bike tours, 5k's and such

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Fitafter50
REGULAR

Re: bike tours, 5k's and such

Post by Fitafter50 »

Good to hear you are "getting a life," Bekah! :clap: :D

Sounds like you have a plan as well, which is a good thing! :thumb:
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Thanks Mo. :) I'm not saying i have a life but i'm trying to step outside comfort zone. I'm doing a meet up group for the first time later this month. if it works out and i like it i might try to do a meet up group once a month.

Monday i will make meals for the week. I think boss's routine will work. I don't need to build a lot of muscle maybe just some. What i really need to do is become healthier eating and lose fat. :)
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

i did weights today and cardio for 30 minutes. 2 sets. I'm already sore. I took an advil to sleep. mostly in legs. and back a little bit.

i saw a guy out and about. he picks up trash. I don't know if he has a mental health problem or did drugs possible but he seemed kind of fragile like. Very nice. Bad BO. I just felt kind of bad for him. :? If i see him again i'm going to talk to him and compliment him somehow. :)
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

cardio 40 minute intervals today.

I'm going to make these. https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2018/0 ... tein-bars/

later today for when i take medication at night. i need some food with it. i have to buy some chia seeds and i'm using almond butter for the recipe.

Mo, do you think i could add extra protein powder in it? I only have vanilla and it says half a cup with cocoa powder.

protein bars are so expensive and don't taste the best so i hope this works.

I bought a fat percentage machine. I'm going to track myself fat percentage wise and not weigh in much.

The only way i won't keep doing this is if i have health problems. :)

I'm REALLY sore. i am only going to do weights twice a week. I just don't want to be that sore for when i work because i move around a lot when i work. i used 8 pound weights and i think it was too light for the arms. Using `10 pounds next time. I'm not sore there. i carry things with work too so i might have got stronger doing that too.

But legs from the squats and deadlifts and lunges are very sore. i used 8 pound weights when i did those too. :tongue:
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Mmmm--I got that recipe in email, Bekah, and thought it looked yummy. Did you try it? I don't see why you couldn't use vanilla protein and skip the added cocoa or cacao, if you didn't want it really chocolatey.

Good luck with your program--sounds like you are off to a good start! :thumb:
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

I did try it and after i refrigerated i did like it. Much better than store bought protein bars. It didn't make a lot though. :)

I'm still really sore from weights on monday. I don't get it.. i did 3 leg exercises only. Lunges, deadlifts and squats. 2 sets with 8 pound weights, 12 reps and i can barely walk for the past 2 days.. shoulders, chest and back on the other hand weren't sore at all.
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

i do want to lift weights. i got so sore this week i'm hesitant to do it again but i'm going too. :)
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

I got body fat calculator. I'm going to keep track of it instead of weight.. :)

Making gluten free pumpkin bars tonight!
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi Becky,
Great job on the weights. Sorry you were so sore. Sometimes I found it helped relieve the soreness to do the exercises again or do lots of stretches.
I hope you like the pumpkin bars!! :D
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Maybe try lighter weights to start with, Bekah? I usually start clients with just bodyweight on squats, lunges, and deadlifts. (I know you are in better shape than beginner clients, but no harm in starting small!) :D
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

i will do that mo. i will try stretching too Chris. and taking a hot bath! i am going to do weights tomorrow. Just body weight for the legs except the deadlift.

Do you think push ups are ok instead of the chest press? I plan on doing 30 min on the TM too every day.

I've worked a lot the past couple days. but i have the next day or two or three off depending on the weather. Snow storm tomorrow and vikings play! So i will buy some groceries and try to get back on a schedule of working out. I do think i am getting stronger from job too just because i do lift things.

I'm following 2 ladies in a fitness competition this spring and their blog. They are at normal weight. one was 151 and 25% body fat. it's kind of fun to follow for inspiration. and to see how they do. I"m not interested in those competitions just fun to watch their journey.

i tested mom's body fat and she isn't that much lower than me. she is at a normal high weight. That is not good. she is lower than me by 8%. i am much heavier than her though.

off to run coat to a it place. i really jammed some material in the zipper and it snow tomorrow so i need to get it fixed! it's a new coat too which i really like.

have a nice weekend!
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

I did boss's routine yesterday. i added bridges too. just body weight on the legs and 10 pounds for row, shoulder and i did push ups for chest. i also did 30 min cardio intervals on the TM. 12 reps 2 sets. I'm still not sore in the arms at all and just a bit in the legs much better than last week.

Today i don't work so i'm going to do 60 min cardio on the TM intervals. But goal every day is 30 minutes. i burn calories working too so that should be enough.

got over a foot of snow yesterday. :chilly: but it's actually really pretty and sunny. and we have a snowblower now so kind of fun to do the driveway. goal is to do another weight session on Thursday. so twice a week. body fat has gone done .3 or .5 percent. but that is all relative. sense i'm sure water and all that can change that amount.
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

30 minutes Tm today.

if you can't tell i didn't work today. I actually have a cold. sore throat. I work sometimes with vulnerable people physically so i'm not working today.

here is a video of a lady i'm following for curly hair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIVzc17Txl4&t=122s she has gorgeous! curly hair. I don't know if i can get curly hair that good but i'm going to try! her hair really is beautiful...

we finished the rough draft of the 2nd book. we are now ready for the illustrations. the book is cute and funny! i think parents will laugh too. i'm excited to see what the illustrator comes up with.

Chris i'm glad you are doing weights too we can support one another.

Have a good night. :wave:
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

That is some gorgeous hair, Bekah! As a straight-haired girl, I've always wanted curls. The straightener fad totally baffled me; I was so confused as to why someone would want to flat-iron curls, but I guess the grass is always greener. :?

Yay on the workouts! (But keep in mind that if your cold goes to your chest, or you have a fever, rest is best! :D Hope you feel better soon.)

So cool on the book--congratulations! :clap:
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

nowadays there is so much more help for curly hair and info and products. There are even salons that specialize in curly hair!!

to this day mom tells me to brush hair. you don't brush curly hair :funny: She doesn't have curly hair so she doesn't know. it would just frizz. i wish i had thick curly hair back. It's much thinner now from pcos. I really like curly hair now But i definitely didn't appreciate it when i was younger and i really didn't know how to take care of it there wasn't all the help there is now. :)