bike tours, 5k's and such

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Fitafter50
REGULAR

Re: bike tours, 5k's and such

Post by Fitafter50 »

I checked out your Facebook picture, Bekah, and other than the "brick face," I think it's a nice picture. You look warm and friendly, and as your mom says, beautiful. I'm not photogenic either, and it's rare that there's a picture of me that is halfway normal-looking. And selfies--yikes--I've tried a few times and in every one I look totally insane. :shock: :funny:
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

I feel that same way too. You don't like brick face?? :funny: I understand you on the selfie feeling and taking photos in general.. I would much rather take photos of other people and scenery than myself. :) I added the brick wall because I don't really like selfies and wanted something different. :) It was a black and white photo to begin with. i just added the brick layer.

I was crabby today. Nothing to do with on here. But it's all good. :sunshine: Thanks again Mo. :)
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

I feel really drained.

Making a rice dish right now for tomorrow. :)
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

I've been really moody this past week. i think it's due to not being in regular routine. i didn't work much this week and also didn't do goals or study much which really improves mood quite a bit. I also i think really need to have a friend to talk to about some feelings i have not online but in person and there is no one. i'm fine most of the time but when i feel this way it would be nice to lean on someone a little. someone that has back and is not involved in the dynamics around me. and not a therapist. :funny: i think that frustration of having no one there for me is making me crabby too. Also I've been reading too much about politics and that saddens me as well and stresses me out. It's not good for health to read too much. facebook friends probably get annoyed with all the political garbage i look at.

on the plus side i am still gluten free and dairy free. i made some gluten free cookies but from the box. i added vegan butter for butter the cookies were good. mom gave them a 10 and she is picky. :)

I'm not worried about thanksgiving and gluten free. I'm bringing wild rice dish. i'm making pumpkin bars right now and i will have turkey and a veggie and bring some unsweentened coconut milk. :)
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Post by whenlifewassimpler »

Bekah, sending a boatload of HUGS and sorry about the way you've been feeling....hoping you are doing better soon. I see you brought stuff for Thanksgiving too. As the other gals know .....I don't like pumpkin pie and a lot of the "other Thanksgiving dishes" LOL Just me....

Well just wanted to say HI as I have been busy off line doing a Fall cleaning since I never did Spring cleaning and I am paying for it now....as taking a long time. First time too I didn't get Christmas stuff on Saturday after Thanksgiving. Oh well.

Off to do a mail check and then start me "me day".....I had another night up till 5 a.m.

Know you are in thoughts and prayers daily!

Sue
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

I had a good thanksgiving thanks Sue. Hope you get some sleep and the fall cleaning goes well. You seem so neat and orderly and clean!

I don't believe in thoughts and prayers saying. Actually i mentioned it in the chat section just a few days ago. It seems kind of phony to me a lot of times. But i believe you meant it sincerely. Thank you. :)

I'm just busy lately. Working right now actually on call. Take care. :)
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

megan markle is engaged to harry. i think harry is handsome. I wonder if there is racism in England about it. Maybe because she is american as well and i think she is divorced but i'm not sure. Megan is really pretty. I would even say prettier than Kate although kate is pretty as well.

I'm not a fan of the thoughts and prayers comment. IT's used on facebook and other places.. I would rather have someone just say. I'm thinking of you and care about you or call me if you need to talk. It's not meant to offend people that use the saying though. so sue i hope you didn't take offense. I know you meant it sincerely. It's just a personal opinion of mine.

i do a lot of annoying stuff on facebook like post pictures and graphics a lot and talk and like a lot of political things. so i got own issues as i'm sure everyone knows. :funny: :oops:
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Hi, Bekah,

Just wanted to let you know I made the 40aprons pizza. The crust was really (really, really!) good. The fake cheese was fine, but I don't know that I'd make it again. I'll definitely be making the crust again though. DH and I both thought it was very much like real wheat crust, and other than tracking down cassava flour (which I found on Amazon) it was easy to make.

