Lu's Workout Journal

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

fitoverforty
VETERAN

Re: Lu's Workout Journal

Post by fitoverforty »

ldematto wrote:We're going to NY for the weekend to see Phantom of the Opera and dine with 35 close friends
How cool is that! Sounds like a lot of fun. :D
ldematto wrote:We plan to be back for the Super Bowl on Sunday
I'm rooting for the NY GIANTs too, even tho' they beat Cowboys and since I was born in Massachusetts I prolly should be rooting for the New England Patriots! And you are from Connecticut! :lol: But, oh well....GO Giants!! :mrgreen:
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

fitoverforty wrote:I'm rooting for the NY GIANTs too, even tho' they beat Cowboys and since I was born in Massachusetts I prolly should be rooting for the New England Patriots! And you are from Connecticut! :lol: But, oh well....GO Giants!! :mrgreen:
Thanks! We can use all the help we can get!

Not working out today, too much to do to get ready for our trip. Bought a new TV that was delivered yesterday, needed an HD TV as the one in our conservatory (next room) is an HD TV , and if you have 2 different kinds there is a huge delay! In one room everyone cheers, but the next room the cheers lag 2-3 minutes later! I jest on the timing, but it is off and drives us nuts...so, a newer and bigger TV - husband is thrilled! We didn't go too big, only a 46" set. I didn't want it to dominate the room. Anyway, I had builder friend come to remove all the shelving etc in our built in entertainment area to accommodate the bigger set, but the cable box didn't work, so the cable tech just left, all is well now. We have Comcast, and the people are all really nice and helpful, but the equipment is terrible! This is the 4th cable box I've had n the last 6 months! Next we need to rebuild the unit and put all our electronics back, the speakers connected to surround sound, base etc., the tuner and a new Blu-Ray came with the set. Can't wait to try the Smart function - then I can look up this site on the TV!
friend (and former sister in law) is moving in tonight to take care of little girl Precious, so I'm making sure the house, bathrooms and beds are all set for her arrival. Don't have too much to do I've been keeping up with things. Then I need to pack....even though I know I'll have a good time in NY, I almost wish we weren't going. Too much getting ready and I hate to leave little girl :(

Stay healthy and I'll see you AFTER the Giants win! :mrgreen:
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Only if the 49ers were there… I would watch the super bowl. :P But since they are not… I’ll take the opportunity to run errands and shop for wedding stuff. It will totally be less crowded because everybody will be busy watching the Super Bowl. :wink:

Have fun on your trip... sounds fun! :mrgreen:
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

ldematto wrote:We're going to NY for the weekend to see Phantom of the Opera and dine with 35 close friends
Sounds like a really nice time!! Have fun and no worries about precious. I hate leaving dog too but she will be okay. :D
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Had a great time in NY - Phantom was fabulous! I didn't pig out like we normally do, but had some really great food too - came home in time for the game and Woo Hoo!!! The Giants won!!! household hasn't been the same since- hubby is an absolute NUT when it comes to the Giants. :)

I joined Weight Watchers yesterday - I just haven't been able to lose the weight I need to. Last time I was on WW I was successful, got down to 149~! Hard to believe I've ever been there at this point! Anyway, goal is still 160. I need to lose at least 20 lbs to get to a point I'm not putting additional pressure on knees and the rest of joints. I think that's key to me getting back to fitness plan. Last week I guess I did too many weighted squats, knees have been a mess........I had to cancel last night with Tiffany because I had an RTM meeting.

So, focus is going to be on food - so far so good. I get 27 points per day, and something new, they also give you 49 points for the week "extra" I guess so you can have some of those foods you don't normally have. I'm sure I'll be successful!

Have a great day! Thanks everyone for checking in on me <3
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

In Weight Watchers I get 27 points per day. So far I'm sticking to that without using the 49 extra they give you for the week. I must admit I have not been hungry :)

daily intake looks like this:

Breakfast - Whole Grain Cheerios, w/kefir and 1 C of strawberries or Blueberris OR 1 Egg on 1 piece of toast
Snack - either an apple, banana or orange
Lunch - Salad (romaine, tomatoes, carrots) with Cottage Cheese, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Dinner - 6 oz Chicken Breast sauteed with mushrooms and onions (2 TBPS olive oil) with 2 cups brocolli
Snack - Greek Yogurt with fresh fruit (blue or Straw) Sometimes a few walnuts...

I suspect meals will be what I've listed above or with acceptable replacements. I even was able to eat 3 dark chocolate kisses one day, and a WW ice cream bar the other (forgot to list above) and stay within points.

What I like about WW is that you can add some of what you really like and it still works...and hopefully the weight loss will be sustainable. I'll post at least once a week, progress....and hopefully after losing about 20 lbs I can begin workout program again. I will probably workout somewhat before, but it won't be worth posting.

