bike tours, 5k's and such

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Re: bike tours, 5k's and such

Post by fat-to-fit »

I'm back to improving life... I kind of took last week off from diet and exercise AND i will start back up tomorrow.
Last edited by fat-to-fit on Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

I'm down .5 on body fat since starting maybe is it 2 weeks ago i'd have to check. it's gone up and down with water weight. the lowest it was at is .7%
weight didn't go up from last week either which i was happy about. i think job helps with keeping me active and burning a few calories.
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

i worked this morning and if you think i don't get exercise. I had to walk up 3 flights of stairs carrying i don't know 15 or 20 pounds and i had to do it 3 times. there were no elevators. :) I definitely don't mind the cold in the winter. i don't even notice it when i'm working! off to work again.
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

doctor actually for a while now has been wanting me to stay offline more. she thinks it will be better for me. so here is a new goal. just to go on email once a day! and not facebook or the forum for a while. i like the support so i might send out a daily email on how i'm doing to a few online friends.. This will be a tough one. But i'm going to try it for a little while and see how it goes. I send best wishes all of friends on here and Boss too. :sunshine:
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

made up with sister.

i might start up with stating goals. i had to go up 3 flights of stairs last week 7 times carrying things. i steamed up the windows when i drove away even though i was wearing a winter coat and it was cold out.

i might start with goals tomorrow.
[color=#8000BF0]
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

I've lost 9 pounds the last 4 to 6 weeks i guess. i didn't do it on purpose. I haven't even thought about weight or too much about what i'm eating. i didn't weigh myself either. i didn't exercise much either although i'm active when i work and did go to the gym a few times. body fat went down 2% .

ironically i weigh less now than i did last year when i was doing all that biking.

i still want to bike this summer though probably not till July. Maybe i will give an update down the road if i lose anymore. :sunshine:
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Mo i hope your close to selling your house. i was going to send a email to you two but just figured i would post here. I've been thinking of you and wishing you the best with selling the house.

The book is coming along. I actually am really enjoying it. I like this book better than the first too. It's a lot of fun to see it take shape. :)

I'm still trying to stay off line this summer and at least with weight loss it seems to have helped. I like it better in general anyways. :)
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Congrats Becky!! :clap: What ever works for you physically and mentally is the thing you should do. :thumb: You must be doing something positive for your body for it to respond so well. Have a great day! :wave:
ChristinaV
STARTING OUT

Post by ChristinaV »

Hello everyone. I don't know if I an posting on the right topic but I would like to ask your opinion on running shoes.
I run 15-20k on a treadmill weekly but during the last few months knees have started bothering me. I think a new pair of trainers would help a lot.
I ve heard that Asics are the best but I am also considering Nike. I am between those 2 models, Asics Gel Nimbus & Nike Epic React:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0786SHSR6/ ... nkCode=df0
https://www.scrooge.co.uk/s/1143921/Nik ... 7-302.html

Any reviews or other recommendations would be really appreciated!!! :D
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

The main considerations when you're buying running shoes is the kind of running gait you have.

Do you have a neutral gait, a suipnated one where the ankle rolls outwards, or a pronated one where the ankle rolls inwards.

A decent cross trainer shoe will help you with running, but if you get a shoe type that causes a bit of pressure and restriction on the ankle, or chafing on the achillies area, that's not great. So you would be wise to do a test of the product when you're buying, rather than putting them on to see how comfortable they are.

As for recommendations I couldn't give you any, because I just buy what works for me when I'm lifitng in the gym and doing normal out and about things. I don't run so I have never needed a specific shoe type.