bike tours, 5k's and such

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Fitafter50
REGULAR

Re: bike tours, 5k's and such

Post by Fitafter50 »

Oh, good golly Miss Molly--I am green with envy, Bekah--a Newfy puppy! :funny: Is he black, or brown, or black and white? Tucky was a Landseer Newfoundland, black and white. I have loved all our dogs like own womb-children, but Tucker took a part of heart that was proportionate to his size (154# before he got sick). I still can't talk about him without crying, and it's been quite a few years now that he's been gone. You must be in heaven playing with those two! :sunshine:

Hope your crabbiness has passed, and you are feeling better. I had been letting the political stuff get me down, too, but I know that as you say, focusing on the negativity is not at all helpful, so I am trying really hard to find the bright spots and to stay optimistic. Good people are everywhere, so that's what I'm focusing attention on now. :)

Glad to hear your job is going well, and you are getting good reviews. And some tips, too! :thumb:

Wishing you a Merry Christmas. Kiss that Newf pup for me, please!
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Sue have a nice birthday! a capricorn around xmas. did you ever feel jilted because of the holiday being so close? Thanks for the xmas card i will send you a email/reply.

Mo, the puppy is black and white. HE is SO SO CUTE. he has a good temperment too. i guess he's close to 5months old now. The gold retriever is awfully cute too. And i adore him very muchl. But the NF puppies are extremely cute. :) Over the holidays i will take a pic of the pup and post it on FB. I will email you a pic Sue. :)

I have to take breaks from the political news because it's not good for mental health. Even if it's important news i won't read it some days because it's just too much.

Your right about all the good people out there though. Lately I've been noticing how i am meeting a lot of really nice people.

Sue i think it goes both ways on the tipping. I have wealthy people that tip great and some not at all. And the same with lower income levels. :)

asi va. :)
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

i take that back on the best tippers. I think it's the middle class. Lower income sometimes tip but many cant afford too and the wealthy don't seem to tip that well either for the most part.
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

I think the best tippers are the people who've worked for tips at one time or another. Having depended on tips through college, and then seeing kids wait tables in high school and college, I get pretty annoyed when people don't tip decently. I was out with two friends for lunch once and ended up circling back to leave a few extra dollars on the table because the friend who figured the bill and collected the money was kinda cheap in the tip dept. :tongue: If you can't afford to leave a nice tip, then chose a cheaper restaurant or at least a cheaper meal, but don't order apps, meal, drinks and dessert and then decide you can't afford to leave more than $3!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I find it ironic in the film Reservoir Dogs, that a bunch of guys who are intending to rob a bank start debating the ethical / moral merits of tipping waitresses. Scum with a conscience eh.
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

boss i haven't seen the movie. :)
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

I was reading an article on Zoey Wright. She is british and young i think around 25 but she has a really cute shape. she has a colonoscopy bag always on her due to an illness she has. she's quite inspirational though and is doing well in fitness competitions.

one thing i hate in bodybuilding is when women bend over showing their butt.

new years eve went well. ate 12 grapes at midnight which is a good luck tradition in spain and latin america. :)

Wish everyone a healthy and happy 2018. :sunshine:
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

i think i will post once a month for new years resolution. i still want to be less and less online. I have been less online the last part of 2017 and i liked it better. I have a million goals i'm working on and i want to feel good about myself. I'm learning not to chase people anymore. i don't want friendships to be one sided. If people see worth they will want to be in life because i would be an extremely loyal and supportive friend..

I had a friend from years ago who has become quite successful and lives in LA now tell me the other day she thinks me as a dear friend from the past. It was really sweet and i appreciated it. She inspires me a lot with her life because she is single as well.

I've even had men who seemed like they didn't find me utterly repulsive. :funny: which was surprising because i just started feeling so low about myself. i certainly don't think of myself as very attractive and it was surprising.

I do want to lose weight and continue gluten free but I think i will keep journey more to myself this year. I have mo on facebook i can ask questions too and Sue i email. and i'm going to try and only post around the 1st of the month this year to see how everyone is doing.

I do wish everyone a happy and healthy 2018. I really do care about all the people i've met on the forum here and appreciate the support they have given. :)
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

I'm going to change resolution to just not posting much this year.

goal this year is to become a healthy foodie. I also want to lift weights and for cardio at normal amounts workout with swimming, biking and walking intervals right now. :) and keep eating gluten free. I'm not dairy free anymore. But i do drink coconut milk. and sometimes have dairy free products.

i'm going to help mom with a business idea this year and of course we are starting on the next book as well.

that's all for now. :sunshine:
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

I haven't seen Reservoir Dogs either; doesn't sound like kind of movie! :P

I hadn't heard about the grape tradition either, so I missed out on that opportunity for good luck in the new year! I did eat black-eyed peas and cabbage on 1/1 though. :D

Good luck with your goals and your business venture, Bekah. And don't be so hard on yourself ~ I've seen your photo so I know that you are far from repulsive. I'm sure there are several fellas out there who'd be happy if you looked their way. :sunshine:
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

I was being hard on myself in the moment it's okay Mo. :)
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

I'm being pretty consistent with cardio and eating healthy. Next week i will start weights twice a week. Again i'm not going to post daily but i will come back and say how i'm doing.
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Happy New Year Becky! Good luck with your goals. I respect your decision to post less if that is what you want to do. :thumb: Keep moving forward and I will be hoping to hear from you now and then. :wink:
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

cardio done today. just 30 min on the TM in speed and incline intervals. I work today too so i will burn calories doing that as well. I will weigh tomorrow if i remember but i think i gained about 3 pounds over the holidays. i kind of went off track right around thanksgiving.

I want to start Strength training next week. I'm thinking 2 times a week boss's routine. :)

-5 out right now. :chilly: fun to work in it. :funny: actually if you believe it i get too warm sometimes even in the cold. But if i broke down it would be cold. :wowzer:

I think i will workout at home till spring using free weights and the TM intervals.. In spring, I will then start adding in biking and swimming along with the TM at the gym. :)
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

I am working but no work so here i am. still getting paid though:)

I actually have plans this weekend when i'm not working. :funny: :wowzer: Could it be that i actually am getting more of a life. :funny:

Thanks Chris on commenting. I'll see what happens. :)