Training Log for oatsandsquats

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

oatsandsquats
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Training Log for oatsandsquats

Post by oatsandsquats »

Hey guys.. thought I'd post workouts here so I'd be able to keep track of activities/progress.

I hit the gym 4-5 times a week to significantly drop body fat, and today I did the following:

15 minutes stationary bike
10 minutes burpees
20x4 8lb wall balls
20x4 8lb wall ball burpees
20x4 box jumps
20x4 squat jumps
1minx5 min battling ropes

cool down: 3 minute walk on the treadmill

Pre-workout: medium banana
Post-workout: 1 serving Silk chocolate soymilk
oatsandsquats
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Re: Training Log for oatsandsquats

Post by oatsandsquats »

11/14

I did chest, so here's workout for today:

20 mins jump rope, for cardio
10X4push ups
10X4 wall ball burpees
10X4 8lbs dumbbell chest flys
10X4 8lbs bent over rows
10X4 8lbs dumbbell chest press
10X4 25lbs pec deck machine
10X4 25lbs machine chest press

**Always found chest the hardest to train, so I'm really looking to improve them..

Pre-workout: low-carb rice cakes, 1tbsp peanut butter
Post-workout: 8 oz sweetened almond milk
Last edited by oatsandsquats on Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
oatsandsquats
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by oatsandsquats »

20 mins run on the treadmill
3x20 body weight squats
3x20 jump squats
3x20 body weight lunges
3x20 leg extensions -30lbs + 10 after set
3x20 seated leg curls - 30lbs + 10 after set
3x20 calf press - 30lb + 10 after set
3x15 barbell squats - 40lbs + 10 after set
3x20 leg press -1st set at 90lbs; 100lbs; 120lbs)

Pre workout: Went to the gym on an empty stomach as I went early in the morning
Post workout: Honey bagel with light cream cheese

Also, I've done a research on supplements with hopes of trying to find the perfect one. So far these pre workouts caught attention:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/hit-s ... -only.html

https://www.amazon.com/Fitmiss-Ignite-S ... iss+Ignite

These two are specifically formulated for women so I thought that might be appropriate for me. Haha. But yeah.. still thinking and looking for the right products. Has anybody ever tried these? Any thoughts?

Additionally, do you guys think formulas make better pre workouts? I'm kind of thinking of opting for tabs, idk they just seem more convenient for me.

Any thoughts, please?? I really do need help on this.
oatsandsquats
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by oatsandsquats »

Here is today's workout:

4x15 8lbs dumbbell alt bicep curls
4x15 8lbs pushup rows
4x15 8lbs lateral raises
4x15 8lbs triceps kickbacks
4x15 20 bent over barbell rows
4x15 8lbs shoulder overhead press
4x15 25lbs triceps pushdown
4x15 bench dips

--
Supplements - still doing research and stumbled across another product that is worth a try: https://supplementreviews.com/giant-sports/giant-pump

Just keeping all the links here so I can easily go back on them whenever I need to look back on the stuff on list.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Ignore the Igniter. They are using a blend, which states the ingredients and the total quantity contained in the blend, but they do not disclose individual amounts of the ingredients in that blend and are legally entitled not to disclose, which I hate and even though they could disclose, as individual blend ingredient amounts are not subject to lack of disclosure by this legal precedent, they choose not to which is suspicious.

One possible reason is that some of the ingredients that logically would cost more than others to use, might be in rubbishy amounts, but the product is then priced as if higher quantities of those ingredients have been added when they have not, meaning the product would not be as good a value for money as it could be.

If any product has anything called a "proprietary blend", or the blend as a specific name, ignore it, as it legally permits lack of disclosure about some of the ingredients in relation to their quantities, but it doesn't mean the companies can't disclose those individual amounts, so therefore if they don't I find that suspicious and I don't trust any such products with blends in them.

