeah I remember those snowy winters......and don't miss them. I hope you are getting the weekly emails, if not, let me know.

Chris, glad all is well and you had a very active Monday too, I see. Glad no problems with the car. Yeah we eventually got down to one car also. I sold "Black Beauty" (boo hoo) but got the same amount I paid for it for it so can't complain. The guy across from Chuck's parents bought it and he knew I kept it in tip top shape. Lasted him a lot of years too and he gave it to his son and finally the floorboards rusted out so they parted it out.

When we moved to California we came out in our 73 Corvette. We sold our Lincoln.....I loved that car. Then after we settled into the house, we got a 55 Chevy we worked on and a 64 Belair that we had for a while and then sold. Then sold the 55 before we moved to Lousy . LOL

Still had the Corvette in Vegas, till we sold that for a bigger car. We got a Mercury Cougar.....nice sized one. That was our last one. Sold it to a nice guy here and since then carless.

Well Chuck is almost done with comics so we can go eat and then I can get the stuff ready to go with Margaret to CVS for meds, get Chuck quarters, hopefully.

Wish me luck.

Have a good Tuesday and rest of the week.

Sue
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

March 19 - two 20 minute walks
March 20 - one 30 minute walk
Yesterday on the walk home I slipped on the ice and fell. hands took the brunt of it. :( Only one slight cut and nothing broken or sprained so all in all not bad. :bugeyes: Luckily the trail I walk on at lunch time is wider and clear of ice! :D

Good luck with the meds Sue! Some nice cars there. :wave:
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

OMG Chris, so glad you are OK and so sorry about your hands....how scary. Thanks on the meds Chris....hoping for the best but we shall see.

Yeah it's early here as I have been up all night again ....such is life.

Well off to check mail and then off to try and some a couple of hours.....

Take care Chris and hope your hands are alright....

Before I forget Great job on the walking workouts.

Sue
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

GM , Sue and Chris , Chris so sorry about your fall. Hope you aren't to hurt. Great on the walks to and from work . Soon it will be l spring weather everywhere . Be careful.

Yes Sue I am getting your emails so don't stop sending them. I sometimes get behind , no excuse other than laziness.

I'm off to the Y for a strength and balance class and I did a short workout here at the house . There are so many workouts on youtube and are free. I have been working out with a lady with the name of Pahla B . She super nice and has some great workouts all different kinds. So check her out sometime .

Well it's time for ride .

Catch you all later .

Happy Spring .
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi Bama,

So good to see ya....glad you are getting the emails...I got a non-deliverable for you and several others I sent to last week. I will continue to send them.

Hope you had a good strength and balance class at the Y on Friday and kudos on the short workout at the house too. I have a ton of DVDs from Mari, Suzanne and several others so I am all set. Plus have workouts on paper I do too. However, more often now it's on DVD.

Hope you had a nice weekend too.

Well I am off to breakfast, workout, boxes to dump if we do that (I didn't sleep again last night) but am doing OK I dozed off waiting for hubby to wash off. He closed the door....that woke me up and I got up as I had "things to do today" LOL

Hope you both have a great Monday and same goes for the week.

Sue
young at heart
HIGH FLYER

Post by young at heart »