I'm guessing there's not a lot of racism about Harry and Megan, but maybe I'm being naive. She is quite pretty, but I don't know if I'd say prettier than Kate, who is so elegant. :tongue:

You obviously have a right to your opinions and beliefs, but you're right--when people offer prayers and thoughts it's not meant to offend. When I say it (and I do!), I usually say the prayer right away so I don't forget to do it. And then if I"m doing a loving-kindness meditation, I'll run through pretty much everyone I know, including the people on this board. :D Maybe holding someone up to the light of God doesn't change anything for them, but maybe it does, so I like to err on the side of caution. :sunshine: (And I'm not at all offended by your statement, just trying to explain the other side.)

And we've all got our issues!
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Thanks on the crust Mo. :) I will try it.

Your right Kate is definitely classy. And i think Diana would have liked both of them. http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wir ... y-51410958

It does sound like they are for the most part unfazed.

Mo and Sue are always so inspiring. i wish i did know you both. Mo you are motivational with a healthy diet and exercise and spirituality and just being a good person. You are the only person that wanted to be on facebook page on this whole forum ever. Sue is inspiring as well to me. She deals with health problems on a daily basis. Never complains and keeps her goals and staying busy as well. She also has lost i think it was 70 pounds. She also reached out to me and really was the only one that ever did that either. :sunshine:

I saw a good quote today. Only compare yourself today to the person you were yesterday. :)
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Great quote!

Thanks for the kind words. :) Maybe we can meet in person one day after I move to MN.
:sunshine:
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi Becky,
How are things going?
That is a fabulous quote for sure. You are right about Mo and Sue being a great inspiration. Don't sell yourself short. :wink: You are also inspiring and you have helped me along the way too. :thumb: Don't forget that. We all have our ups and downs, and we change our minds on what we should be doing, but we are here!
Sorry you don't have a bestie nearby. I have sisters that fill that roll for me.
TTFN! :sunshine:
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

I really like that quote a lot too.

sister has a puppy this year and her step daughter has a puppy as well. I'm in dog heaven at their house. one puppy is a newfoundland. It is SO SO cute. he's 4 months old. The other is a golden retriever. They like me a lot. sister has mentioned a couple times that they seem to really like me. They get really excited when i visit. she said they normally aren't that excited when people visit. She said they must sense that i'm a animal person. :funny:

i had to already bring in keyboard for repair. just one minor issue it's covered under warranty though.

thanks for the inspiring comment chris. I have to say you really encourage as well. and i kind of forgot you in the mix of complimenting sue and mo. :)
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Oh Bekah with all cleaning and other stuff I apologize for being so remiss in checking in...though I see you have been absent too. However, I see why with those cute new doggies your family got....well of course the doggies love you...you and I both know they have more sense than people do to tell good from bad....oh they sound so wonderful....I am envious of your being able to hug, kiss and play with them. Hope all is well with you otherwise and your holiday is a good one. Sue
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Thanks Sue no worries. Those puppies are adorable and so sweet. I love them. Have a nice Christmas as well. :sunshine:

The other day i was texting a customer with some questions i had. It was a nice looking man and i think he was single but really i have no idea. I texted more than usual with him just due to the conversation. I rarely talk much with customers. The guy when i met him goes, "oh, new texting buddy." :funny: I was kind of muttering embarrassingly, i" really don't normally text very much to customers." :oops: :funny:

I deal with really wealthy people and people that are very poor. Tips vary between them all. i sometimes don't get tipped at all by extremely wealthy people while a lower income person will tip 20 bucks. So i do want to look best and have a good presentation. I get good ratings though and customers say nice things. I like it though. I'm not meant for a business office suits or a uniform either. This isn't forever career but i like it and it works for right now. I'm not going to say what it is i do.

I'm trying not to post much anymore, but i do wish everyone a Merry Christmas or Happy HOlidays and a good new years. :D
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi Bekah,

I am glad your job is going well and yes, rich, snotty people are not good tippers, while the regular guy or people with less money appreciate good people and service money and tip better. No problem for me on what you do. You know me well enough by now to know that. It's the person I am dealing with....not their job or anything else.

You too Bekah a wonderful Christmas and New Year's ......plus for me a birthday on the 22nd....hard to believe I am another year older LOL

Sue