Check out this report on your second consideration Fitmiss Ignite, which will hopefully make your mind up.

http://americanpowerliftevolution.net/f ... views.html

This sort of thing gets me suspicious
What should I take with Giant Pump?
Regardless of your fitness goals, you should stack Giant Pump with a good Whey Protein for consumption after your workouts to help feed your muscles and assist in lean muscle development:
Why would you need to stack it with a good whey protein? One reason would be to bolster the effects of the protein supplement, but alternatively you could say that the use of the whey protein would inhibit your ability to interpret the efficacy of the Giant Pump, as then you're not isolating it's potential benefits or lack of.

If the products works as well as they say, you could just use it as a standalone change to your diet and exercise regime and get the claimed results, with no need to have to stack it with one or more other supplements to make it beneficial to you.

However it seems a trusted reviewer tried it in isolation and got results, so it might be worth a shot and certainly better than the other two in opinion.

Incidentally why do you think you need a training related supplement?
oatsandsquats
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by oatsandsquats »

Boss Man wrote:Ignore the Igniter. They are using a blend, which states the ingredients and the total quantity contained in the blend, but they do not disclose individual amounts of the ingredients in that blend and are legally entitled not to disclose, which I hate and even though they could disclose, as individual blend ingredient amounts are not subject to lack of disclosure by this legal precedent, they choose not to which is suspicious.

One possible reason is that some of the ingredients that logically would cost more than others to use, might be in rubbishy amounts, but the product is then priced as if higher quantities of those ingredients have been added when they have not, meaning the product would not be as good a value for money as it could be.

If any product has anything called a "proprietary blend", or the blend as a specific name, ignore it, as it legally permits lack of disclosure about some of the ingredients in relation to their quantities, but it doesn't mean the companies can't disclose those individual amounts, so therefore if they don't I find that suspicious and I don't trust any such products with blends in them.

Check out this report on your second consideration Fitmiss Ignite, which will hopefully make your mind up.

http://americanpowerliftevolution.net/f ... views.html

This sort of thing gets me suspicious
What should I take with Giant Pump?
Regardless of your fitness goals, you should stack Giant Pump with a good Whey Protein for consumption after your workouts to help feed your muscles and assist in lean muscle development:
Why would you need to stack it with a good whey protein? One reason would be to bolster the effects of the protein supplement, but alternatively you could say that the use of the whey protein would inhibit your ability to interpret the efficacy of the Giant Pump, as then you're not isolating it's potential benefits or lack of.

If the products works as well as they say, you could just use it as a standalone change to your diet and exercise regime and get the claimed results, with no need to have to stack it with one or more other supplements to make it beneficial to you.

However it seems a trusted reviewer tried it in isolation and got results, so it might be worth a shot and certainly better than the other two in opinion.

Incidentally why do you think you need a training related supplement?
Hi, BossMan. Thank you so much for taking the time to reply and share your thoughts. I do appreciate it.

So I checked the link about Fitmiss Ignite, and I'm glad you posted it on here! I was about to cave in and go for that preworkout, but I'm glad I read your response before purchasing it. It was very appealing to me, so I almost bought it.

As for the other one, it was from a review site that I often visit for supps and find it very interesting as well. Thanks for sharing your opinions about that too. I'll be relying more on yours as you are a vet on this forum, and I do trust your opinions, so thank you for that :) I'll keep looking at supplements and keep you guys posted.
oatsandsquats
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by oatsandsquats »

Arms/Shoulders:

dumbbells:
4 setsby 15 reps 5lb bicep curls
4 setsby 15 reps 5lb tricep curls
4 setsby 15 reps 5lb alt bi curls
4 setsby 15 reps 5lb alt tri curls
4 setsby 15 reps 5lb around the world
4 sets by 15 reps 5lb reverse around the world
4 setsby 15 reps 5lb military press
4 setsby 15 reps 5lb lateral raises
4 setsby 15 reps 5lb alt shoulder press

barbell:
4 sets by 15 10lb bicep curls

Post lift cardio: 20 minutes stationary bike

Went to the gym on an empty stomach. Post workout: 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 cup of oats
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Fasted cardio is not recommendable, as it can lead to dizzy spells, as a PT who used to post here attested to when trying it out with clients.

