Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Re: Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post by whenlifewassimpler »

Hi ladies,

Chris great on the walks. That is what I will do but want to ask the new doctor first. Sorry you didn't get to yoga, but our kids come first and they are lucky to have a mom who helps them. I helped brother as mom didn't understand a lot of the stuff he got (remember she was born and bred in Germany during the concentration camp era....(her mom and dad were in one and she had to live her aunt, who was pro Hitler.)

Great job on the walks Chris.

Ha ha Bossman, I don't think so.....the bagpipes themselves are heavy so that is a workout in and of itself.

Well I am off to stories......

Hope everyone is having a good Wednesday.

Sue
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Challenge 2019: A More Tone, Filled Out, Yet Still Lean Workout Machine 2019: JUNE

The month of May I will do the original Mari Windsor 20 minute Pilates workout on MWF. I did fine the first week. Then the doctor's appointment started and the diagnosis was NOT good. So I won't be doing Pilates and will have to find something else to do as a workout. So hoping after this next text I will have more answers on what I can and can't do and whether new doctor can do surgery and put stent in where the aneurysm is. We shall see. Not a happy camper and can't wait till I am all done with the doctors and go back to dentists....them I like doctors I do NOT!

Plus now have to figure out a good workout I can do. Will walk till we know for certain. Wish me luck.

We did some more cooking again of new meals and still have more to do for this month too. However, working out well and getting more of a variety in our meals.

While not off to the best of years....I have also been having lots of stomach issues, tiredness with no sleep nights, etc. Hoping when I go with list to primary with some tests I can get some answers. Keeping fingers crossed. So I am not off to a good start for this year but hope that March and subsequent months go better.

Food goals: Food goals have not changed but remain the same...continue to take vitamin D, and keep up the increase in the fruits and veggies in diet, and try some different type of veggies, which we have been doing well with. Also continue to try out some different recipes, which had we are bound and determined this year to do better with. I will also continue with the getting in chocolate several times a week. PB is no longer an eating option for me. As for desserts we have made a switch and am keeping portion controls as I need to. Our soups mixed with egg noodles are working out great giving up lots of veggies and the sauce is already included; in addition to getting 2 dinners out of a can. Plus tummy likes it too LOL We will continue to have them over other types of noodles, like little farfalle and ditalini pasta too.

We have made up a number of the following ideas for dinners and just adding to our menu. In addition we have a number of ideas for different bases to go over pasta, making casseroles, etc. Plus making calzones, and pastry filled with vegetables and other filling to add to our diet for even more variety. We did a test one and it worked out great.

Trying to continue a variety of foods in our diet. Doing very well getting fish into diet having it on most Friday's and have also been getting it in during the week also. In addition adding diced peppers, potatoes, corn, spinach and other veggies to go with the fish has worked out well too. Still have had to be careful on portions as stomach still rebels on occasion, hence no weight gain in 2018 and slowly increase portion sizes to maybe put some weight on. Some weeks it goes up but then comes right back down again. Wish me luck.
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Baahaahaa!! :lol: Oh Boss man I am now picturing doing yoga with a set of bagpipes!!! :lol: Thanks for the laugh!
Oh and it is a lie that we can do everything. If some people can great for them! I cannot! :Hahabonk:

I see you will be walking too Sue! :thumb: I hope everything works out well for you and you can get back to exercise soon.
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Happy Tuesday All! :D
June 3th - 1 hour yoga
June 4th - two 20 minute walks and one 30 minute walk
So happy the sun is out there today. :sunshine: I hope you are all doing what you can to keep in shape! :thumb:
Have a great day! :wave:
Last edited by chriscandothis on Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Been busy the last few days.
June 6th - 45 minute walk
June 7th - two 20 minute walks
Have a great day! :wave:
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi Chris,

I see you got lots of walks in and some yoga too. Yeah lots of sun here. No walking yet till I see the doctor on Wednesday and get the results. I can't see how it can hurt but Chuck said let's ask him first. I mean it's not like I am not walking in the house, when we go to a store or to a doctor's office. DUH!

Whatever....wish me luck.

Hope you are having a nice weekend....

