Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post by Boss Man »

chriscandothis wrote:Hey Bossman I have a question. On the old board someone would normally start a new thread each week. Should we continue that trend or should we just keep the one journal open? Please let us know what you prefer. Thanks.
This thread will be fine for you all, but of course other threads can be started too, as there are many differing discussions that go on here and therefore discussions involving supplements, equipment purchases, external internet media relating to fitness and medicine, or discussion relating to kids and teens, etc etc can be started elsewhere.

Though feel free to group journal on this thread or start separate ones too if you like like Sue did, who posts here and on her own.

We just provide the relevant sections for people to post content on, but we don't dictate how or what people post, except when content may infringe the stated board rules, or contravene applicable US laws, or PHPBB regulations.

self imposed remit is to give users as much freedom of expression as is reasonable, not to impose petty sanctions on people, like I've seen one or two other similar sites do.
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Morning Sisters,

Biggest Loser :bugeyes: Cardio for me this morning. I do like Bob Harper . He pushes you and is pleasant to look out and nice personality.
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

I like Bob, too, Bama. Great workout for you this morning. :thumb:

Burst Fit Leg and Core for me today. :sunshine:
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Post by whenlifewassimpler »

Morning sisters,

Bama, great workout and friend years back from BHG met Bob Harper in person during a seminar he did and he had a week long clinic or something that he worked with people and she loved it and he's how she met her goal weight like me years back.

Mo, I see you like Bob too and like Bama, got a great workout in this a.m.

I will get enough of a RLW today with all the stuff outside we need to do plus indoor stuff too.

A good day to all, along with weekend,

Sue
RockinCWife
STARTING OUT

Post by RockinCWife »

Hello ladies! I did a fit camp this morning for about an hour. It was a circuit workout, and then I helped Hubby finish installing the gutter's on our new awning. We are going over to some friends tonight for some games. It should be fun. I am going to join a 9 week Body Transformation Challenge and I am starting on Tuesday. I have 9 weeks to compete in a total transformation. I can compete in overall transformation, and highest percent of body fat loss, and a few others. I am excited and nervous. I will be working out every day in some form or another. :) I just wanted to pop in and say Hello, and that I will be joining you.
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning Angii,

So glad to see you joined us and I am sure you will do well...we all will be behind you and cheering you on. I know you had fun last night, so I see you snoozing in this a.m. Give that furbaby of yours a big hugs and kisses from his auntie Sue

Well I am off to mail, etc before I start "me day"

Morning to Bama, Molasses, Chris and you too Dianna!

Sue
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning ladies,

Switching from the band workout to Mari today as back is killing me along with other body parts so need a dose of Pilates to stretch me out...so for today Mari Winsor 20 minute Pilates workout and Evening workout walking/jogging in place/dancing

Hope you are all alright. Have a feeling where you all are, so will go check.

Sue
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Hello, Sweat Sisters, better late than never, right? I did get a quick workout in this morning: 3 sets, 10 reps, of one-legged dead-lift, curtsy lunge with overhead press, concentration curls and burpees, then one set of bird-dogs and some stretching.

Yay, good to see you joining us, Angii. Sounds like it will be Big Fun for you !

Sorry about your sore back, Sue, and hope Mari helped!

Sweet dreams, everyone~
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Good eveining Sisters, Angii so glad you are joining us . Your program sound interesting . I know you will succeed with it.

I did Weights this morning . 7 upper body moves 3 sets of 15 reps with 10 and 15 # weights and I just finished a 4 mile walk with light weights . You know I very seldom get a workout in in the afternoon. I am doing a challenge for the week of drinking at least 64 ounces of water a day. Didn't make it yesterday only 60 but may make it today. I am not one to like water but I know it is good for you. so wish me luck on this challenge.

Sue sorry about you back but I think Mari will it right up. Great workout Mo and glad your Aunt is coming home and is eating a little . I know mom didn't want a lot to eat when she got in her 80's She just wasnt hungry .

Have a good evening all. Be back in the Am .
RockinCWife
STARTING OUT

Post by RockinCWife »

Hi ladies. I logged over 10,000 steps today at work alone! :) And today was a quiet day. :clap: I didn't get another work out in today. I did take a 35min walk at lunch as well.
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Good Morning Sisters,

Great Job Angii, I have been trying for at least 10000 steps a day for a while now and so far have completed it for February .

What Activity Tracker do you have ? I have a fitbit zip and am loving it . I do want maybe next Christmas to get the HR charge where it will tell Heart rate also.

Workout for me today was Biggest Loser cardio with Bob Harper .

I also did a 4 mile walk with Leslie Sansone yesterday afternoon. That was tough as I am not an afternoon exerciser . Trying to get into the habit of a little something in the afternoon.

Have a great day Sisters.

Glad to see you here , Angii.
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Good Morning All,
Well the good Lord saw fit to give us another 3 feet of snow on Sunday. So yesterday even though DH had the snowblower out the night before I went out in the morning and scooped snow to the back yard. I walked the length of driveway (4 car lengths) back and forth for 30 minutes so that was walk yesterday. This morning I started with a 20 minute walk to work.

Great workout Bama! Yay, on the afternoon workout yesterday too!
Those are some great steps Angii! Welcome from me too. I see you are a fan of lunch time walks just like me.
Great workout FitMo! For a quick workout that sounds very thorough.
I hope your Mari did the trick for you Sue! Great job!
BBL!
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning sisters,

Yes Mari did her job yesterday, but got that "kick in the pants" old thing again as I can't keep neck up as long as I used to be...oh well LOL

However, back and those "cricks and creaks" went away LOL

As for today.....Evening workout walking/jogging in place/dancing, plus RLW of vacuuming.

Good workout Molasses, and I sense you need lots of HUGS so sending them your way.

Hi there Bama, and yes Mari did it up for me.

Angii, kudos on the 10,000 steps at work and the walk at lunch too.

Great workout this a.m., Bama, and I see an awesome workout with Leslie yesterday afternoon.

Chris, I see you got blasted again with snow....remember those days and this is why we moved to California. Last year there we got blasted with 3 to 6 or 8 foot storms from October on through May (yeah May....a light one of only a couple of inches but still...May really)....just made our decision to move even more prophetic LOL

Yeah I'd say you got in a major workout yesterday.

Yes, Mari did her magic.

Hope all is well with you and yours Chris.

Well I am off as another busy day...

Sue
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Hope to get in a workout later on, but spent the morning at the hospital. DA is home now, and all that hydration has revived her fiestiness. She keeps nagging me to take her to her house where her husband is waiting. "C'mon, just get your coat, grab your car and let's go. What are we waiting for?!" :) Be careful what you wish you for indeed! :D

She is feeling much better, (so that means I am too!) and she ate two cookies with her coffee, and didn't spit anything back up.

Great workouts, Bama! :thumb: Sounds like you are having fun with your Fitbit.

I'm glad we didn't get 3 feet of snow last night--yikes, Chris. I can imagine that was quite a workout for you.

Glad you are feeling better, Sue; and thanks for the hugs!

Great job on all those steps, Angii. Looking forward to following your transformation!

Have a great day, everyone, and I hope to be back later to post some kind of workout.
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi ladies,

Your welcome Molasses and I answered your email so won't repeat it all here.

A good night to all,

Sue