Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

chriscandothis
REGULAR

Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi all,
I am new here and just starting things off. Started the day off right with a 20 minute walk to work.
BBL
Added a 30 minute walk in the lovely sunshine and will continue with another 20 minute walk home
Last edited by chriscandothis on Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Re: Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post by whenlifewassimpler »

Morning Chris, thanks for moving us here.....will repeat what I said on the "PR" site.

On tap for today....Self's Tone It all- Easy Plan, Hard Body(uses a resistance band) and Evening workout walking/jogging in place/dancing

Thanks Dianna, and I hope you will join us for the fitness part wherever we go. For the WOW portion, I will write by email and keep in touch that way. You all have been a godsend to me over the years and I will miss our camaraderie, laughs, and help with our sorrows.

Chris, I like Shapefit too and have put food journal there. Thanks on the mammogram.

Hi Bama, got your made it safe and sound and yes I put food journal there as they had a place for those and I liked their format there. While I was on Sparkspeople back in the day, I went over Sunday and tried some posts but wasn't thrilled at all.

No Bama, we don't watch the award shows, but I do like Madonna and have seen her and her "body" on line and I would kill for it LOL

Good luck getting all set up today.

Oh Chris, thanks and I will head over to see if I can find it.

Dianna, glad you made it to the gym today and good luck with today's chores and the meeting this evening,

Molasses, hope your night went well and your day today too.

Well I am off....

Sue
Last edited by whenlifewassimpler on Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Good morning, Sweat Sisters,

Since I don't run much any more, I changed user name from Molasses, but I probably should have just left it alone. Oh, well, I'm sure I'll get used to the one I chose. :)

Thanks again, Chris, for getting us set up here.

Good to see you here already, Sue!

Have a great day~
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Good Afternoon Sisters, Glad to see us all here. It was a okay to join .

For me this I did Usual Strength Training . I have plenty to keep me busy today since we just got back from the North. I thought Girl at least do your Strength cardio can wait until tomorrow.

Mo, I thought we already had a new member LOL.

See ya all tomorrow .
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi again sisters,

Been a busy and somewhat productive day LOL One of those, if it can go wrong it will days so things took longer.

Molasses, me too...until I read and you said Molasses, can we still call you that instead of fitafter50???? So were you able to work out this a.m.?

Bama, great on the strength training, I figured with all the unpacking, bending, cleaning and stuff you'd have to do you would skip one today.

Hope Dianna joins us too. I will write and send her the link

Well off to catch up on other boards and then get more on "To Do" list done.

Sue
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Good day Ladies, I just wanted to say hello to you all :).

I hope that you will enjoy the forums and of course if you have any teething troubles regarding functionality / features, do please message me at any time.

If any of you are having any concerns in your own lives or about other users here, please feel free to also message me, as I am here for members to have a discreet and private one to one about things anytime if you ever need it and I keep all peoples private concerns strictly to myself :).

Finally can I wish you all GOOD LUCK with your goals. It is great to see that you have a great support for one another and that you are choosing the sort of lifestyles that you can all be proud of and I hope you all succeed in what you are trying to do. I'm proud of you all for your efforts and support of one another and I hope you find the new you you are all looking for.

If there is any additional support or help you might need in achieving your goals, myself and no doubt others, will be around to either post on your journal(s), or if you need to start a separate discussion about a particular subject, then feel free, but I wanted to stop by and welcome you all to the forums and I hope you find your time here productive and if you would like to share your goals with us please do, as I would personally be interested to know what motivates you all to "get your sweat on" as you might call it.

Best wishes and have a great day :).

Bossman
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Good Morning All,
Well I did indeed get a workout in last night. I did 10 min Yoga Flex but doubled up on the moves I need the most. Really need to work on those hammies and make them more flexible. So in all I think it was about 15 minutes.

Thanks so much for the welcome Boss Man!! We are a small group who are supporting one another in our efforts to stay fit with all that life throws at us. The most recent curve was the stopping of our old discussion board. Through a number of searches we chose your forum. Looks like you have a great group here and I am looking forward to interacting with others as well.

Glad you had a great day Sue! Hope you enjoyed your workout.
Great job on the strength training Bama!
Glad to see you found us here Mo! Sorry about DA! You are a wonderful person for helping her out.
Dianna hope you sign in soon!
BBL!
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning sisters in sweat,

Bossman thanks for the nice welcome and all the help. Like Chris, said it all very well so I don't need to say anything.

Great workout Chris, hope your day goes well today. I am blowing some of our warm air your way.

As for me today....RLW of vacuuming, and Evening workout walking/jogging in place/dancing .

Lots to do today, so I am off.

Bama, Molasses, and Dianna, hope to see you stop by and you have a great day.

Sue
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Good afternoon, Sweat Sisters,

I did some Yoga for Flexibility this morning. It amazes me how much less stretch I have when low back is on the fritz! back does feel somewhat better though, thank goodness.

Thanks for the welcome, Boss Man. I think we are all looking forward to exploring our new "home" here. :)

Yup, Sue, you can call me whatever you'd like. I just seem to have moved more into other areas of fitness, and since I chose Prevention name to reflect "slower than Molasses in January" and I saw Chris had a new inspiring moniker, I thought a non-running user name might be in order. I'll answer to pretty much anything though. :D

Great workouts, girls. I'll try to get back later to catch up a bit and look around the site.
Last edited by Fitafter50 on Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Thank You Bossman for the warm welcome. I'm we will be quite happy here .

Sue, I'm here . I posted this morning. You know what an early bird I am . I am getting ready to do another workout unless by the time I walk to the exercise room laziness kicks in. LOL>

Great workouts ladies, :clap: See you all tomorrow .
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi again ladies,

I wrote to Bossman about adding a WOW section so we shall see. Oh and you might hear from him on the larger text issues, so I increased browser size. Just a heads up.

LOL about calling you whatever I like, I will stick with Molasses if that's alright. Glad the yoga helped your back, why I love Pilates...as it gets rid of the pain and stretches me out too.

Bama, yes I saw you on Prevention as it was still up.

Well off to get some work done,

Sue
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Thanks for the heads up, Sue; I'll stick to the "normal" size font then. Don't want to be causing a ruckus when we are just starting out here! :tongue:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Don't worry about it, it's just that I believe large text can possibly put some readers off, because it can make a lot of text seem a bit "in your face" :tongue:.

So no worries about anything, it's okay and keep up the hard work, because at the end of the day you ARE worth it :thumb:
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Good Morning Sisters,

Got workout in and Lucy is busy with sheets. Seems we have company coming from Maryland via Port St. Lucie so need to get a few things done .

workout this morning was Strength 15 reps two sets Upper and 60 squats 3 different positions plus some lunges (hate those) also 20 minutes on the Dreadmill. Hoping for an afternoon workout . Course I hope for one everyday and most days don't get one in. It is what it is. Have a Glorious Wednesday . BBL :sunshine:
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Good Morning All,
Well I started body weight workout last night. The workout is the following:
8 reps static chin ups (not sure what they meant so I climbed on a chair to the bar and slowly lowered out of the chin up, reverse chin up I guess and I only could do 4)
10 reps elevated push ups
10 reps leg raises (I did bent leg)
15 reps australian (45 degree) pull ups (I did more like 60 degree)
10 reps bench dips
20 reps squats
90 sec rest then repeat two more times
I only did two sets so I have a lot of improving to do. I am feeling good about it. :)
So far today I got first 20 minute walk in.
Sue I hope you got to dance to some great tunes last night! Great job!
FitMo great job on the yoga. Glad the back is easing up for you.
Great workouts Bama!