Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Alabama 1
REGULAR

Re: Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post by Alabama 1 »

GM Ladies, Well this is l kinda funny . I was on facebook and all of a sudden this forum popped up so I figure I need to get over here and say Hi. I have not forgotten any of you . I have a couple of groups on face book that are keep me busy . All is well at house . Other than things like our water heater went out yesterday and waiting for plumber to come sometime today . I am keep up workouts and have loss a little bit of weight but not as much as I want . I have been doing some challenges on facebook and also still going to the Y . Just keeping myself busy grandkids are all teens except on the youngest who is 12 and since they are teens they don't come and see Gramma a lot. oldest has a girlfriend so I definitely don't see him Hope all are doing well
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Sue , good luck . I just read your post and will keep you in prayers . Walking is good for you so I hope the Doc allows that . Lots of walking videos on you tube . Some easy and some hard. I like Pahla B she has some light and harder , short and long . Check her out
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi All, :D
July 8 - 25 minute Hips, Buns and Thighs
July 9 - two 20 minute walks and one 30 minute walk

Hi Bama, great to hear from you. Congrats on the weight loss and glad you are staying busy and active.

Have a great day all! :wave:
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Post by whenlifewassimpler »

Hi ladies,

Bama nice to see you stop by and I see you are busy and hope all the stuff gets fixed and glad you get to the the kids on occasion.
Glad to see you are still working out, lost some weight too and are having a good time. Thanks for the prayers and am waiting to hear back about walking and Tai Chi so we shall see.

Chris, keep up the great workouts.....and thanks on the wishes.....

Well off to do mail stuff and then do some stories. I did sleep for a bit but woke up scratching, the fan is blowing away in the bedroom. So tried to sleep in chair but not happening, just hurting back more. So gave up and came in on the computer. Did comics, checks and other stuff and now off to get stories, answer emails and read stories till Chuck gets up. Have to cook today and finish the project today also.

Wishing you both well.....

Sue
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

No official workouts this weekend but I was up and moving all day. :wink: I was volunteering at the highland games and I was walking the field all afternoon Saturday and Sunday to make sure the pipe bands were ready to go for their competition. :D I think I walked many miles. :lol: I had a great weekend and I hope you did as well.
Have a great day! :wave:
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi all! :wave: Yesterday was a nice active day with a morning walk for an hour and then a bike ride in the afternoon (approx 14 km). We are in the middle of a summer heat wave. :sunshine: We had some thunder storms roll through in the evening. Not sure what today will bring.
Have a great day all! :D
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Oh Chris sounds like fun times and you got your walking in too...kudos to you.

Same ole same ole here and I have a reprieve from doctors as August is not the best month temp wise or AQ. I will go to the doctors I can wait inside and see the bus come or car (if I get lucky) LOL

I haven't done any workouts but the ones where I am cleaning cleaning cleaning and up and down and moving a lot.

However, I just did up August plan and since Dr. Stern said I could walk and do Pilates ...however, some of the Pilates move I know I shouldn't do based on what he said about the aneurysm so I will try some of Suzanne Bowen where she stands for the moves.

Hope your week is going well Chris and anyone else out there reading.

Sue
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Well here's plan for August........

Challenge 2019: A More Tone, Filled Out, Yet Still Lean Workout Machine 2019: August

The month of August I will start walking workouts MWF starting August 5th. The change is due to the doctor's diagnosis, which was NOT good. So I won't be doing Pilates and will have to find something else to do as a workout. So hoping after this next test I will have more answers on what I can and can't do and whether new doctor can do surgery and put stent in where the aneurysm is. We shall see. Not a happy camper and can't wait till I am all done with the doctors and go back to dentists whom I adore....which I am doing a Happy Dance in head that I will see this week.

For now walking will suffice. Wish me luck.

We did some more cooking again of new meals and still have more to do for this month too. However, working out well and getting more of a variety in our meals.

While not off to the best of years....I have also been having lots of stomach issues, tiredness with no sleep nights, etc. Hoping when I go with list to primary with some tests I can get some answers. Keeping fingers crossed. So I am not off to a good start for this year but hope that March and subsequent months go better.

Well the new primary got sleeping and took care of the stomach issues, etc and other stuff he found too. I am on a number of supplements and new medicines; one of most important ones being IRON....so I am not freezing all the time, and just feeling much better. It bothers me on some days but such is life it's working.

Food goals: Food goals have not changed but remain the same...continue to take vitamin D, and keep up the increase in the fruits and veggies in diet, and try some different type of veggies, which we have been doing well with. Also continue to try out some different recipes, which had we are bound and determined this year to do better with. I will also continue with the getting in chocolate several times a week. PB is no longer an eating option for me. As for desserts we have made a switch and am keeping portion controls as I need to.

With the warmer weather having some different meals but trying to get in veggies with some of them too.

We have made up a number of the following ideas for dinners and just adding to our menu. In addition we have a number of ideas for different bases to go over pasta, making casseroles, etc. Plus making calzones, and pastry filled with vegetables and other filling to add to our diet for even more variety. We did a test one and it worked out great.

Trying to continue a variety of foods in our diet. Doing very well getting fish into diet having it on most Friday's and have also been getting it in during the week also. In addition adding diced peppers, and other veggies to go with the fish has worked out well too. Still have had to be careful on portions as stomach still rebels on occasion, hence no weight gain in 2018 and slowly increase portion sizes to maybe put some weight on. Some weeks it goes up but then comes right back down again. Wish me luck.
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi All,
40 minute walk for me this morning. Nice morning to get out as the humidity dropped and so did the temps. Just a lovely summer day! :sunshine:

Good luck with your plan for August Sue. Slow and steady! :wink: Good luck with those doctor's too!

whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi Chris,

Nice walk and ah nice temps too, lucky you......104 here today (boo hiss)
Thanks on the plan Chris and yeah more doctors visits in September and another CAT Scan. Plus have to set up some appointments this month too, but ones I can wait inside and see Handyride and also buddies and pals....DR. JOSEPH AND HANNA... TWO FAVORITE PEOPLE...BUT THEN THEY ARE DENTISTS (LOVE DENTISTS)....not DOCTORS. LOL

Hope you have a good Tuesday.

Sue
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi All, :wave:
Had a bit of a break and now to slowly start up again.
Monday Aug 19 - 2x20 minute walks
Tuesday Aug 20 - 2x20 minute walks
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi Chris,

Good walks Chris, have a nice weekend.

Sue
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi All, :wave:
Let's see...
Sunday Aug 25th 45 minute walk
Monday Aug 26 2x 20 minute walks
Tuesday Aug 27 2x 20 minute walks and one 30 minute walk
Wednesday Aug 28 2x 20 minute walks

I am doing better this week than I have been doing. Planning to get walks in all week. :wink: I am working on diet a bit and eating a bit better. :roll: Getting some momentum to add more in September. :D

Thanks Sue! I hope your week is going well. :D
Have a great day all! :wave:
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Thursday Aug 29 - two 20 minute walks
Friday -nothing, ran some errands and relaxed. :wink:
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi Chris,

Hope your weekend is going well...and next week is a good one for you.

Sue