Journey towards first Ironman

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

triathlondaddy
STARTING OUT

Journey towards first Ironman

Post by triathlondaddy »

Hey,
name's Ben, I'm 40 years old living in Dorset, England. Married, two kids, I work in sales and have had an on/off relationship with sport all life!

About three years ago, on the sofa with the missus and well into our second glass of wine she peered at iPad and snorted "ha! you cant do a triathlon". Charming, eh?!! Anyway, I signed up - I'd been playing five-a-side footy for the last 8 or so years every Monday night and thought "Yes, I can"! I had two weeks to train before first sprint Tri...

I completed it. I liked it. I overloaded on fluids and needed to go to the loo at T2 but I thought I can work on this. I decided to complete a three year experiment to see what I could learn. It also gave me a reason to stop occasional smoking habit.

So, last week, out on bike (after three years of competing sprints and olympics) I decided to do a half IronMan next year. I'm blogging to share training experience and experiments, and to have a record I can look back on that is slightly more interesting than Garmin logs! Who knows, but hopefully I'll also write something that might be useful to other normal blokes trying to keep fit?

Anyway, come over and please comment, like, follow, advise, contribute etc...!

http://www.triathlondaddy.com

Thanks!
triathlondaddy
STARTING OUT

Re: Journey towards first Ironman

Post by triathlondaddy »

Race schedule for next year, race journals pending...
http://triathlondaddy.com/race-calendar-2016/

This should keep me honest!!
Manzer12
STARTING OUT

Post by Manzer12 »

Hello,

Sorry for late response here. Smoking isn't good at all. Anyways you should quit it. If you would like to get better way then simply follow here https://www.blacknote.com/ Even I have tried it and found it very useful. I was a chain smoker and it took me about 30 cigarettes per day. However, I quit it easily.

Hope you can do this. Thank you!!!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I'm not ranting at you with this post Manzer, but people in yours and his situations should use patches and gum and quit for good. Those companies like the one in the link, are just jokers trying to screw you out of your life savings for the rest of your life, the same as the tobacco giants do and then they whinge about how you shouldn't regulate them, as they could save millions of lives, but then the gum and patch people could as well, with the need to only use their products for 3-6 months and with any luck end up old but more wealthier, than those pathetic e-companies will make you.

They are just pathetic self interested profiteering people, who masquerade their slightly unhealthy products under the banner of "healthier", which is nearly as bad as telling a heroin user to use cannabis, because it's healthier as opposed to getting them off drugs completely with a needle exchange or methadone.

If I came on here and told someone to eat Big Mac, large fries and Coke, because it's got less calories than a 1,500 pizza and said it's healthier, I'd look very suspect indeed, even though I would be correct.

Don't be suckered in by these self-serving profit whores, use patches and gum or other methods and quit for good, because not smoking is 100% healthy and 100% free, which are unbeatable upsides.