Sue
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hey All,
I hope you are all moving and grooving! :D
June 10 - 45 minute walk, 40 minute bike ride
Every little bit... :thumb:
Good luck Sue! I hope it is good news.
Chris
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi All,
June 17th - 30 minute walk, 1 hour yoga
June 18th - 1 hour walk
Have a great day! :wave: :D
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Happy Wednesday all!! :wave: :sunshine:
June 19 - 50 minute walk; nice and brisk as I have tunes with me for the first time in a long time. We have a wonderful warm day out there with lots of lovely sun. I hope you are all enjoying your day as well!
TTFN :wave:
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi Chris,

If you got the weekly email it wasn't good unfortunately nothing I can do, it is what it is. Hey they told me twenty years ago with the rare lung condition I had I might not last long. Well 20 years later I am still here. This is worse but who knows....I can't worry about it it is what it is and what will happen will happen either 2.5 years from now or longer.

Great job on the walks I am just going to start doing walking again as haven't heard anything about the second cat scan he wanted and I am now off to call dentists to make an appointment. I need a break from depressing doctors.....I love dentists and going to get work done and seeing them. I go they and I am happy and they are happy.

Well on that note off to another late lunch.

Take care and keep up the great workouts.....Sue
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi All,
June 23rd - 45 minute walk, 30 minute bike ride.

Sorry to hear there was bad news Sue. I haven't had a chance to read the e.mail. I will fire you a note when I get to it.
Later all. :wave:
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

July 24th - 1 hr 30 minute walk today. I love vacation time. :D A lovely summer day and great to get out and wander around. :sunshine:
Later! :wave:
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

June 25 - one hour bike ride
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Challenge 2019: A More Tone, Filled Out, Yet Still Lean Workout Machine 2019: July

The month of July I will start walking workouts MWF. The change is due to the doctor's diagnosis, which was NOT good. So I won't be doing Pilates and will have to find something else to do as a workout. So hoping after this next test I will have more answers on what I can and can't do and whether new doctor can do surgery and put stent in where the aneurysm is. We shall see. Not a happy camper and can't wait till I am all done with the doctors and go back to dentists whom I adore....which I am doing a Happy Dance in head that I will see this week.

For now walking will suffice. Wish me luck.

We did some more cooking again of new meals and still have more to do for this month too. However, working out well and getting more of a variety in our meals.

While not off to the best of years....I have also been having lots of stomach issues, tiredness with no sleep nights, etc. Hoping when I go with list to primary with some tests I can get some answers. Keeping fingers crossed. So I am not off to a good start for this year but hope that March and subsequent months go better.

Well the new primary got sleeping and took care of the stomach issues, etc and other stuff he found too. I am on a number of supplements and new medicines; one of most important ones being IRON....so I am not freezing all the time, and just feeling much better. It bothers me on some days but such is life it's working.

Food goals: Food goals have not changed but remain the same...continue to take vitamin D, and keep up the increase in the fruits and veggies in diet, and try some different type of veggies, which we have been doing well with. Also continue to try out some different recipes, which had we are bound and determined this year to do better with. I will also continue with the getting in chocolate several times a week. PB is no longer an eating option for me. As for desserts we have made a switch and am keeping portion controls as I need to.

With the warmer weather having some different meals but trying to get in veggies with some of them too.

We have made up a number of the following ideas for dinners and just adding to our menu. In addition we have a number of ideas for different bases to go over pasta, making casseroles, etc. Plus making calzones, and pastry filled with vegetables and other filling to add to our diet for even more variety. We did a test one and it worked out great.

Trying to continue a variety of foods in our diet. Doing very well getting fish into diet having it on most Friday's and have also been getting it in during the week also. In addition adding diced peppers, and other veggies to go with the fish has worked out well too. Still have had to be careful on portions as stomach still rebels on occasion, hence no weight gain in 2019 and slowly increase portion sizes to maybe put some weight on. Some weeks it goes up but then comes right back down again. Wish me luck
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Happy Monday All!! :wave:
July 6 - 25 minutes ab sculpt
July 7 - 30 minutes cardio blast, 1 hour bike ride

Good luck Sue! You have a good plan going forward. Be careful.
Have a great day all! :D