Hi all, Just popping in as I almost forget as I have it on bookmarks so have to go to them to check:) Nothing going on here for sure with all the snow yet to go:( So been in for a few months but not going to take any chances of falling out there either:( feet are bad enough and with the weight, who knows what might break. Sorry about your fall Chris:( I tell older sis who walks a lot to just watch for the uneven sidewalks even although St. Louis did get some snow this year too. Great on the walks though Chris and wish I was still doing that:) Maybe I'll try a bit whenever trails are dried out and I get a pair of walking sticks.
Sue, I sure hope you get more sleep nights then not of course:( And glad your doing so well on food and exercise too although I know you could put on a few lbs.:) Too bad I can't give you some:) Love your comics and newsletter too:) take care and blow some warm air to thaw out our big snowbanks here:)
Bama, nice to see you here also. your like me, pop in now and then:) Not much here going on either. I guess when you get older like me, too many relatives and friends passing away too:( I've had a few cousins only a few yrs. older then me who passed away in the last 2 months:( Very unexpected also:( Love your goose pic's on FB:)
traveling son is almost done his 6 months stint in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and did have a nice winter there as they missed out on a lot of the snow in other places and also the flooding that is in the other states by there and some in parts of Iowa. He will have a little time off to relax and come see us up here and then he's on to 3 months in Maui, Hawaii:) So he will get his little bit of that state I guess the only way he can. Work and enjoy a bit:)
Well, I am also going through stuff little by little and hoping to throw away a lot:) Just have to wait a bit to get them outside as no room to pile it in the house at all. Plus hopefully we will have new better pipes for our house put in by DB and his son and Dh also helping soon. Getting some of the rust or iron out of our water at least. We don't drink it though, but nice for other things. Take care everyone and enjoy Spring if you have it:) gkids birthdays are both in March too so hoping I can get down there yet also. Have a blessed Easter if I don't get to say it later:) We did have some sunny days now also but been in 30's and feels like 20's so far mostly. :sunshine: :coffee: :wave:
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi All! :wave:
March 25 - 30 minute walk and 1 hour yoga
March 26 - two 20 minute walks and one 30 minute walk
The yoga is helping stretch out the tight muscles and keep me moving. No hip pain for the last while which I think is due to yoga as well. :D
Most of our sidewalks are bare now so the threat of falling is pretty much gone. :clap: Gotta keep moving!!! :wink:
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi Again! :wave:
March 28 - 30 minute walk
We are headed into some messy spring weather in our neck of the woods. Glad to get out and about today! :D
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Happy Friday All! :D
We have some lovely spring weather in store for the next week, and by lovely I mean wet. :lol: No walking for me today but we will see how the weekend goes. :bugeyes:
Have a good day all! :wave:
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi ladies,

YAH so good to see you hear and thanks on the food journal and all and yes I could put some pounds on. Hope all goes well with the work at your place and you get to toss what you want too. Safe trip to watch Henry....and give him HUGS from me.

Not a good sleep week this week YAH as was up all night again Thursday night. Such is life. Wish you luck with the work getting done and clearing out what you don't want. Enjoy your time with Henry and relax and enjoy yourself.

Chris us too on the rain, lots of it this year and our temps have gone up also.

I see some good walks in this week Chris you are doing great. I skipped workout Wednesday morning with no sleep and stuff to do.

However am doing it today, Friday and also getting hair cut so shower and then copy the form I have to till out for the new primary.

Well off to put stuff in Ethel, breakfast, workout and more scanning.

A great weekend to all,

Sue
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi All! :wave:
Looks like last week went by so fast I forgot to pop over here. :bugeyes:
Well for this week;
Monday April 8 1hour yoga
Tuesday April 9 2x20 minute walks
Thursday April 11 2x20 minute walks and one 30 minute walk. :thumb:
I hope you are all doing well. Keep moving!! :wink:
Have a great day! :sunshine:
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi All,
We had beautiful weather this past weekend! :sunshine: I got out for a walk on Saturday (April 13) for 30 minutes and again on Sunday (April 14) as well. :D I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and have a great day! :wave:
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi All,
April 15th one hour of yoga. :D
Have a great day! :wave:
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi Chris,

You are doing great on the workouts....keep up the good pace you are on.....sorry been MIA, but lots of scanning to do and had cleaning and cooking and doctors and all that "stuff". Glad you are doing well and your sidewalks are clear too.

We are cooler today but she said on the weather last night 89 on Friday .....no no no no ......it's too freaking early for those temps.

I know I won't win but I live in eternal hope. LOL

Hope you have a great day.

Sue