3 weeks HC bootcamp, input more then welcome

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

breakpoint
STARTING OUT

3 weeks HC bootcamp, input more then welcome

Post by breakpoint »

Hello and good afternoon fellow shapefit´s

name is Danny and I am about to start a journey of own, I have been training on and off for a couple of year, but never really with a goal or real push. and I find myself with alot of time on hands now, so as they say "better late then never".

I am going to start of with a 3 week bootcamp for self to see how far I can push myself. The point of 3 weeks is to shred as much BF as possible while not trying to loose any muscle( maybe who knows add a tiiny little bit, but not a prio)

ATM I am 180cm weight is 79-80 kg and I am gessing maaaaaybe 15 % BF but no clue tbh.

diet will consist of aprox, 1700 calories.
BMR is 1850 acording to a BMR calculator. and I want to be in a caloric defecit to be able to loose weight.
it will be devided into
- 106 gr carbs (25%)
-191 gr Protien (45%)
-56 gr fat (30%)

these number are not down to a tee, its more or less what I will be aiming for. a low carb diet.

I am working of the specific meal plan atm, food I am looking for and have near and cheap are forexample,
-chicken/turkey/tuna/eggs
-fruits, bananas/apples ect
-cottage cheese/low fat greek yogurt/ kvarg( a swedish thing maybe)
-rye bread/ brown rice
- spinach/rocket salad/broccoli

Supplements I am using atm are Protien powder (to reach macros), BCAA and a low water retaining creatine.

I weight train 5-6 times a week. usually 4 different excercises ( 1 muscle a day, ) 3-4 sets of 10-12 reps, so no heavy bulking power, but still where I feel fattigaued, some tear and growth.

I also alternate abs and calves with the regular workouts.

cardio consists of 45 min per day 6 days a week. normally fast pace walking up hill (lvl 12 of 15 on the treamill) or on a stationary bike.
I also do some of the walking for 20-30 min sometimes after a weigh session if I feel I have a little extra energy.

I know I need to start doing a little more HIIT cardio to not hit that stalemate point.

I think this is all. Im am aiming to start this in a week since I wanna have everything planned out before so I know what Im doing.
As I said, ANY imput/ questions or cunstructive critisism is more then welcome.

this is me a week ago, and there might be some "sucking in gut" hehe

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/4893/pSLoin.jpg
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: 3 weeks HC bootcamp, input more then welcome

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Danny, nice to talk to you.

Firstly don't eat below BMR. BMR is the caloric requirement per day to sustain a healthy metabolism, so you should be aiming to eat above that when you're active.

You're also in danger of causing what is known as a starvation mode, by consuming that many calories when you're lifting weights 5-6 times a day, coupled with 45 minutes of daily cardio and then the body thinks it's being starved and won't shed fat.

Doing 5-6 day muscle splits training 1 muscle a day is not a big issue, as opposed to splits with more than one muscle group, or a TBT system, but you could stall on your progress pretty quickly if you're not careful, by under eating relative to your exercise levels and more muscle is better for the metabolism, so you don't want too much cardio in case you burn muscle.

You're right about the HIIT type stuff being more efficacious in the long-term versus steady state, but again calories in would negate progress when doing HIIT or interval stuff, if they were substandard.

I'd limit to a 5 day muscle split, so something like this, with limited cardio

Day 1. Chest + abs + HIIT or interval

Day 2. Legs

Day 3. Back + abs + HIIT or interval

Day 4. Day off

Day 5. Bi's and tri's + abs + HIIT or interval

Day 6. Shoulders

Day 7. Day off

The reason for legs being day 2 and chest day 1, is because it's the only way I could add abs and cardio work in three times a week, without it happening on consecutive days or off days, plus it gives you 48 hours of rest for the torso and synergist muscles before the back day.

You shouldn't need BCAA if the powder you're using is good, as a decent one which is not too pricey, with 5-6 ingredients in it, will have jacked up Glutamine and BCAA content anyway, but make sure your powder definitely has no creatine in it, as you're using free form as well, so you don't want excessive taxation on the kidneys, not least as you'd still be consuming a little bit of supplemental creatine on top of dietary creatine when you're cycling off the creatine supplement.

The only reason for powder and BCAA's would be if you want a bit of powder with breakfast perhaps mixed in with something, unless you have allocated specific reasons for the powder and the BCAA's.

Hopefully your powder has some carbs in it to help the body utilise it better, but if it doesn't, consider adding some crushed oats to it, or something like maltodextrin powder, or if you can get it glucomannan or waxy maize starch.

As for calories, as sedentary men need 2,000 a day, I'd increase your proposed calorie intake by 40%-50% on workout days and 20% on off days.

I'd go low fat cheese over cottage cheese as the protein content is better per 100g I seem to recall and it's got less bad fat in it.

Here are some other snack options for you to consider if you want to, like microwave soups, baked beans and rice dishes, oat granola's, ham, turkey, beef, pork and chicken from a packet, low fat cheese, nuts, peanuts, fruits including tomatoes and cucumber, vegetables including pineapple, raw carrot and celery sticks, pre-boiled eggs, pre-cooked chicken breast and low fat yoghurt, nuts and peanuts, bread, sandwiches.

Some of these are actual snacks and some are partial ones, but you'll be able to work out which is which.

Hopefully all that makes some sense.