Have a great day!
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Try your best with WW. I heard both good and bad things about it. I guess it depend on the person :)
I know you can do it!!! :wink:
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

ldematto wrote:and a WW ice cream bar
when I first read this I read "whole wheat" ice cream bar... :roll: :lol: :lol: I thought, hmmmm, that doesn't sound too good. :mrgreen:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Wheat Ice Cream eh? If that had been true, what a bizarre concept.
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Yes, what a great world if we could manage to create Whole Wheat Ice Cream?!?! :)

Sunday was first Weight Watcher's meeting, and after only 5 days I lost 3.6 lbs., not bad considering we went out to dinner the night before with some friends..although I still didn't go over points, but it's always hard to tell not knowing how the restaurants actually cook the food. I ordered Halibut but it was covered with stuff,who knows what was in it.
I've identified "plan" for losing weight, reasonable weight loss vs. quick fixes and plan to meet to goal weight by mid June, just in time to put that bikini back on :mrgreen:

friend who worked out with me on Saturday mornings awhile back sent me a text wanting to come this Sat. I'm soooo glad, not just for me, but this poor woman has gone through Chemo for breast cancer and is on the mend and now ready to resume a fitness program. I told her I needed to start slowly and ramp up as I go, so she would be comfortable working at her own pace. Tiffany and I will only be able to work out 3 out of 4 Wednesday evening as I have a municipal (RTM) meeting on the second Wednesday of every month.

I have orientation with Seniors Helping Seniors next week, I'm very excited about that! I had training last week for the School District Mentoring Program. I hope to be matched with a student between 11-16, thinking I would be effective with that age group and this stage in life is probably the most confusing.

I have been appointed as the RTM liasion to the Economic Developement Commission and have had and have planned many informative meetings to get up to date on all activities. The group (Town Staff and Volunteers) are all very knowledgable and professional, dedicated human beings - it will be pleasure to work with them.

Anyhow....life is good, things are going well - I'm on the right path and the cloud over head has disappeared. If not before I'll stop in after next weeks WW meeting.

Have a geat day and remember, it's not what you say - it's how you make someone feel.:)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Keep believing in yourself and GOOD LUCk with everything, because If you believe you can be worth more than you were before, that's part of the battle for improvement won :).
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Phew! It's been a whirlwind here...lots going on. I only have a few minutes as I'm off to care for Grandson Austin, his parents are going out.

Last weekend cousin's 3 kids spent Saturday and Sunday night, as well as Grandson Mason. We had a ball! Movies (Saw Journey 2 Mysterious Island(, Dinosaur Park, Nautilus Museum, Soaking in the Spa, eating out, eating in - VERY busy loooong weekend! How do parents handle so many kids ALL the time! ;) After they left at 3 PM, Tiffany, her boyfriend and her 3 kids came over...kids all jumped in the spa...we drank! LOL

Gained .6 lbs last Sunday, am hoping for better tomorrow. scale and theirs doesn't seem to match :(

I have been working out, at least 3 times a week (weights), haven't done much walking...just hasn't worked out. Although went out dancing last night - OMG~! All night long, what a blast! Plan to go walking tomorrow with friend Jay, then off to the shooting range for some target practice.

Life is definitely NOT boring around here. Will come soon when I can stay longer and check out what's going on with everyone!

"I strive to become the person dog believes me to be" :)
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Wow! Quite the busy lady aren't we? :D Sounds like you are loving life and having a great time with family and friends. :D
ldematto wrote:"I strive to become the person dog believes me to be"
LOVE this! :mrgreen:
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Today weighed in (Sunday Weight Watchers Weigh In)and lost 2.4 lbs for a total of 5.6 lbs since Feb 8th. NOT as fast as I want, but I'm happy with the program. Just like needing to post workouts and diets here (accountability and support) WW helps me watch what I eat and motivates me to continue and track things....I'm in for the long haul! goal continues to be 160 by mid June - I'm SURE I can do it, but as I was sitting there at the meeting today I realized last time I belonged to WW, I went down to 149!!! Why am I settling for 160? Since I haven't been able to get to 160 in the recent past, I'm sticking with it and then we'll see....

Today Jay and I walked the Pequot Woods Trail, got lost - but we walked for 2 1/2 hours. It wasn't a brisk walk, as it was trails in the woods, lots of rocks and streams...sneaks got a bit muddy at times. I loved walking the rocks, helps with balance and I felt like a kid again! If I can walk in the morning husband and I may walk the woods again - I loved it!

The truth is, unless you let go,
unless you forgive yourself,
unless you forgive the situation,
unless you realize that THAT situation is over,
you cannot move forward

I'm moving forward.....relapsing is a fact of life that is forgivable. :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

The main thing is not where you end up physically, but how you get there. You need to be comfortable and 100% happy with the direction you take, because otherwise you may just ditch something and go from one partially motivating system to another, as opposed to something that feels very rewarding and worthwhile for the long haul.

Speed is also not of the essence with any goal anyway, it's about recognising there can be more progress week by week if needs be, but not to push too hard or expect too much and also not to feel like you're failing, because progress is not as good as you might have wished for, becasue as long as you're moving in the right direction(s), that's what counts. Feelings of potential failure can hurt progress and are counterproductive.

Nobody can progress physically, stagnating or going backwards, that's a fact of life, so any kind of progress when you want it, is moving forwards positively. It is simply a matter then of asessing if the progress is good sustainable progress, or something that could be built on and made even better, but the main priority is to make sure you're doing the thing(s) that you believe whole-heartedly, will help you get the progress you want, so such belief can make what you do more sustainable, instead of you developing an emotional disconnection and being half-hearted about how you move forwards.

Right now I think you're doing great, so don't look at things as if it's not as good as you hoped and therefore it's potentially underperforming on effort, see it as potential to improve if needs be and be proud of yourself for continuing to make the effort and trying to do well.

You are a lovely, lovely lady Lu, you really are and I always want the best for you, because you ARE worth it misses, so chin up, be strong and keep pushing, because you DO have the power to be amazing and I'm confident you WILL fulfill your physical wishes in the future and that's why I will always continue to support and back you 10,000%, no matter what :).