One Punch Man

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Cal Parker
STARTING OUT

One Punch Man

Post by Cal Parker »

Evening all,

Im new to this forum but decided the best way to force myself to stick to some goals was to lay it all out here and (hopefully) the peer pressure will get to me :D ill rattle on a bit here but bear with me!

So i hurt lower back in 2014 doing kettlebell swings far too heavy, and its been a recurring injury on amd off ever since, but got a whole lot worse about 2 months ago, twinging after some heavy power cleans. Im currently doing stretches daily and awaiting a physio assesment. Its also worth noting that i currently travel every week with work, live in hotels a lot and eat pretty badly.

So anyway ive been trying to get back into running recently as it seems like one of the less painful types of exercise for back, and looking at some bodyweight exercises with a long term view of building up to a long term calisthenics and runnibg regime, maybe even getting back to boxing. I saw an interesting workout that consisted of the following:

100 push ups
100 air squats
100 sit ups
10km run
Repeat every day.

Now its worth noting this is from an anime cartoon, so ill need to change it slightly for current fitness level :)

Im going to attempt to train 6 days a week, alternating days between 10k run and the bodyweight exercises, with 50 pullups thrown in for a pull exercise.

The ultimate goal is, by the end of january, to get up to 100 pullups, and be doing the whole workout in under 1 hour, 4 times per week.

Ive started this evenibg with first 10km run, tomorrow will be the bodyweight exercises, split into as high rep sets as i can manage until i hit 100 reps.

Ill post progress pics on a weekly basis, and try and update workouts every coupke.of days to let you know how im doing.

Be interesting to hear some comments on this and peoples thoughts on it, and if anyone else wants to join in let me know how youre getting on, after all a bit of healthy competition has to help!

Current weight 88kg
10km in 58:49, ill post pics as soon as i can figure out how!

Cheers

Cal
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: One Punch Man

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Cal good to talk to you.

Personally I dont think there's much wrong with your ideas given the current restrictions, so I hope it works out for you.
Cal Parker
STARTING OUT

Post by Cal Parker »

Evening Bossman

Is there any guidence on how to post pictures up here?

Cheers

Also;
bodyweight exercises performed
2 x 20 push ups, sit ups, air squats
3 x 10 push ups, break, 10 push ups, 20 sit ups, 20 air squats

Total 300 reps, time taken 13:12
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Use the img tags and post the image url inbetween the two tags from somwhere like photobucket, picasa, flickr, instagram, or any other image hosting site.

The images should appear with any luck.
GreenSuede33
STARTING OUT

Post by GreenSuede33 »

As a One Punch Man fan I love the idea. I'd be half tempted to give this a go myself if I hadn't just done ankle in. Maybe another time! Will be living vicariously through you for the time being, I think. Keep us updated! :)