You'd be at least best with a small amount of protein and carbs, even if it was just a pot of yoghurt, or a glass of rice milk for example. It isn't necessary for weight loss and is not a magic bullet to encouraging the last 10lbs of fat to oxidise away, that never go away, as they go away anyhow, so you'd be fine having something before a workout, even if it was just some gatorade or a banana, or the sort of other things I suggested.
oatsandsquats
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by oatsandsquats »

Boss Man wrote:Fasted cardio is not recommendable, as it can lead to dizzy spells, as a PT who used to post here attested to when trying it out with clients.

You'd be at least best with a small amount of protein and carbs, even if it was just a pot of yoghurt, or a glass of rice milk for example. It isn't necessary for weight loss and is not a magic bullet to encouraging the last 10lbs of fat to oxidise away, that never go away, as they go away anyhow, so you'd be fine having something before a workout, even if it was just some gatorade or a banana, or the sort of other things I suggested.
Is it? I was told it was better to hit the gym on an empty stomach, said it was better for fat loss? Hmm, so far I never felt dizzy or anything. But I'm taking your advice. Thanks!!
oatsandsquats
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by oatsandsquats »

20 minutes stationary bike
15x3 20lb kettlebell squats
15x3 20lb kettlebell sumo squats
15x3 20lb closed leg kettlebell squats
15x3 60lb leg curls
15x3 60lb leg extensions
15x3 60lb leg curl extensions
15x3 20lb walking lunges
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Some will say it is better for fat loss to train on empty, but it isn't necessary and if you look at it logically, it your blood sugar is low, is it wise to do something that can lower your blood sugar when it is already low, when you could eat and / or drink things that would provide some energy for your workouts, to reduce or avoid any negative physical reactions relating to blood sugar levels and exercise.

Training on empty isn't even necessary anyway to achieve target fat loss, so you'll be fine trying to achieve what you want without doing fasted cardio.
oatsandsquats
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by oatsandsquats »

Okay so no gym for me for like a week because of the holidays, then caught a fever after. Glad I was able to go today though and here is cardio:

10 minutes stationary bike

12 burpees
12 jumping jacks
12 ventral jacks
12 half burpees
12 squat jumps

300 counts of jump rope

Nothing really too intense, but I gave it a sweat.

So.. for pre workout, I tried this liquid l carnitine, and I'll log it on here how it works.

The one I'm using is from GNC: http://www.gnc.com/GNC-Total-Lean-Liqui ... Id=4452496

I was advised that it's a little expensive to buy at GNC but at 17 dollars (minus the discount I got for getting a membership card) good for 30 days, I don't think it's that bad. Won't hurt to give it a try, but I do hope it works. Well.. we'll see.
oatsandsquats
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by oatsandsquats »

Boss Man wrote:Some will say it is better for fat loss to train on empty, but it isn't necessary and if you look at it logically, it your blood sugar is low, is it wise to do something that can lower your blood sugar when it is already low, when you could eat and / or drink things that would provide some energy for your workouts, to reduce or avoid any negative physical reactions relating to blood sugar levels and exercise.

Training on empty isn't even necessary anyway to achieve target fat loss, so you'll be fine trying to achieve what you want without doing fasted cardio.
Yes I do try to munch on something before a workout, even just a bottle of sports drink. I'll keep all this in mind, thanks so much Boss Man!
oatsandsquats
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by oatsandsquats »

This isn't the best workout this week, but I really wanted to get something done so yeah.

15 3lb dumbbell curls
15 5lb dumbbell curls
15 8lb dumbbell curls
15 3lb dumbbell hammer curls
15 5lb dumbbell hammer curls
15 8lb dumbbell hammer curls
15 3lb dumbbell triceps extension
15 5lb dumbbell triceps extension
15 8lb dumbbell triceps extension
15x3 45lb wide grip lat pull down
15x3 45lb close grip lat pull down
15x3 45lb rowing machine

Then tummy started acting up so I had to leave. Lol. Well a workout is still a workout.
oatsandsquats
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by oatsandsquats »

10 minutes stationary bike

15x40lb barbell deadlifts
12x40lb
10x40lb

15x50lb rowing machine
12x50lb
10x50lb

15x50lb reverse grip rowing